$240

Love 'em!
DakarNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:42 PM   #33
OaklandLion
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 295
Vertigo Air - maybe $300?

Also MTB and road cycling shoes. Great stuff.
OaklandLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:56 PM   #34
Pax
shazam.

Oddometer: 812
I have both the Canyon Gores and the Crossfires. They are both excellent boots with different missions.

Crossfire, 44 (10), $375, from another inmate
The Crossfires hands-down win for providing protection. As others have stated, they are stiffer (which is why they give better protection) and they take some getting used to for shifting. I'm still breaking mine in, but they arrived surprisingly comfortable. They do require taller socks (a true MX sock is best). I purchased these because I found myself riding more technical terrain and coming home with scratched/bruised shins and ankles when wearing my Canyon Gores. I figured $375 was cheaper than a cast and a ruined trip.

Canyon Gore, 44 (10), $300, New Enough
The Canyon Gores are a GREAT choice for more leisurely riding. If I were thinking of doing just fire roads or easy commuting these are hard to beat. These were my first real motorcycle boots and were a good choice. They stay dry in basic wet conditions, but leak when walking through water or in heavy rain. I would still buy them again as they accomplish their mission quite well.

Both boots are extremely comfortable out of the box.

-Pax

“Character is much easier kept than recovered.” –Thomas Paine
Pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:00 PM   #35
mudwasp
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Thumb

Force srs,off-road mostly trail riding, had them for about 5 years-paid around 300 for them,i've replaced the soles once and various other bits as neccessary.In the time i've had these boots my husband has gone through 3 pairs of boots -different brands.No, he doesn't ride more or more agressively than i do!!!We both ride as much as possible while still keeping our jobs! Pros- excellent protection, comfort,durability.Cons,barely big enough around the calf to fit my asterisk braces in- i hear crossfires are better this way.When these wear out i'll buy another pair of Sidis
KLX450R
Gas Gas Pantera 320
Gas Gas txt321
Ninja 650
mudwasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:08 PM   #36
batman1939
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 159
Sidi Discovery

Size 44 (I wear an 11)

$240 (+or-)

Beaverton Honda, Beaverton Oregon
Old 06-02-2009, 02:30 PM   #37
gweaver
Wandering between rooms

Oddometer: 1,486
1st pair- Sidi Vertebra Tepor, sz 44(45?). Paid $260-ish at my local pusher. Fit really well, but after 3 years of daily use, they're pretty thrashed. Don't fit so well anymore. Soles are completely shot (but supposedly can be replaced). Stitching has come out in several places. Will be sending them to Sidi's recommended rebuilder to see what (if anything) they can do. (Bought these when I was riding a ZX9)

2nd pair- Discos in 44. Paid about $290 at same pusher as above. Fit was a bit loose, but put the insole from the Vertebras in there and they fit great. I've only had them for about two weeks, but very happy with them. These too will be worn daily, and it'll be interesting to see if/how they hold up. I keep thinking that maybe I should have gotten 43s and dealt with the slight tightness until they broke in. My bad. If they get too big, I'll see about adding a thicker insole/custom footbed until I get a fit that works.

I tried out several pairs of MX boots, but given that 90% of my riding is street, I couldn't imagine shifting with those on.

G

I like my women like I like my instant oatmeal- quick, easy, and covered in facts about dinosaurs.
gweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:57 PM   #38
Bbasso OP
my name is Rob

Oddometer: 1,875
Such great info!
Please keep posting, Maybe even put this in the sticky?
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:35 AM   #39
davinist
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
Crossfires. Size 12, usually a size 11, the extra size is useful when wearing thick socks and for a bit of air circulation in hot weather.

I use them for road and off-road (the bike's a 12GS). I chose these as they offer the best protection for all kinds of use I put them to (I don't do track days). They take a while to wear in and can be very squeaky.....I took off the upper panels, covered the leather (lorica?) in WD40 and rubbed it in well, this stops the squeaking for a few months each time. They are not good for walking long distances though, as they are heavy and don't offer much ankle movement. The negatives are nothing compared to the protection they offer, plus they do look rather good.
davinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:10 AM   #40
markbvt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,655
Discovery, size 11 (45), a hair under $300 online. Got them a few weeks ago, immediately wore them on a 2000-mile trip, love them. Super comfortable. My only complaint is that they don't breathe very well, so my feet get stinky much faster than in the Matterhorn combat boots I was wearing on the bike before. But then again, they're waterproof.

--mark

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more

Bennington Triumph Bash, May 30-June 1, 2014
markbvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:51 PM   #41
Milhaus
Made in Denmark

Oddometer: 3,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by threadkiller
Discovery's
Online Store
$225.00
Dual Sporting
Pros: They fit like an old pair of shoes.
Cons: I have big calves. They need a little more material so the boot closes up all the way.

See "Cons".
Size 13 normal. Size 13 US or 48 EU boots.
Ditto for me almost down the line!!

Online Store
$225.00
Dual Sport Usage
Size 11 (I wear a 10.5 shoe)
Going on my 3rd season in them and they still look 'mostly' new. The sole is getting chewed up from my pegs, but the topside look great.

Best pair of boots I've ever owned. Waterproof, comfortable, durable. I also have large calves so a tad more material up high would be nice, but not absolutely necessary. These boots are better than most in that regards.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:38 PM   #42
atokad
wan⋅der⋅lust

Oddometer: 2,487
Sidi Discovery
45/11 - I wear any where from an 11 (european dress shoes) to a 12 (Nikes). I say they run a little large.
Comfortable from day one
$265 online - can't remember where, some bike shop out of UT
DS usage
Haven't water tested them
Have hyper extended my ankle a bit when putting a foot down riding dirt bike, their weakest link I believe - ankle protection. I will be getting Moto X boots for my offroad excursions on my KTM
Breathability - I think is individual preferences. I'm not exactly a sweathog and used them on 90 degree days on the highway and do not find any discomfort in them.
I find them very easy to walk around in.
I removed the metal toe clips so I didn't scratch the h@ll outta my fiberglass-color matched side cases.
Keep 'em clean, keep shoe trees in them when not being used, leather treat them every now and then and they will last FORever.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:59 PM   #43
beemerkid
Do you ADV

Oddometer: 801
canyons Love um
beemerkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:37 AM   #44
Jolly Roger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 581
Sidi Crossfire TA
Can't remember how much I paid . . . think it was around $350???

Love the boots although it did take a little while to break them in and get used to shifting with them. As per one of the previous posts, they do tend to be a bit squeaky, especially if you don't lube them every once in a while. Had them on all day last Sunday (5:30 am - 10:00 pm) on a long ride and they were very, very comfortable. Just love 'em and would recommend them to anyone. I little bit pricey but you get what you pay for.
Jolly Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:12 PM   #45
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,660
Sidi Doha
NewEnough.com
$170
Street / Sport-Touring
Pros - Comfortable. Don't look like MC boots off the bike.
Cons - Limited protection, though OK for my riding style. Not waterproof (though they're meant as a warm-weather boot, and have some air-flow capacity, so it's sort of moot).

What you would change about them?
- Some type of hard ankle armor.
- GoreTex liner

And if possible a picture of your SIDI?
lmychajluk is offline   Reply With Quote