Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2009, 10:17 AM   #91
greatnortoni
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 432
My first pair were FULL BORE boots (made by Sidi), anybody remember Full Bore? They had oil and all kinds of stuff that wore that moniker.
I used them for years motocrossing and trail riding until they finally started to come apart. They were ALL leather - no plastic guards etc. I bought them from the local Hodaka shop, that was in the 70's.

I replaced them in the 80's with another pair of Sidi's, blue/white to match my 84 Husky, don't know what model they are, all they say on them is Sidi and a small 12 on the upper to indicate the size.
Bought them from the same Husky dealer where I got my bike - they're long gone now and sorry I can't remember what I paid for them (too long ago).
I have a size 12B foot and the size 12 Sidi fit nicely.

I dug them out of storage since I got a new DS bike last week, but time wasn't good to them. The soft upper foam type seal across the top of the boot had deteriorated and is all sticky if you touch it, other wise the rest of the boot looks like it could still be used.
I remember using them to ride enduro's since my Husky was a WR, and for a lot of trail riding with a lot of creek crossings - I never had a wet foot from outside water. I never "treated" them with anything and would in fact hose them off after a muddy ride, they were not supposed to be waterproof but held up nicely.
I have been looking at the new Sidi's to determine which model to get, and will probably buy them through the local m/c accessory shop - to help support him.
Sorry I can't post photos - if I could I would.
greatnortoni
greatnortoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:05 PM   #92
BAGSTR
BAGSTR

Oddometer: 558
Crossfire SR Protects

KTM 950 (Him) vs 690 (Me)
I hate to imagine the extent of damage to my foot with a lesser boot.
Sandwiched between two engine cases travelling in opposite directions, I suffered broken small toe and 9 stitches.
BAGSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:46 PM   #93
Chuck289
Air cooled

Oddometer: 2,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAGSTR

KTM 950 (Him) vs 690 (Me)
I hate to imagine the extent of damage to my foot with a lesser boot.
Sandwiched between two engine cases travelling in opposite directions, I suffered broken small toe and 9 stitches.

Holy shat!!! Your foot wouldve been gone with any lesser boot
Old 09-01-2009, 10:46 AM   #94
BWJ
ninja lurker

Oddometer: 85
I have a pair of the Sidi Strada Rain boots size 46 Euro/11.5 US. I wear size 11 in Vans shoes and my boots are a tad loose so I added a pair of nice insoles and they fit perfect now. I bought mine slightly used for $150 off another forum. They are very comfortable off the bike. They don't breath all that well so they are not great summer boots.
BWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:47 PM   #95
Bbasso OP
my name is Rob

Oddometer: 1,870
I just spent 6 days in my Sidi Chargers, absolutly WONDERFULL.

Other then them squeaking. not a complaint.
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:35 PM   #96
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,550
Sidi crossfires srs. Craigslist almost new cond. $120. You gotta be quick?? Best boot made period!!
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:35 PM   #97
Hondaboy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Cool2 Sidi dealer in Scottsdale, Az

Hello all ADV'ers. My shipment of Sidi boots is due in this week. Discovery and Crossfires available at a discount to ADV inmates. Please contact me here or @ johnny@goaz.com
Hondaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:04 PM   #98
lm002e
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 287
I just finished up a 7000 mile trip through the western US and my Sidi Discovery Rain boots were amazing. Very comfortable, great protection and I can vouch for their waterproof-ness. From standing in 6" of water to 2+ hours in a rain storm my feet stayed bone dry. All the rest of my "waterproof" riding gear leaked except my boots. They've been worth every penny.
lm002e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:54 PM   #99
RockiesTwin
Dfrag y0ur BrAin

Oddometer: 138
Basically those are a beefed up version of the Combat Tourers (from appearances) available from Stich.. I have a pair of the combat tourers and of alllll the moto equipment and personal gear I've bought these are absolutely the best thing I've bought. I've worn them in snow/tropical heat/desert/torrential rains and a few rivers :P They're made for stich by Sidi. I think they go for about $300 US and are pretty true to size. IE: I wear a 47 and that's what I'm wearing in the boots. The only modification I've made to them was to remove the synthetic laces for leather latigo so it didn't snag on the velcro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughReady
I bought a pair of Sidi boots a couple of weeks ago on the local Craigslist ($40.) as I thought I'd get something offering more protection than the Army boots I usually wear when going off-road. I know nothing about these boots. Can anybody identify the model name? Do these boots have any type of waterproofing? Are the plastic buckles up to the task and are replacement buckles available if I need them? They are in nice shape but I have no idea how old they are. Any thoughts on that. Any other info you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks
RockiesTwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:31 PM   #100
AKStrom
Just call me 'Magellan'

Oddometer: 1,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbasso
Since there seems to be a lot of people wearing SIDI boots...

