User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #211
SRanger331
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
Talking Canyon Gore-Tex

Just picked mine up from Iron Pony today. Had a little 200 mile ride home in them. Real comfortable right out of the box. Could still use a little break in though.
SRanger331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:57 AM   #212
Paulie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
Jest got some Fusion Rain [$180] from the good guys at New Enuf. 46 seems ok for my usual size 11.5 E. Used em on my ride to Trailerweek. They're a bit toasty, don't seem to breathe much & got un-comfy after only ~ a mile of hoofin round. Prolly need to break em in some more & git thinner/higher sox.
Got some cheep sox & used em on a ~3.3k cruz to TX & AR. They feel mo betta.

But...1 day I had a serious 10/10 rain for many hours. When I took em off I prolly poured 6 oz outta each. WTF, they're sposed to be waterproof!!! Altho the wide top opening wasn't covered by rain gear so it might've got in thar. So we'll see after the next deluge.
Paulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:59 AM   #213
brockway
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Sidi Fusion Rain. Think they were $250 from Revzilla a year ago. Normally wear a 10.5 US, 45 in euro, same as Dainese. Fits good, though a bit wider would fit great. I wear them during rainy season (winter) here when it rains for like 4 months straight. Never leaked on me, I wear them under my pants so water doesn't run down the top. Zipper makes it easy to get in and out of, and they aren't too bad walking around in off the bike. They also haven't fallen apart on me like my Icon and Tourmaster boots have. Quality boot. Wearing Dainese Dyno's now for summer.

brockway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:56 PM   #214
SF_Rider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 443
Sidi Adventure failure...

NOT at all stoked on the Adventure boot. After just over a year and 15,000 miles this is what's going on with mine. My left boot is also failing but not quite as bad, but it's on it's way out too... I am working on getting them fixed under 'warranty'. Boots this expensive should EASILY last several years, not one or two...

Soles on both are toast as well. Hope to get them repaired but I am officially classifying these boots as junk.... I know I may be in the minority here but for the price you must be kidding me.

SF_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #215
SF_Rider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 443
Thought I would update. Boots back from sole performance. New stitching and much stiffer/harder compound soles.

Hopefully they last at least another year.
SF_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:57 PM   #216
V@lentino
Inspektor

Oddometer: 815
Thumb Love'm

Sidi Discovery Rain, bought them in 2008 for 225.00 on Flee Bay, in the winterI wear them everyday to commute, plus another 15000-20000 km of road trips in various condition, just changed the metal toe protectors, sole is still in good shape, if a bit hot on very hot days, I have never been wet when under rain, or cold at -8 C. Will buy again maybe the adventure next

The motorcycle chronicles of Jackie & Valentino
The Southern Episode
V@lentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:57 AM   #217
Bogiewan
Not So Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
Discoverys

I've had Discoverys now for several years and I absolutely love them.
I have always used them for off road.
The only problem:
Last year I had a bit of a disagreement with my bike about a ditch and ended up with a metal rod in my leg.
Sadly, the paramedic had to cut my boots...

I keep wondering if I had more of a motocross boot if things would have been different.
I'm considering getting the Crossfires for more protection.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:40 AM   #218
WIBO
Will it buff out?

Oddometer: 3,574
Ref the Crossfire waterproof question......my buddy uses ex army Gortex water proof socks/liners...says they work OK....just a cheap idea to explore?

:)

Me: I don't give a fuck what you think.
WIBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:48 PM   #219
montanaman
Traveler

Oddometer: 171
Love the Canyons

One year in and about 5000 miles and love them. Have not put the Gore-tex to the test yet tho. Great compromise between a pure street boot and a hard core adventure boot IMO
Old 08-15-2012, 05:09 PM   #220
MacNoob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,525
Sidi Laguna 47 goretex/leather from motorcyclegear.com for $145 (!!). They're sitting at the parcel service waiting for me to go pick them up. Sure hope they fit!
MacNoob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:46 PM   #221
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,439
Can't remember the model of mine. They resemble the Tour Gore boots. love them. I can walk around in them all day and they breathe. Best boots I have ever owned.
burmbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:59 AM   #222
jamz
Samsquanch

Oddometer: 129
Sidi Canyons, pretty new shape, from an inmate for $175. I like them a lot, used them all winter and all summer, 8,000+ miles on them so far. Very comfortable for walking around, I actually climbed a small but technically interesting mountian with them in the spring (The soles grip rock REALLY well btw).

Have ridden through some pretty torrential rains for a couple of hours, and my feet were dry and toasty at the end.

Size is accurate with sneaker size. I like boots a bit roomy for thicker/double socks, but the work just as well with thin business socks.
jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:19 PM   #223
motopreserve
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
New Chargers...will they give a little?

Hey folks,

I just got a brand new pair of Chargers in the mail today. I had spoken to one of the guys at Revzilla about sizing, because the pair of Vertigos I had were supposed to be my closest size (43/9.5 - I wear a size 9 shoe), but always felt too big.

The Revzilla salesman said that he always suggests a size smaller for the dirt bike boots. So I went with the 42 (8.5) based on his recommendation. The problem is, the left feels PERFECT, and the right makes my foot cramp a bit.

I know these are rigid boots (reason I bought them), but I'm wondering if you all think they will give just a hair. I just need a tiny bit of space for the right foot. I fear that if I returned them for the 9.5, the left would be too big, and maybe the right would be perfect

Obviously, this is all based on me just walking around the house - can't actually get out there and test them and then return them. I've taken them on/off a few times to see if my foot would relax - but the same type of discomfort returns.

I don't like the feeling of too big - but I certainly don't want to be cramping while on a long day of riding.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

MotoPreserve -- a blog about wrenching on bikes in Barre, VT...
motopreserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:20 PM   #224
mendoje
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
SIDI model: Canyons
Bought from: Used, from an ADV Inmate
Price paid: $200
Type of use: Street
Pros:
Cons:
What you would change about them: Thicker leather at the shifter pad
Picture of your SIDIs:
Sneaker size: 9 Wide
Sidi boot size: 43

I bought them used, which was my intent. I was looking for a pair which was a little tight for the original owner, with only a few months of use, hoping they would be a little broken in and stretched out. It worked out perfect for me. I only found one online article (out of many) that claimed Canyons were a little on the wide side, so that was my hope going in. When I ride into work, I dont bother changing into street shoes, they are that comfortable.

mendoje screwed with this post 09-28-2012 at 07:28 PM
mendoje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:04 AM   #225
JeffMorse
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Great thread!

I need some advice regarding Sidi boots and this seems like the place to ask.

Due to a birth defect I've got 2 totally different sized legs from the knee down. Right side I have a large ankle area, but small calf due to lack of muscle on that side. Left side is normal, but I have a fireplug for a calf (20" around).

So I tried on some Canyon's the other day and they actually fit (yay!), but the velcro on the left side just barely closes. Are there any Sidi boots with more calf room?

Thank you very much.
JeffMorse is offline   Reply With Quote