User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2010, 03:57 PM   #151
Juvat
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 695
Thumb Adventure Rain

"Adventure Rain" tough to break in, but once thats done they are really nice. Stood in a creek with them and stayed dry ( about a minute or 2) Spendy but I got what I paid for...

Juvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:19 PM   #152
MJBADV
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
I've had the Discovery boots for 5 years. Great boots that I wear every day for commuting. I ride year round as I don't own a car. They are still waterproof and the soles are about shot. I wear a size 12 and don't remember where I purchased them, but I think they were about $250. The only complaint I have is they are hot in the summer. I'll wear these boots until I feel they won't provide protection for my feet and ankles anymore.
MJBADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:11 PM   #153
Hondaboy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
My Sidis

Crossfire SRS - size 42 fit perfectly!!

Discovery Rain - size 42 fit even better!!

Price is unimportant (bought them from myself) Fit is EVERYTHING ! I have very flat and wide feet, I can't even try on most Alpinestar boots because of how narrow they are.
Hondaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 06:42 AM   #154
Nnordsman
Nnordsman

Oddometer: 287
CBT Light

I am just starting to break in a pair of CBT Lights. I wear a 10.5 in everything, with an occasional 11 for width. My feet are wide in front, narrow at the heal, and I have high arches. I started with a pair of 10/45 CBTs and they were a little big. I ordered the Lights a size smaller, 9.5/44, as a comparitor. I kept the 44s.

Whatever you do figure out your size in EU sizes and order accordingly. Do not trust the conversions. I have not worn a 9.5 in anything since I was 10 or 11 years old.
Nnordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 07:25 AM   #155
brownsr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 146
Aerostich/SIDI Combat Boot

I have been using a pair of Combat Boot (size 11 boot and shoe for me) for two years now... Love them.

Paid $225 through the Aerostich outlet. They supposedly had a blemish from the factory. I can not find it.

S

brownsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:25 AM   #156
lightfighter
where does this go?

Oddometer: 2,169
Crossfire TA's

got 'em on the FM, dont remember what i paid.... worth eery penny. here is me WITHOUT a tib fib fracture. too bad they dont make Sidi rib wraps.

lightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:19 PM   #157
NA2SA
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
SIDI Crossfire SRS, stumbled upon an add on that guy's list and bam! I scored these boots for $75 and the seller drove across town to deliver them to me....not stolen or anything, just got lucky for once and I took it as a good sign, as I'm slowly prepearing and planning my trip to Argentina.
The guy rode them for about 1000 miles and have some scratches and stuff but for $75 I won't complain

For whatever reason my file is only 45kb but this website won't take it...is it because I'm using infranview to resize?

na2sa

NA2SA screwed with this post 11-18-2010 at 06:25 PM
NA2SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:57 AM   #158
Joe?

Oddometer: 678
Sidi Strada Evo Air

Picked up some Sidi Strade Evo Air boots from Motorcycle-Superstore to replace some shitty engineer boots I'd been using for commuting to work, and have found myself wearing them for all riding. Side zipper makes for easy on/off and you can open them up and let them breath if you're not on the bike. Had a 10% off coupon and got them for a little under $200. I'm a 9 1/2 in certain dress shoes and 10 1/2 in sneakers, ordered a 10, fits perfectly. They are very light, almost to the point where I question their protection, but they do feel sturdy and have reinforced material where it counts. The best part for me are the 'ram air' intakes on the front and side, its like having an AC blasting right into the boots. I'd imagine they'll get wet when it rains, but its worth the tradeoff to me.

Joe? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:09 PM   #159
underkill
Horsepower Junkie

Oddometer: 1,709
Can you post which model of SIDI you wear. CROSSFIRE SRS
Where you bought them from? CYCLEGEAR
Price paid? $230. They were ordered but never purchased, and went on triple clearance.
What type of use? Dual sport, but I rode my Harley in them too...
Pros? They saved me a broken ankle a couple of times. Easy to walk in. Nicely made
Cons? They run narrow.

What you would change about them? I hate the fact that they're white. (technically they're brown now...)
And if possible a picture of your SIDI?

