Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2010, 05:03 PM   #1546
advfrk
Grateful ADVer

Oddometer: 712
Thanks again steelpony those bars are excellent!
04 Bandit 1200s When I wanna fly
advfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:46 AM   #1547
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy

Oddometer: 5,506
I'm heading out from PBTP around 12:30 or 1:00, not sure where I'm going, but if anyone want to ride, come on. If you have an idea of where you wanna go, even better.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:10 AM   #1548
eeore39648 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy1298
I'm heading out from PBTP around 12:30 or 1:00, not sure where I'm going, but if anyone want to ride, come on. If you have an idea of where you wanna go, even better.
eeore39648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:05 AM   #1549
eatalotapeaches
finding my own way

Oddometer: 1,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeore39648
If your son is still out of town, you better git on that bike and go ride. Do it for me, I'll be stuck at the parade drinking beers and watching drunk old ladies act a fool.

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. Psalm 143:8
eatalotapeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:56 AM   #1550
eeore39648 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,940
I am looking over my maps, and printing a few. I am going to work on my loop, from 469 out of Florence, to Brookhaven. Going to take a look at the area between HWY49 and I55. Maybe another day look at the area between HWY18 and HWY49. Then choose which would be best for a group ride.
eeore39648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:02 PM   #1551
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,392
I ended up loading the atv in the truck with the kids and heading out to the family farm. Decided while going that way, to just use the truck to work on my route. We found some great gravel roads that connect to where I want to end up. So it will hopefully be ready soon!!

:).

Oh, and when my battery died on the KLR, I had left the GPS plugged in, so it is now dead. Won't power on even hooked up to wall power or the computer.. :(
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:07 PM   #1552
MSrider
Rebel with a sixfiddy

Oddometer: 4,271
I rode with my son and his friend from a little after noon till dark. They whooped my arse. Loads of fun. I went over some riding techniques with them while watching the Dual Sport DVD of Peaches and they really improved on all their skills. Fun times.

MSrider screwed with this post 03-21-2010 at 06:34 AM
MSrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:15 PM   #1553
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy

Oddometer: 5,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSrider
I rode with my son and his friend from a little after noon till dark. They whooped my arse. Loads of fun. I went over some riding skills with them while watching the Dual Sport DVD of Peaches and they really improved on all there technics. Fun times.
Sounds like you had a fun day. Could have used you riding with me today. Had to turn around a few times cause I didn't want to try the roughest spots solo, and I got thirsty alot.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:33 AM   #1554
MSrider
Rebel with a sixfiddy

Oddometer: 4,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy1298
Sounds like you had a fun day. Could have used you riding with me today. Had to turn around a few times cause I didn't want to try the roughest spots solo, and I got thirsty alot.
That happens on a good ride. A lot.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:41 PM   #1555
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

[rant]

I have tried, and tried to give GG Motorsports every chance to continue to earn my business... I bought my 4-wheeler there, I bought my KLR there, I have bought numerous parts and accessories there. I have recommended them to many people and they help sponsor our (don't) Fall DeSoto Rally...

But they just got strike two at lunch.

I went in to get spare keys made for the KLR. I waited in line (all 4 parts counter stations are now manned). Approached the next available parts agent and told her what I wanted. I needed a key copied. She said only one person there knew how to make keys and as soon as he finished with his current customer, he would do it. So I go scout the store, pick up a mini-fork brace that protects springs when strapped down. I was looking at other gear and finding more parts and stuff to buy. I wander back over and he is still waiting on the same guy. So I make another loop, go look at the new CBR1000RR near the door. Walk back and he is helping a new customer who came in behind me. So I stand there by the line. He waits on another new person and I see my key laying on his desk.

I wait another few minutes and he starts to help the next person in line and I put my stuff down on the floor, walk up and grab my key off his desk, head to the front door where I complain about the poor service in the parts department. The salesman who sold me the KLR and who has shown an interest in one day doing some DS riding offers to step in to help, but it is already 1:15 and my lunch hour is long gone... So I complain a bit and run out the door. The weather is too great to be stuck waiting in line at the stealership!!!!

/rant
Old 03-23-2010, 01:03 PM   #1556
CrashDummy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR
I have tried, and tried to give GG Motorsports every chance to continue to earn my business... I bought my 4-wheeler there, I bought my KLR there, I have bought numerous parts and accessories there. I have recommended them to many people and they help sponsor our (don't) Fall DeSoto Rally...

But they just got strike two at lunch.

I went in to get spare keys made for the KLR. I waited in line (all 4 parts counter stations are now manned). Approached the next available parts agent and told her what I wanted. I needed a key copied. She said only one person there knew how to make keys and as soon as he finished with his current customer, he would do it. So I go scout the store, pick up a mini-fork brace that protects springs when strapped down. I was looking at other gear and finding more parts and stuff to buy. I wander back over and he is still waiting on the same guy. So I make another loop, go look at the new CBR1000RR near the door. Walk back and he is helping a new customer who came in behind me. So I stand there by the line. He waits on another new person and I see my key laying on his desk.

I wait another few minutes and he starts to help the next person in line and I put my stuff down on the floor, walk up and grab my key off his desk, head to the front door where I complain about the poor service in the parts department. The salesman who sold me the KLR and who has shown an interest in one day doing some DS riding offers to step in to help, but it is already 1:15 and my lunch hour is long gone... So I complain a bit and run out the door. The weather is too great to be stuck waiting in line at the stealership!!!!

/rant
I went in to get a spare key made a while back and was told they didn't make them at all, so you got farther than I did. Where DO we get spares made?
CrashDummy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:19 PM   #1557
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashDummy_MS
I went in to get a spare key made a while back and was told they didn't make them at all, so you got farther than I did. Where DO we get spares made?
According to the documentation that came with my bike, I can order them with the number on the emergency tag that was on the keyring. I've started doing business with an online OEM parts distributor and had a lot better luck with them, so I may see if they can order keys from the ID code.

Besides, I guess I have to go to another dealer, but GG has been the best that I have dealt with in MS... Which may not be saying much...
Old 03-23-2010, 01:31 PM   #1558
Cybervlad
Volusia Man

Oddometer: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashDummy_MS
There is a Shop in Richland that is suppose to be able to make keys, and I have also been told that Ace / Revel can make keys for some models less than 10 years old or so. But I have not personally tried either. Though i need to.

Cybervlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:40 PM   #1559
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Anyone know if the kickstand can make keys? or copy motorcycle keys?
Old 03-23-2010, 01:49 PM   #1560
tslaw
aged n00b

Oddometer: 2,620
BW, it's frustrating not getting what you want when you want it but GG doesn't deserve a strike over that. I'd love to have a GG in VxB.
tslaw is offline   Reply With Quote