ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Hacks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-27-2014, 06:07 AM   #1
Brendan J OP
ONE HACK AT A TIME
 
Brendan J's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: ROLLIN AROUND THE VICTORIAN COUNTRY SIDE !!!
Oddometer: 1,477
Outfit build no.2

G'day all after losing my first ever outfit due to unfortunate circumstances a while back, I have finally purchased another bike on which to build my second outfit. This time I have decided to go with something a little more road biased compare to the Yamaha XT1200 Super Tenere I had last time.

So I present to you my new purchase a 2003 Honda CB1300



This will be a very slow build up, so updates will dribble along as things progress.
__________________
01 HONDA VFR800 FOR SALE
03 HONDA CB1300F3
13 HUSQVARNA WR125
Brendan J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:42 AM   #2
FR700
Heckler™©®
 
FR700's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Traveler
Oddometer: 5,686
Good to see you getting back in the saddle.


Custom chair or one from a manufacturer ?
__________________
I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
FR700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:36 PM   #3
Clancy
Beastly Adventurer
 
Clancy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Land of droughts, and flooding rains
Oddometer: 5,518
__________________
And he sees the vision splendid of the sunlit plains extended,
And at night the wondrous glory of the everlasting stars.
Clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:25 PM   #4
LeighSA
Gnarly Adventurer
 
LeighSA's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Adelaide SA
Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan J View Post
G'day all after losing my first ever outfit due to unfortunate circumstances a while back, I have finally purchased another bike on which to build my second outfit. This time I have decided to go with something a little more road biased compare to the Yamaha XT1200 Super Tenere I had last time.

So I present to you my new purchase a 2003 Honda CB1300



This will be a very slow build up, so updates will dribble along as things progress.
No Brendan I do the very slow build ups, so you'll need to think of another line

Should be a good build though
__________________
Cheers Leigh

Triumph Tiger 900 Solo

Triumph Tiger 900 Sidecar
LeighSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 01:39 AM   #5
Brendan J OP
ONE HACK AT A TIME
 
Brendan J's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: ROLLIN AROUND THE VICTORIAN COUNTRY SIDE !!!
Oddometer: 1,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR700 View Post
Good to see you getting back in the saddle.


Custom chair or one from a manufacturer ?
Thanks Luke it will be good to be back in the saddle. At this point in time I haven't fully decided on which way I'm going to head, either way it will be a custom chair chassis. I'm considering modifying an existing fibreglass chair body to suit my needs. I would like a Stern Rox body, but they are beyond what I can afford. I am considering a HRD Classic body also which could be found a fair bit cheaper. At this point anything is on the cards. Even considered modifying a fridge.
__________________
01 HONDA VFR800 FOR SALE
03 HONDA CB1300F3
13 HUSQVARNA WR125
Brendan J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 01:52 AM   #6
Brendan J OP
ONE HACK AT A TIME
 
Brendan J's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: ROLLIN AROUND THE VICTORIAN COUNTRY SIDE !!!
Oddometer: 1,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeighSA View Post
No Brendan I do the very slow build ups, so you'll need to think of another line

Should be a good build though
Haha Leigh I suppose I will have to. I'm hoping it will be as I've been told by Clancy it needs to beat his recent effort ( a hard task I might add ). I will be getting plenty of input from Clancy and Phil. But I will be open to input from others along the way and with inspiration from other builds on here.

Was up at Phil's place last weekend seeking ideas and as always plenty flowed. I will keep these quiet at the moment as I don't want to give to much away just yet.
__________________
01 HONDA VFR800 FOR SALE
03 HONDA CB1300F3
13 HUSQVARNA WR125
Brendan J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 01:53 AM   #7
SwampFox883R
Gnarly Adventurer
 
SwampFox883R's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Summer Grove, LA USA
Oddometer: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan J View Post
... So I present to you my new purchase a 2003 Honda CB1300....
Looks like a good place to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR700 View Post
Good to see you getting back in the saddle....
Yep, sure is ... looking fwd to the build.
__________________
Lee - Maddie's Chauffer
KLX250S
R1100GS w/CSM Sidecar
AN650 Burgman w/Texas Sidecar <Mrs. SwampFox's

SwampFox883R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 01:57 AM   #8
brstar
Gnarly Adventurer
 
brstar's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Perth Western Australia
Oddometer: 431
Thumb Fridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan J View Post
Thanks Luke it will be good to be back in the saddle. At this point in time I haven't fully decided on which way I'm going to head, either way it will be a custom chair chassis. I'm considering modifying an existing fibreglass chair body to suit my needs. I would like a Stern Rox body, but they are beyond what I can afford. I am considering a HRD Classic body also which could be found a fair bit cheaper. At this point anything is on the cards. Even considered modifying a fridge.
Will the Honda have enough Wattage to run the modified fridge (12volts)???


Hope it goes well for you mate and steer clear of the tin tops.
brstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:37 AM   #9
Brendan J OP
ONE HACK AT A TIME
 
Brendan J's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: ROLLIN AROUND THE VICTORIAN COUNTRY SIDE !!!
Oddometer: 1,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by brstar View Post
Will the Honda have enough Wattage to run the modified fridge (12volts)???


Hope it goes well for you mate and steer clear of the tin tops.
Sure will, Honda's are built tough for this sort of work.

I'll try Bruce especially those driven by the opposite sex .
__________________
01 HONDA VFR800 FOR SALE
03 HONDA CB1300F3
13 HUSQVARNA WR125
Brendan J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:12 PM   #10
kymbo
kymbo
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: fleurieu peninsula
Oddometer: 351
honda

g,day brendan what,s the horse power out put on ya 1300
kymbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:39 PM   #11
Brendan J OP
ONE HACK AT A TIME
 
Brendan J's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: ROLLIN AROUND THE VICTORIAN COUNTRY SIDE !!!
Oddometer: 1,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by kymbo View Post
g,day brendan what,s the horse power out put on ya 1300
G'day Kymbo I don't have exact measurement but figures thrown around on the net suggest about 114hp and 86ft-lb of torque.

I do have plans on getting it on my employers dyno to see what it is like and I will post up the figures.
__________________
01 HONDA VFR800 FOR SALE
03 HONDA CB1300F3
13 HUSQVARNA WR125
Brendan J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 02:54 AM   #12
3legs
Real men ride sidecars
 
3legs's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Adelaide,South Oz
Oddometer: 1,026
What. Haven't even finished it yet. What's your name? Neil

I'm subscribed.

3legs
3legs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:00 AM   #13
Brendan J OP
ONE HACK AT A TIME
 
Brendan J's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: ROLLIN AROUND THE VICTORIAN COUNTRY SIDE !!!
Oddometer: 1,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3legs View Post
What. Haven't even finished it yet. What's your name? Neil

I'm subscribed.

3legs
Yeah Neil Junior
__________________
01 HONDA VFR800 FOR SALE
03 HONDA CB1300F3
13 HUSQVARNA WR125
Brendan J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:23 AM   #14
pops
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Stirling North South Australia
Oddometer: 1,530
I am in
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:42 AM   #15
bully1
Beastly Adventurer
 
bully1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Perth west aussie
Oddometer: 3,903
Watching this space
__________________
'02 GSX 1400 outfit........coming together ( slowly )
'06 HUSKY TE510.............no wearing out front tyres ( pity about the rears )
'06 HUSKY TE610............ lots of power on tap
'92 R100GSPD ( modified)...........slow and easy
bully1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014