Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2009, 11:59 AM   #181
carabnsol
should have been a cowboy

Oddometer: 2,089
Any one going to Got Gear bike night tonight? Was supposed to have been last week but was rained out.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:06 PM   #182
carabnsol

Never mind. I just talked to Got Gear, no bike night this week.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:08 PM   #183
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by carabnsol
Any one going to Got Gear bike night tonight? Was supposed to have been last week but was rained out.
They probably don't want me there after the fit I threw at lunch... They still had not even looked at my bike. Service department manager knew I was a bit peeved and sent a little peon to talk to me. Finally came to door of service office and ignored me while addressing Josh, the nice check-in guy who has not power to help me. After he totally ignored me and spoke to Josh about me as if I was not there, (he basically told Josh "we will look at it today, but he ain't gettin' back by this weekend") I went out on sales floor looking for other managers. I ran into the nice sales and finance guys who helped me get the bike. I threatened to call Kawasaki and see about returning the lemon they sold me. One of the really nice guys in front office said to give him a chance to look into it. He went to service and came back and said that they will be checking it out shortly. He said that the service mangler gave the excuse that they only have a certain number of service bay / lifts and until those bikes are moved out of the way, they can't check my new bike out cause they don't want to get parts mixed up or something... I said, "well it only took an hour for them to stop what they were doing and put the thing together out fot he crate to sell it to me..." I hope to hear something soon. I still think I have ZERO chance of getting back by tomorrow night, but maybe they will at least get a start on it. I told them that if I bought a new car at any dealership in town, and came abck 1000 miles later with oil leaking out, they would make the shop look at it right then... They said, "Yeah, but bikes are different."

I once held Got Gear in very high regard and had always had good experiences with them. But this may knock them down a few notches in my opinion... Sales guys were great, but service isn't managed very well... (I guess that is all dealerships if you read these motorcycle forums...)

/end rant
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:13 PM   #184
wolfy317
Beemer lover

Oddometer: 3,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR
They probably don't want me there after the fit I threw at lunch... They still had not even looked at my bike. Service department manager knew I was a bit peeved and sent a little peon to talk to me. Finally came to door of service office and ignored me while addressing Josh, the nice check-in guy who has not power to help me. After he totally ignored me and spoke to Josh about me as if I was not there, (he basically told Josh "we will look at it today, but he ain't gettin' back by this weekend") I went out on sales floor looking for other managers. I ran into the nice sales and finance guys who helped me get the bike. I threatened to call Kawasaki and see about returning the lemon they sold me. One of the really nice guys in front office said to give him a chance to look into it. He went to service and came back and said that they will be checking it out shortly. He said that the service mangler gave the excuse that they only have a certain number of service bay / lifts and until those bikes are moved out of the way, they can't check my new bike out cause they don't want to get parts mixed up or something... I said, "well it only took an hour for them to stop what they were doing and put the thing together out fot he crate to sell it to me..." I hope to hear something soon. I still think I have ZERO chance of getting back by tomorrow night, but maybe they will at least get a start on it. I told them that if I bought a new car at any dealership in town, and came abck 1000 miles later with oil leaking out, they would make the shop look at it right then... They said, "Yeah, but bikes are different."

I once held Got Gear in very high regard and had always had good experiences with them. But this may knock them down a few notches in my opinion... Sales guys were great, but service isn't managed very well... (I guess that is all dealerships if you read these motorcycle forums...)

/end rant
Man that sucks. I hate to hear it. Seems that bike shops are just about the money these days. No more bikers than they are "service" men. Hopefully you'll get lucky, was hoping to meet you at the ride saturday morning.

'71 BMW R75/5 | 06 BMW K1200R
wolfy317 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:14 PM   #185
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy317
Man that sucks. I hate to hear it. Seems that bike shops are just about the money these days. No more bikers than they are "service" men. Hopefully you'll get lucky, was hoping to meet you at the ride saturday morning.
If nothing else, maybe I can just ride out in my truck to the start point and say hey to everyone and try not to cry as y'all ride of into the sunrise without me...
Old 07-23-2009, 12:19 PM   #186
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Never mind. I just talked to Got Gear, no bike night this week.
Oh, and I was showing Ben at GG this site and our tag game and he recognized your bike in some of the pics. I figured I might have to try to work in some corporate support for our planned big rally or something...

I told him he needs to join up and grab some tags... His reply, "Well, I'd have to get a bike first..."