What size sneaker do you usually wear and what size boot did you get? Women's 8, bought a men's 7.

underkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:16 PM   #160
StarFleet
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
SIDI Canyons
$300
Touring, commuting, light off-road.
Pros? They look nice and I've yet to be cold, hot or wet in them.
Cons? Not as much protection as an aggressive DS boot. A little uncomfortable when sitting in them off the bike (e.g. Eating at a picnic table.) I bought a cheap pair of slip ons that are so small they'd fit under my seat so if I really wanted to I can change out of them off the bike easily.

Usually wear a mens 9.5 or 10. Bought a 9.5. Could have probably worn a 9.
StarFleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:24 AM   #161
BIG-E
AKA; Mongo-E

Oddometer: 1,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbasso View Post
Since there seems to be a lot of people wearing SIDI boots...

Can you post which model of SIDI you wear. Crossfire TA
Where you bought them from? GO-AZ, Scottsdale AZ.
Price paid? $400.00 otd.
What type of use? Mostly off road, but on road too.
Pros? Best boot in the known world!
Cons? Mine are white and hard to keep clean.

What you would change about them? Nothing.
And if possible a picture of your SIDI?

What size sneaker do you usually wear and what size boot did you get? I wear a size 12 in Nike's and my boots are a size 47.

Thanks!

I broke my right lower leg, just above the ankle in these very same boots on Mothers day this year, if I had not been wearing the Best boots in the world, I would have had to be air-lifted out. As it was, I rode home, about 90 miles and only suffered the 2 broken bones. I totaled out my EVS Web knee brace and my Arai XD helmet. Boots are fine and dandy.

Take care Brothers and Sisters, Eric.

"If my Technique Improves, so will my riding"!
BIG-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:55 PM   #162
AKmud
Muddy Gruver

Oddometer: 933
Update on my Adventure Rains....

After nearly 20,000 miles with these boots, they finally started leaking on me this year . They are awesome boots and I have loved every mile. The day they started leaking was an all day (literally 9am-6pm) rain from Tok, AK to Dawson City, YT for the D2D run. They weren't uncomfortably wet, but the bottoms of my socks were fairly damp once I took them off. I think I may run some seam sealer around the sole seam to see if that fixes things.

Great boots IMO though.
AKmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:27 PM   #163
L5S1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
SIDI Discovery

Over 6k miles and still love these boots ! $280ish -- Bought in Azusa, CA -- Off & On road use.

Like the fit and the protection they provide.

Starting using Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP, which is a leather preservative. This stuff really cleaned up the boots, and also helps repel water. A guy at work turned me on to this stuff, and I use it on my leather seat as well.
L5S1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:17 AM   #164
GS Dude
Hooter

Oddometer: 292
Someone asked.....

I've had the On Road Sympatex and now the Canyon Goretex. I like the Canyon better. Yes, they're a bit looser in the calf, which I like, but they're much quicker to put on and it "seems" like the velcro may last longer because they are much larger pieces instead of the 4 straps on the On Roads.

Cons: I don't like the suede. Always looks beat up. Not full protection for serious off road, but I've not found a good true DS boot. I have Alpinestars for serious off road work, but I wouldn't walk around very long in them.

Pros: Just did 3,000 miles in 6 days in complete comfort.
GS Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:49 AM   #165
greybeard146
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 303
Sidi Crossfires Goretex
Purchased from UK ebay store for under GBP200 (on a bid) to attend an off-road training course. They saved my bacon. Now it's hard for me to wear anything else, even though I recently purchased a pair of...

Sidi On-Road Goretex
Purchased from US online store for USD275 on a close-out sale, I think... I love them too...but not as much as my Crossfires. I am tempted to sell them on and get a pair of Sidi ADVenture Goretex...but, even they don't provide the peace of mind that the Crossfires do - whether on-road (mostly) or the occasional off-road sortie (rare, here, but wouldn't be when I relocate to the next dimension )

Size: European 45 / Doc Marten Size 10 UK
Fit: My black ones fit like a glove!
Pros: peace of mind, all-day comfortable, proven
Cons: none...though if I ever got around to getting a KTM 450EXC or 690 Adventure in the next dimension, an orange/white pair would be strongly considered.

Topbox Tours

CB750 F2w / R1100RT / F650 / DL1000 / Bandit 600 / CB200
greybeard146 is offline   Reply With Quote