Old 05-30-2009, 07:59 PM   #16
threadkiller
Semi-feral Pappy

Oddometer: 1,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by psucanary
Where at that $$ ? Thanks
rockymoto.com

Edit: Looks like they went out of business last year. I bought mine in April '08.

threadkiller screwed with this post 05-30-2009 at 08:11 PM
threadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:33 PM   #17
IKIGAI
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 947
Sidi Escapes $ (don't remember). Had em for 3 years now. Nice warm weather shoe (Note, not really a boot) easy to walk in and absolutely not water proof, unless you put put a Glad Kitchen catcher bag over each foot. Don't ask.

Sidi On Roads $ (shit, can't remember either). Had these about 4 years now. Nice cool, cold, weather boot. Not as easy to walk in and take a tad wearing to break in perfectly. Absolutely 100% stand-in-a-glacier-fed-stream-up-to-your-calfs waterproof.

Sidi Crossfires $250 (used, bought em off another ADV inmate) Everything everyone else says -- armor for your feet. Don't go out to the woods without them. Not a hope in hell of ever being waterproof but drain nicely when stuck onto the stump end of a tree branch.

All of them in size 45 -- shoe size is typically 10 - 10.5 -- and everything in the Sidi lineup is reliably consistant with sizeing and fit D width feet perfectly. Not really suitable for EEE or wide-ish feet.
IKIGAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:43 PM   #18
Oldrice
oldrice.com

Oddometer: 527
Thumb

Sidi On-Roads - $225 from NewEnough.com and have FINALLY broken in enough to be more comfy than my Alpinstars race boots. Mine are the older ones with Sympatex - I believe they make these with gortex now instead. I think (personally) the Sympatex is the better boot. My brother-in-law had the On-Roads with Sympatex until they were stolen (!) and now wears the new ones with Gortex. Misses the older ones too.

I like to hop off the bike, grab a pole and walk out into a stream and fish in em. Seriously waterproof and comfy. Really good boots. Worth the money for sure.

Oldrice-

AJS Trials, CB250K0, XL250K0
Oldrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 12:37 AM   #19
ultrabaka
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
I have the Sidi Strada Rains from New enough for around $240. They are a great all around street boot that's comfortable on and off the bike. They offer medium protection, are waterproof, and take 10 seconds to get into. I haven't tested them in anything more than the 80s but they seem comfortable, but leave your socks sweaty after you take them off since there's no ventilation.
ultrabaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 01:25 PM   #20
R-A-M-O-N
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
I have a pair of sidi canyon gore tex, paid $260 on ebay for them. I really like these boots a lot, they deliver what they promise and are coumfortable enough.
What i dont like about them is that in my opinion they are big and bulky for everyday use. For long rides they are absolutely perfect. They are warm. Havent had the chance to tried them in the rain yet.
R-A-M-O-N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 02:21 PM   #21
ownst1100
BLUES TRAVELER 04'GSA

Oddometer: 994
Discovery Rain Boots, size 47 (im a 12 1/2 W - 13), $265. Got them online at the Motorcycle Superstore. GREAT boot and really comfortble after break-in.
04' BMW GS Adventurer with Alumigo trailer
05' GoldWing with Trekker trailer
http://community.webshots.com/user/ownst1100
ownst1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:40 PM   #22
3power
Cafe'er

Oddometer: 1,141
Sidi Way MEGAs
Paid $203 from New Enough.
These are the wide version of the Way boots (great for folks with EEE or EEEE feet like me). They are basic no-frills waterproof sport-touring boots. They are extremely comfortable and I don't even realize I have them on (the perfect sign of well fitting gear). I will buy them again.

To the OP - Sidi are top notch. Don't overthink it, just buy 'em :-)
3power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:48 PM   #23
jamesbrown
Lefty tighty.

Oddometer: 6,413
Sidi Crossfire TA. $300 new from ebay. Absolutely awesome protection in the dirt, but overkill elsewhere (they're not too easy to walk in).

jamesbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:57 PM   #24
cabot
lurker

Oddometer: 34
Crossfire TA.

I found them very comfortable out of the box but took me about 500km to get used to shifting. Yeah they squeak. I shoot 'em with a bit of chain lube now and then but don't expect to sneak up anybody.

I haven't had them in a down pour yet but walked through the above with little to no water in the boots. Only thing I'd change is the price.

