Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2012, 01:03 PM   #181
Aussijussi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,066
Sidi Crossfire, exelent protection, bit stiff, hopefully will loosen with wear. 300 euro, so, not cheap.
Aussijussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:20 PM   #182
August West
Wharf Rat

Oddometer: 546
Adventure Rain

Paid full price last year, $375 from Rev-Zilla. Love 'em happy to have 'em. Nice catch at $239!
Boots and helmets are the only gear I don't buy second hand. Love the flea market!
August West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #183
captwheel
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by XTrooper View Post
Damn, Kyle, that's a nice snag! $239 is nearly 50% off!

I'm not sure of your local dealer's logic though since the Adventure Gore-Tex aren't meant to replace the Rains. They're simply another option. In any case, you got an awesome deal!
Where are you finding the "SIDI Adventure Gore-Tex Boots" for that price? All I can find them for in the U S is $650
captwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:22 PM   #184
3Rrr
Read Ride Reflect recycle

Oddometer: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by captwheel View Post
Where are you finding the "SIDI Adventure Gore-Tex Boots" for that price? All I can find them for in the U S is $650
Regards - in the Title I stated it was the Adventure Rain I got for $239.
03 TTR 225
89 Kat GSX600F
3Rrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:05 PM   #185
BTL
Summer 2 short.

Oddometer: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by captwheel View Post
Found Sidi Adventure Goretex on ebay for 325.00 plus 49.00 for shipping from shop in Germany. I have link posted on best gear you ever bought thread.

I tried pair on at local shop...yikes..close to 700.00 with tax. They fit and feel nice. 43 are bang on to my shoe size of 9.5.
BTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:57 PM   #186
AKmud
Muddy Gruver

Oddometer: 927
Anyone had any luck with warranty issues? I sent SIDI an email with a simple question about my leaky Adventure Rains about three weeks ago and haven't heard a thing yet.....
AKmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #187
AwolArn
Ride-Fly-Boat-Fish

Oddometer: 55
Squeak-Fires

I just pulled the trigger on a new pair of Crossfires. They were $499 at Performance Cycle of Colorado in Denver. I wanted something with max protection for off-road since I signed up for the RawHyde course in April. Shoe size is 8-1/2 to 9 depending... I have one foot almost a half size bigger. It's like a true 9 and the left foot is 8-1/2. I got the 42s and they feel great. Went on my first ride today in Colorado on some dirt roads. Definitely have to learn to shift with these. I missed some shifts, esp trying to up shift while sitting down.

The boots didn't squeak at all before the ride. After the ride, they squeak like a stuck hamster. LMAO!

The fit and finish was awesome. Wore em several hours last night around the house and they feel good. I have narrow feet and they fit good.
AwolArn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:25 AM   #188
wyno
guzzi 750

Oddometer: 94
After getting saturated feet travelling to Sydney last year, I promised myself a pair of waterproof boots. I ordered a pair of Sidi On Road boots from Revzilla, paid $350 USD plus postage to OZ, all up $377 AUD. Sidi doesn't import this boot to OZ. So far, one week after getting them, I have only ridden in very light rain ( the week before they arrived we had 2 inches in one night) so I can't say if they really are waterproof,but they sure are comfy.
wyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:44 PM   #189
1LIFE2LIVE
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,019
Resole your SIDI Boots

Just had mine done here: http://factoryresole.com/

No affiliation, just a Happy customer

1LIFE2LIVE screwed with this post 03-18-2012 at 12:53 PM
1LIFE2LIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #190
fast4d
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LIFE2LIVE View Post
Just had mine done here: http://factoryresole.com/

No affiliation, just a Happy customer

had mine resoled there too. wow. top notch work.
2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
2013 KTM SMT 990
fast4d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:58 PM   #191
BeeMaa
Hack Pilot

Oddometer: 1,092
'Stich Combat Touring

Bought new from Aerostich in April 2010 for $327.
Worn for riding the RT and GSA/Hack.
Mostly sport/adv touring, camping and bike maintenance.