Can you post which model of SIDI you wear.
Where you bought them from?
Price paid?
What type of use?
Pros?
Cons?

What you would change about them?
And if possible a picture of your SIDI?

What size sneaker do you usually wear and what size boot did you get?
  • Sidi On-Road Permatex
  • South Sound BMW
  • $325
  • Mostly commuting & sport-touring, some forest service roading on a Wee-Strom
  • Pro: Very water resistant and comfortable once broken in. Boot body is quite durable to wear & tear. Ridden 55,000 miles in them in 39 months.
  • Con: Velcro started getting raggedy at 12 months, and kaput at 24 months. Delaminated from the rubber tabs at 30 months and only the bottom tabs to them on my feet anymore.
  • What to change? Different closure system and more ankle protection. My ankle still aches occasionally where I landed hard on it in December 2007.
  • sneaker size is 10.5, but the Sidi Euro size 45 is truer to my feet.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:37 PM   #101
AKStrom
Just call me 'Magellan'

Oddometer: 1,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbasso
Since there seems to be a lot of people wearing SIDI boots...

Can you post which model of SIDI you wear.
Where you bought them from?
Price paid?
What type of use?
Pros?
Cons?

What you would change about them?
And if possible a picture of your SIDI?

What size sneaker do you usually wear and what size boot did you get?
  • Sidi On-Road Permatex
  • South Sound BMW
  • $325
  • Mostly commuting & sport-touring, some forest service roading on a Wee-Strom
  • Pro: Very water resistant and comfortable once broken in. Boot body is quite durable to wear & tear. Ridden 55,000 miles in them in 39 months.
  • Con: Velcro started getting raggedy at 12 months, and kaput at 24 months. Delaminated from the rubber tabs at 30 months and only the bottom tabs to them on my feet anymore.
  • What to change? Different closure system and more ankle protection. My ankle still aches occasionally where I landed hard on it in December 2007.
  • sneaker size is 10.5, but the Sidi Euro size 45 is truer to my feet.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:36 PM   #102
jdub
Dawg bytes reel gud

Oddometer: 1,701
-Sidi Typhoon Gore-Tex (discontinued)
-Got them last year from the good folks at New Enough as a warranty replacement for my 8 month old Oxtar Matrix Gore-Tex that leaked at the sides during rain riding
- The Typhoons have been great boots, but now they too have started leaking around the toe area when riding in hard rain. I guess I'm cursed when it comes to Gore-Tex, and my experience with Gore-Tex wannabes (Te-Por, VeraTex) in other boots is even worse. May just try some leather waterproof treatment of some kind on these and give up on Gore-Tex.
- Any suggestions for good leather waterproof treatments?
Old 09-21-2009, 07:13 PM   #103
T
Yippee Ki Yay

Oddometer: 5,075
Sidi On Roads.
$300 MC Superstore.
Well made and waterproof. I didn't like the feel (or lack there of). Thick sole and not a lot of ankle protection. Moved on to TCX Matrix II. Better shifter/brake feel but not much more ankle protection. BTW the leather was some of the highest quality I've ever had in a boot.
T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:06 PM   #104
Coho911
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,343
HEAVEN.

----> LC4 Info Thread <----

So many places to go and see, so little time...do it whenever you can, cause too late comes fast. - Coho

The internets BEST Site for Image Hosting ---> Smugmug <--- SAVE $ 5.00 on smugmug membership with this COUPON - hUuJ7EHBKXWDU
Coho911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:43 PM   #105
Kaliram
Chalice of Light

Oddometer: 47
Thumb Sidi Crossfire TA's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaboy
Hello all ADV'ers. My shipment of Sidi boots is due in this week. Discovery and Crossfires available at a discount to ADV inmates. Please contact me here or @ johnny@goaz.com
I am glad I got in touch with Hondaboy about his offer. Our fellow inmate is offering a fantastic price break to ADVrider folks! If you are at all interested in Sidi boots, you won't find a better deal. - I am VERY pleased! Great price, great service, fantastic boot.

SIDI got it right with the TA's for comfort, ease of putting on and getting off, protection, adjustability, stiffness, and flexibility in all the appropriate places: perfect for on and off road riding. - Pro's: all the above that others have mentioned; Con's: none.

I wish I had these boots back in May when riding in Moab, BEFORE my ankle found itself broken between a rock and a bike part. It absolutely would have (and will be!) pampered in these Sidi TA's: my ankles are worth it at any price, and now I have no reason to bitch about price.

Thanks, Hondaboy!

- Ah, the wisdom of hindsight!
That is why It is called The Present.

Kaliram screwed with this post 09-22-2009 at 06:12 PM
Kaliram is offline   Reply With Quote