scfrank
I'm back - sort of.

Oddometer: 7,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal-1

Hi Sam my name is Mark.........

Hi Sam, Frank here ..............

"No, I give it up." Alice replied. "What's the answer?"

"I haven't the slightest idea." Said the Hatter.

"Nor, I" said the March Hare.
scfrank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:39 AM   #32
apeirce
So I was following Andrew

Oddometer: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalpel 3000
This brings up an important question I've been meaning to ask, since I haven't found an answer by lurking.

When can I put an ADV sticker on my ride?

Is there some sort of minimum requirement of adventurousness to achieve before I can safely show that I'm a member?
Well, here are some steps to qualify:

PayPal some scratch to Baldy for overhead, whatever you feel is appropriate, and you're on your way.

Post up a ride report and things are getting stronger.

Add some relevant advice to a thread and you're almost there.

Always vote "Fuck Loaded" in a poll and you're in.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:07 AM   #33
Smoove
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Buca
That is exactly the problem with a free entry board such as ADVRider. There are no dues for being a member and the ADV, FYYFF and other stickers are not proprietary. There are no barriers to entry and any type of person can declare themselves a "member" even after a single post. You can put any sticker on whatever vehicle you have.

To get back to the original poster's story. If someone flips me the bird out of the blue I will certainly not take it lightly. I do not believe anyone has the right to make a profane gesture to someone else by virtue of some sticker they have in their vehicle. Goofing around camping, or riding with your mates is a different story. If someone flips me off without identifying themselves, I will give them a whipping.

Lighten up Frances!
Smoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:07 AM   #34
Tall Man
Freelancer

Oddometer: 984
Quote:
(This) is the problem with a free entry board such as ADVRider. There are no dues for being a member and the ADV, FYYFF and other stickers are not proprietary. There are no barriers to entry and any type of person can declare themselves a "member" even after a single post. You can put any sticker on whatever vehicle you have.
Fair enough. What controlling standards would you suggest be established here?
Old 05-22-2009, 11:29 AM   #35
lunchmeat
MLI

Oddometer: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Man
Fair enough. What controlling standards would you suggest be established here?
You can put a sticker on your bike when you ride over to Sam Bucas house and give him one of these in his own front yard whilst uprooting his petunias with your fresh new TKC's. That's adventure right there.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:59 PM   #36
Laszlo
It`s all about the ride

Oddometer: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat
You can put a sticker on your bike when you ride over to Sam Bucas house and give him one of these in his own front yard whilst uprooting his petunias with your fresh new TKC's. That's adventure right there.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:11 PM   #37
doughy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,118
Quote:
That is exactly the problem with a free entry board such as ADVRider. There are no dues for being a member and the ADV, FYYFF and other stickers are not proprietary. There are no barriers to entry and any type of person can declare themselves a "member" even after a single post. You can put any sticker on whatever vehicle you have.

To get back to the original poster's story. If someone flips me the bird out of the blue I will certainly not take it lightly. I do not believe anyone has the right to make a profane gesture to someone else by virtue of some sticker they have in their vehicle. Goofing around camping, or riding with your mates is a different story. If someone flips me off without identifying themselves, I will give them a whipping.

You don't get out much do ya? If the ADV salute pisses you off , what's this going to do?

Until you come close to death, you really never know how or what it is to live.

Is it an adventure to find oneself, or is it destiny......
doughy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:11 PM   #38
Gluaisrothaí
Feckin' gobshite

Oddometer: 547
How you decide you're ready

I put this on after I rode Baja solo. Some other FF has FYYFF, the FF. Hence mine is effin' eff' you, you effin' eff'.

I'm planning to start selling those KTM branded 908s but please don't bump me to vendors

Gluaisrothaí screwed with this post 05-22-2009 at 06:16 PM
Gluaisrothaí is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:27 PM   #39
Gluaisrothaí
Feckin' gobshite

Quote:

And the problem with the real world is all those laws and so forth, like regarding battery and so on. Sticks and stones (and middle digits), is all I say.

Wait- so if I identify myself, and then flip you off, that's ok?

Conversation goes: "Excuse me, you don't know me but my name is so and so, and by the way up yours"
Old 05-22-2009, 06:51 PM   #40
VFR_firefly
Buh Bye!

Oddometer: 2,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by klevins
I'm planning to start selling those KTM branded 908s but please don't bump me to vendors
How long did it take you to position the bike to get the light to do that?

I looked at the picture first before I read the bottom part of your text and was baffled by what TF was going on there.

Brilliant!

Saying, "You are full of it" is a banning offense -Putts

Too many n00bs/non-riders/pirates here to be worthwhile any more
VFR_firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:05 PM   #41
Gluaisrothaí
Feckin' gobshite

Accidental!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFR_firefly
How long did it take you to position the bike to get the light to do that?

I looked at the picture first before I read the bottom part of your text and was baffled by what TF was going on there.

Brilliant!
I wandered out to pack the bike on the Vegas morning of our recent Moab trip and saw it just like that...sometimes you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right
Old 05-22-2009, 07:08 PM   #42
VFR_firefly
Buh Bye!

Oddometer: 2,494
Odin was smiling at you that day.

Saying, "You are full of it" is a banning offense -Putts

Too many n00bs/non-riders/pirates here to be worthwhile any more
VFR_firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 06:23 AM   #43
Tall Man
Freelancer

Oddometer: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcal-SAHD
I was in suburbanite mode in the minivan with both kids in the car, and I see a 1200GS in front of me with an ADV sticker on the saddlebag. Next stop sign, I pull up next to him, toot my horn a little, and flip him the bird with a big smile. He gets all pissed, and yells, 'fu#k you too, you a$$hole' and takes off. I've got all the window down and two little kids in the car. Nice. I'm hoping that about 20 seconds later he realized what may have been going on, and felt real stupid about it.
Err...don't you think that your willingness to raise your middle finger, in front of the young children, was the proximate cause for that little unpleasant episode? Perhaps the GS rider isn't the one who should reconsider his actions here.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:46 AM   #44
Belgian Waffles
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 871

Brilliant!!

Im an 18 year old and I think the ADV salute is pretty stupid and vulgar anyway. My dad and brother and I want to introduce an alternate ADV salute as the salute from Monty Python's Life of Brian - the People's Front of Judea salute
Belgian Waffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 09:47 AM   #45
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 11,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Man
Err...don't you think that your willingness to raise your middle finger, in front of the young children, was the proximate cause for that little unpleasant episode? Perhaps the GS rider isn't the one who should reconsider his actions here.

pwned.

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is online now   Reply With Quote