Didn't have the break in problems others have had.
Been in toad croakers without leaking.
Give them bee oil once a year for feeding the leather.
Have more than 20K miles in 'em.
After all this time they still squeak when I walk.
Comfortable for riding, but couldn't wear them all day for walking and hiking.
...but they are RIDING boots, not walking/hiking shoes.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. Robert A. Heinlein
BeeMaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:51 AM   #192
Go Gary Go
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyno View Post
After getting saturated feet travelling to Sydney last year, I promised myself a pair of waterproof boots. I ordered a pair of Sidi On Road boots from Revzilla, paid $350 USD plus postage to OZ, all up $377 AUD. Sidi doesn't import this boot to OZ. So far, one week after getting them, I have only ridden in very light rain ( the week before they arrived we had 2 inches in one night) so I can't say if they really are waterproof,but they sure are comfy.
I got the Sidi On-Road Goretex boots a couple years ago, and my feet have never gotten wet wearing them. And they're very comfortable. They've been on some wet rides, like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPn33vCasS4 .
Old 03-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #193
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,542
Just got my Sidi Adventure Gore-Tex boots in today from Germany. I have purchased and returned 4 different brands of "adventure touring" boots from Sidi, Alpinestars, Infinity and none of them fit properly. I have chicken legs and all of them would float around my calf or would have too small of a toe box. I had purchased a pair of Sidi Adventure Rains, but shipped them back after they were too big and felt like ski boots walking around in them. Feeling like I'd never find a pair of boots for my CDT trip, I figured I'd just settle for the pair with the least amount of play around my calves. The Sidi Adventure Rains were the ones, but I just needed to order one size smaller. After having spend about $50 on return shipping for all the other boots, I searched obey for a better price than $400. I ended up finding a Denmark motorcycle gear vendor selling the Gore-Tex versions for $335US. I purchased my size and 10 days after paying $370 shipped, they arrived at my PO box. They're shipped DHL to my PO box which did not collect any customs fees. The boots fit great with no squeaking and best of all, they were $30 cheaper than the Lorica made Rains and arrived just a day or two slower than Revzilla had shipped boots to me. If any of you are on the fence about ordering the Gore-tex versions from oversees, I highly recommend it. If not for the leather and gore-tex quality, then for the cheaper price.

Hikertrash screwed with this post 03-19-2012 at 06:30 PM
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:36 PM   #194
L.B.S.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikertash View Post
Just got my Sidi Adventure Gore-Tex boots in today from Denmark. I have purchased and returned 4 different brands of "adventure touring" boots from Sidi, Alpinestars, Infinity and none of them fit properly. I have chicken legs and all of them would float around my calf or would have too small of a toe box. I had purchased a pair of Sidi Adventure Rains, but shipped them back after they were too big and felt like ski boots walking around in them. Feeling like I'd never find a pair of boots for my CDT trip, I figured I'd just settle for the pair with the least amount of play around my calves. The Sidi Adventure Rains were the ones, but I just needed to order one size smaller. After having spend about $50 on return shipping for all the other boots, I searched obey for a better price than $400. I ended up finding a Denmark motorcycle gear vendor selling the Gore-Tex versions for $335US. I purchased my size and 10 days after paying $370 shipped, they arrived at my PO box. They're shipped DHL to my PO box which did not collect any customs fees. The boots fit great with no squeaking and best of all, they were $30 cheaper than the Lorica made Rains and arrived just a day or two slower than Revzilla had shipped boots to me. If any of you are on the fence about ordering the Gore-tex versions from oversees, I highly recommend it. If not for the leather and gore-tex quality, then for the cheaper price.

While I paid quite a bit more than you did (wow, that was great deal you got! ) even at my cost of $540.00, boy I sure love my Adventure Gore-Tex's so far

Re: the squeaking. They will, LOL... mine were quiet as the grave for the first several weeks, and then all of a sudden, *squawk* *squeak* *squawk* *squeak* *squawk* *squeak* *squawk* *squeak*
L.B.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:51 PM   #195
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.B.S. View Post
While I paid quite a bit more than you did (wow, that was great deal you got! ) even at my cost of $540.00, boy I sure love my Adventure Gore-Tex's so far

Re: the squeaking. They will, LOL... mine were quiet as the grave for the first several weeks, and then all of a sudden, *squawk* *squeak* *squawk* *squeak* *squawk* *squeak* *squawk* *squeak*
Oh no! The Adventure Rains I tried on squeaked right away so I thought I was in the clear:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IBA #50489
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote