Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2009, 11:42 AM   #61
Bbasso OP
my name is Rob

Oddometer: 1,876
OK, never mind about them not fitting. I was told on TT to remove the insole. = 100% Perfect fit.

Just had to show off now that I'm happy!

Bbasso screwed with this post 07-31-2009 at 12:20 PM
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:31 PM   #62
ML WYDELL
NED

Oddometer: 467
Sidi Canyons

Picked them up from a fellow convict, have about 3k miles on them. Very comfortable, true to size. I wear a 8.5 / 9 and the 42 fit perfect. Did some rides in heavy extended periods of rain and they are waterproof. I was impressed, no wet / damp spots anywhere. Next are the Sidi on road. would like one boot that will cover riding and some hiking. I usually switch out footbeds to increase / lower volume depending on the socks I'm using.
ML WYDELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:47 PM   #63
peter-reebok
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
SIDI Discovery Boots
$260 Online - not sold in Australia!.
Took 6 months to break em in properly.

Just did a 3 week ride in India - inc water crossings, extreme heat, cold, snow, ice, dirt, anything and everything.

NO water entered, even when boots were submerged in water, feet didnt excessively sweat in them, plenty of protection, and comfortable enough to walk in them for 1-2 hrs at a time.

Wore em 8-12 hrs a day - NO complaints!.

Boots of choice now!
peter-reebok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 04:31 PM   #64
KEN PHENIX
"CERTIFIABLE"

Oddometer: 617
I just bought the ON-ROAD GORETEX because I was tired of buying winter boots every 2 years. I bought 'em at MotoLiberty in Dallas 'cause they're good peeps. I got the On-Roads for wet cold winter everyday riding and touring. Winter is only 4 months long for me though - the rest of the year I love my TCX (Oxtar) Air-Tech Gore-Tex XCR / mesh boots. They breathe like crazy and they're still waterproof after 2 years.
IBA #47092
The 919 Transalp Project
KatanaBandit (sold)
smugmug pics

KEN PHENIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:07 PM   #65
batman1939
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbasso
OK, never mind about them not fitting. I was told on TT to remove the insole. = 100% Perfect fit.

Just had to show off now that I'm happy!
How the devil did you get your jeans over those things? I have some Discoveries and no way to my jeans (standard 501 Levi). Carharts are no problem.

batman1939 screwed with this post 08-06-2009 at 07:47 AM
batman1939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:33 PM   #66
Bbasso OP
my name is Rob

LOL!!!
A tight fit, but do-able..
Most of my jeans won't and only two will fit over.
I guess I'll be looking for boot cut jeans from now on
Old 08-07-2009, 08:13 PM   #67
ldeikis
Dirty daydreamer

Oddometer: 718
I have Sidi discoverys, paid a good cough over $200 several years ago. They're comfy with no insole, but throw in a doctor Sholes and it's like a slipper. Unreal. Totally waterproof for 3 years, but now they leak. If I ride in steady rain all day, my feet are pretty wet... one more than the other, but it's not just damp, it's wet, like wring substantial water out of your socks kind of wet. I still love them.

I also have a pair of Sidi FlexForces I bought lightly used on here a couple years ago for trail riding. They have a flatter toe box than the Discos, and WAY more armor--I don't even want to think about the fall that would take out my ankle inside those boots. They seem to run slightly smaller than the discos. Because of all the armor, they feel stiff when I first put them on, but after a few minutes on the bike I don't even notice, and they'r enot stiff in ways that are relevant to riding... and when I used to ride in street clothes to the woods, change, ride trails, change, ride freeway home--that moment of putting my feet back into the boots after changing back into street gear was always bizarre, like they somehow melt to fit your feet as you're in the woods all day and they're just so comfy to slip back on. They're more waterproof than most offroad boots, but not really waterproof in any street sense of the word.

Both boots are a 46, I usually wear an 11 or 11 1/2 (though my Redwings are 12s?) and like I said, the Discos are on the money and the Flex's are just a touch snug, but not enough to notice after a second. Both boots fit under my Joe Rocket ballistic pants (SHIT product), but I don't think the Forces would fit in jeans--haven't tried. Also the cuff on the Forces would be uncomfortable if you didn't have moto pants tucked inside, or very, very tall socks.

Luke
"To them, the bike's garage clutter. To us, it's a Beretta, half a mil' in cash, and a forged passport hidden under the floorboards. Whether it's used or not, that choice is always there." --Dan Walsh, Bike, December 2003
ldeikis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:51 PM   #68
Bbasso OP
my name is Rob

While wearing my boots yesterday I flopped over because of wet slippery clay/mud and caught my ankle under the bike. (at 3mph)

The bike held my foot/ankle down while the rest of my body was tossed to the right. The result was painfull to say the least! (I think I yelped) :(
But I can't imagine the possible damage that would of happened if I was wearing some other type of footwear!

I swear I would have been taken out on a stretcher.

I think I should be saying thanks Sidi & everyone here who gave their reccomendations.

24 hrs later and it still hurts! But I can walk and starting to gain some movement.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:37 PM   #69
KEN PHENIX
"CERTIFIABLE"

Oddometer: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldeikis
I have Sidi discoverys, paid a good cough over $200 several years ago. They're comfy with no insole, but throw in a doctor Sholes and it's like a slipper. Unreal. Totally waterproof for 3 years, but now they leak. . . . .
Luke
Try THIS. If the Gore-Tex / Sympatex liner is not torn this should work.
IBA #47092
The 919 Transalp Project
KatanaBandit (sold)
smugmug pics

KEN PHENIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:52 PM   #70
jetfixer007
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Aerostich Combat Lite Boots made by sidi.

Was on the bike 12hr first ride with them no problems.
jetfixer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:19 PM   #71
catweasel67
Still a B.A.N

Oddometer: 8,130
vortice

paid €359 in Austria. Only got them yesterday, felt pretty good in store though :)

I take a size 42/3 shoe but had to go to the 44 boot as I have rather wide feet and couldn't get into the 43.

I went for the Vortice because it seems to offer loads of protection (a mate got run over by a bus and was saved by his Sidi), and adjustment.

Main purpose is day riding and touring - nothing off road (I hope)

Am looking forward to this weekend.

add - just took a lunchtime spin....felt good, solid, as an experiment I closed the toe vent on the right boot and opened the left. The difference in cooling was amazing.

Bit more...rode all day with them in the rain, forgot to close to the vents ...wet feet but they dried overnight and were good to wear next day. As long as you wear long socks they're very comfortable to wear for walking and, of course, supreme on the bike. And now I've gotten more used to strapping them on and taking them off, I'm wearing them almost daily, even for short rides.

catweasel67 screwed with this post 08-27-2009 at 12:09 PM
catweasel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:17 PM   #72
blown7.3lps
Brian

Oddometer: 647
Sidi Vertigo Rain Boots:

anyone own these and have used them in heavy rain fall and knows these will keep ur feet dry?
blown7.3lps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:38 PM   #73
Agnostic and Orange

Oddometer: 1,317
Sidi discovery.3 years. Off road use. They are leaking now. But very comfy. I even use them for street riding now on my 640. They kill all vibes through the pegs.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:17 PM   #74
gplane
Brush With Destiny

Oddometer: 819
Typhoons...love e'm.
Stitch combat tours...love e'm.
Both do what they are supposed to.
These are great boots. They take care of me and vise-versa.
gplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:35 AM   #75
AndyB
Lonely Traveler

Oddometer: 173
Sidi Discovery's

+1 for the Discovery's and Nearly perfect boot for the past 3 years of dualsport and single track riding.
out of the box comfy, were totally waterproof (a little leaky now in deep water, but witha little nic-wax and maintence on thread areas probably seal right up)
Size, 44/US10, just a little large for my 9.5/10 sneakered foot. walk around all day comfy bar none,
after 3 years of wkly. riding abuse, stitching and buckels still in great shape.
BUT...(my only 2 complaints)
i would buy another pair of these today If they had beefier ankle support(now not much more supportive than a well worn over the ankle work boot) and toe box protection. Left toe needs some attention before wearing thru (from shifting for 3 yrs. on metal tabbed dirtbike shifters)
Loose in the ankle, some extra padding or ? dbl. layer of leather stiched on or something to beef up the support from twisting.
Otherwise i would Highly reccomend these boots for aggresive road riding/dualsporttin'/non competive single trackin' & trials/

Now in the market for a new pair of boots(retiring the Discovery's to general road riding) But which ones ?(i got a pair of A-Star tech 8s for hardcore dirt/enduro) what i'm looking for is something inbetween the tech 8s and Discovery's = All day dualsporting/singletrack/trail riding, and water "proof-ness" ? possibly the FlexForce or Chargers ? can you get either of these boots with the same sole as on the Discovery's ?
Ride On...,AndyB
AndyB is offline   Reply With Quote