Oh yeah .... 10.5/44 shoes and 44 in the boots (44 in the Sidi Discovery too).
cabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:02 PM   #25
YamWOW!
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 460
Sidi Crossfire SRS $500 -$100 coupon from Rockymountainmc.com.

My shoe size is 10.5 to 11 and 45's fit like a glove. By far the best boots I ever had.

Check out the WR250R/X forum: CLICK HERE
Check out the Pacific NW DualSport Forum: CLICK HERE
KTM 530 EXC-R
BMW F800GS
YamWOW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:06 PM   #26
RoadNoRoad
Rusty but gettin' dusty

Oddometer: 289
Sidi Gortex On Road - Couldn't find anyone to sell them at a discount.

Very comfortable but they do tend to get a little warm in the desert.
RoadNoRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:49 AM   #27
NHRedleg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Sidi Typhoons; paid $275 @ Extreme Supply: http://www.extremesupply.com/sidi/si...oongoretex.htm
Love them, comfortable day one, use street riding, H2O proof, true to size-sidi 43=9 1/2 in sneakers and other boots. Got the Typhoons vs the Canyons because I didn't want buckles. Wouldn't change a thing really. So impressed with Sidi I am looking at the Crossfires for off-road dispite the big price tag on them.
'10 BMW F650GS (Wife's)
NHRedleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:07 AM   #28
Hamilton Felix
Part Time Good Guy

Oddometer: 306
Thumb

SIDI On Road Gore-Tex. I'm wearing them right now, at work. I commute on the bike, They have been comfortable from day one. I had a very minor bout of plantar fasciitis a while ago, so I have Dr. Scholl's cushioned heel inserts in them right now. Very comfortable.

I bought these during a sale at Cycle Barn in 2007, if memory serves. Checking just now, I see the retail list price has increased. I'm sure I paid well below $300.

I am size 11 in American sizes. That's what I ordered, that's what fits, with "medium" socks (not super thick, not very thin).

I wanted boots I could wear for all-around use, and I wanted unremarkable appearance. These fit the bill.

They really are waterproof. In the course of my job, I sometimes stand for several minutes at a time, in icewater above ankle depth, inside the scrollcase of a hydro turbine. They do not leak.

I'm sold.

"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction."
-- Thomas Jefferson - (1743-1826), in a letter to John Adams
Hamilton Felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:19 AM   #29
t-rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Talking

Sidi Strada

Where you bought them from?
Ten Kate, Netherlands (Oh yeah, the SBK team :-P)

Price paid?
189 Euro's

What type of use?
First sportive road use, now also offroad :-P

Pros?
- Comfortable while walking around the circuit (nice when going to races) and school (No, I don't take sneakers with me...)
- Waterproofness and safety. Had an accident with them (ran into a car and slided over the asphalt), feet are still working perfect, almost no damage to the boot, only 1 stitch failed, so it's not completly waterproof anymore..

Cons?
-Design isn't the best to go to work with
-smell og my feet after a day use

What you would change about them?
Change the membrane for a goretex one for full waterproofness and better ventilation (there's now a gore-tex edition...)

What size sneaker do you usually wear and what size boot did you get?
43-43 (european size)
9.5-9.5 in US (Converse sneakers)
Old 06-01-2009, 10:20 AM   #30
mistercindy
In a state of equilibrium

Oddometer: 2,905
I'd avoid Sidi's Lorica boots

Four or five years ago I bought a pair of Sidi Champions. They're fine all-round boots, except they're made of Lorica which does not breathe like leather. After a day in the saddle in hot weather my feet looked like they'd been in a bathtub all day. Lots of folks seem to get along with Sidi's Lorica boots, but I didn't. I stopped wearing them after a few months, and replaced them with all leather boots. Lots of Sidi's boots are made from Lorica, and if you sweat a lot its something to keep in mind.

EDIT: Forgot to answer your other questions. They were a size 45 and fit just fine (I'm typically an American size 11 to 11 1/2 with a medium or D width). I bought them at my local BMW dealership. Its been a while so I can't be certain of the price, but I think it was around $180. The Champions were discontinued a few years ago.
  • Pros: Fit well; comfortable for walking; excellent retention; I like the lugged sole; good ankle and shin protection
  • Cons: The lorica material doesn't allow the feet to breath (my biggest complaint); velcro straps on the outside of the calf make it a minor PITA to put on and take off (not a deal killer, though)

The following statement is true.

The above statement is false.

mistercindy screwed with this post 06-03-2009 at 08:20 AM
mistercindy is offline   Reply With Quote