Old 07-23-2009, 12:28 PM   #187
wolfy317
Beemer lover

Oddometer: 3,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR
Oh, and I was showing Ben at GG this site and our tag game and he recognized your bike in some of the pics. I figured I might have to try to work in some corporate support for our planned big rally or something...

I told him he needs to join up and grab some tags... His reply, "Well, I'd have to get a bike first..."

He works at GG and has ...no....bike.....................

A little corporate support could be nice.......

'71 BMW R75/5 | 06 BMW K1200R
wolfy317 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:58 PM   #188
carabnsol

Quote:
Ben has a four wheeler so he does ride and he is definitley helpful to those of us who do. I will say that Got Gear has always treated me well and it is one of the few places I can walk in the door and get called by name. Got Gear is also a big corporate sponsor to many motorcycle related events in our area and has done more IMHO to promote motorcyling in our area than any other dealers. And no, I am not on their payroll. I know how frustrating it is to have a new toy and not be able to play with it. Been there before. Sorry you are having this bad luck. Maybe it is just a leaking seal and they can replace it quickly and get you back on the road.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:33 PM   #189
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Ben has a four wheeler so he does ride and he is definitley helpful to those of us who do. I will say that Got Gear has always treated me well and it is one of the few places I can walk in the door and get called by name. Got Gear is also a big corporate sponsor to many motorcycle related events in our area and has done more IMHO to promote motorcyling in our area than any other dealers. And no, I am not on their payroll. I know how frustrating it is to have a new toy and not be able to play with it. Been there before. Sorry you are having this bad luck. Maybe it is just a leaking seal and they can replace it quickly and get you back on the road.
I have always had the same good dealings with GG... and it appears I might again!!! The service manager who ignored me earlier today just called. He said they looked at the bike and it was not dripping oil, it was shooting out a glob at random intervals while running. And he said it had a bit of anti-freeze in with it. It would shoot out a glob and wait a bit and then do it again. They shut it off and noticed a green drop of anti-freeze come out. So they started breaking it down and called Kawasaki. Kawasaki said they had never heard of this before, as others have said, there are two seals in there. When they get it open, they said it looks like one fo the seals was "knicked" and not fully round to seal the opening. Which was letting a small amount of antifreeze slip by and a large amount of oil slip by and when pressure built up, it spurted it out...

Guy said he had heard all about the ring problems and all but never seen this. TO make a long story short, Kawsaki is overnighting a set of seals and everything to rebuild the waterpump assembly from California and said it will be ready by 3:00PM tomorrow afternoon or a little later. And he will get me to my ride on Saturday after all... I thanked him very much and told him how much I appreciate them looking into it and trying to get me on teh road quickly.

Might all be good in the end anyway... WOOHOOO!!!
Old 07-23-2009, 01:48 PM   #190
carabnsol

GREAT NEWS Backwoods! Sometimes the wheel just has to get a little squeaky to get some oil.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:40 PM   #191
ninjammin
T-Rexin'

Oddometer: 182
Quote:

A little corporate support could be nice.......
....Brought to you by Carls Jr.
ninjammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:41 AM   #192
redduck124
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 685
Mid-Ohio

I posted some photos of some of the things I saw on my trip to Mid-Ohio Vintage Days (and a side trip to the AMA Museum) if anyone would like to look. Here's the link:

http://www.rickguyphotography.com/ga...2_uVLCj#P-1-15

Keep in mind these were shot with a little idiot camera and not my pro gear so the quality is less than stellar.
'73 Bultaco Sherpa T
redduck124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:01 AM   #193
carabnsol

Great Pictures. I have a warm spot in my heart for those late 60's early 70's Hondas. Also the picture of the Jeremy McGrath statue and the Doug Demokos tribute was cool.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:07 AM   #194
Tray
Yeah right...

Oddometer: 1,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by redduck124
I posted some photos of some of the things I saw on my trip to Mid-Ohio Vintage Days (and a side trip to the AMA Museum) if anyone would like to look. Here's the link:

http://www.rickguyphotography.com/ga...2_uVLCj#P-1-15

Keep in mind these were shot with a little idiot camera and not my pro gear so the quality is less than stellar.
Sheesh... All that cool pro gear and you shoot with a toy...
Tray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:12 AM   #195
redduck124
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tray
Sheesh... All that cool pro gear and you shoot with a toy...
Yea, but carrying all that cool pro gear around for two days wasn't on my list of fun things to do.
'73 Bultaco Sherpa T
redduck124 is offline   Reply With Quote