Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2010, 06:02 AM   #796
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,223
Can you spot what is missing in this blurry blackberry camera shot:

Need a hint? ?

At our next tech day we will be having a special training session on the proper use of the "RESERVE"!!!!
backwoodsKLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:44 AM   #797
dirtberto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
I know this is the wrong place but I wanted to give the mississippi boys first shot. I traded for an 01 drz 400s and I think I'd rather have more of a scrambler type bike. If interested pm me for details.
dirtberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:02 AM   #798
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,223
PAGING EEORE to the Suzuki Yellow Courtesy phone... Paging Eeore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtberto
I know this is the wrong place but I wanted to give the mississippi boys first shot. I traded for an 01 drz 400s and I think I'd rather have more of a scrambler type bike. If interested pm me for details.
backwoodsKLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:11 AM   #799
eatalotapeaches
finding my own way

Oddometer: 1,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtberto
Sounds like you want to swap bikes with RoyQ... He was trying to get rid of a woods machine for a road legal DS.

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. Psalm 143:8
eatalotapeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:22 AM   #800
advfrk
Grateful ADVer

Oddometer: 712
I had to do a water crossing on the way to work this morning.
04 Bandit 1200s When I wanna fly
advfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:06 AM   #801
eatalotapeaches
finding my own way

Oddometer: 1,461
alert from a doctor in Jackson

Just an FYI from one of our residents who also works with Jackson SWAT team and the Federal DEA for those of you in Law Enforcement, EMS, and Fire.

"I thought that I would send out a little info on the "shake and bake" meth labs that we are seeing a huge increase in locally. In the last week we have hit over 3 "labs" and had 1 explosion that occurred in Madison Co (that we were not a part of), not to mention all the others we have found in the last month. (We being myself and narcotics/SWAT)

So here is the difference between the traditional "Nazi method" and the newer "shake and bake method"

A Shake and Bake methamphetamine laboratory actually uses a variation of the lithium ammonia method of production; however, in the shake and bake method, a combination of commonly available chemicals is used to synthesize the anhydrous ammonia essential for methamphetamine production. Cooks using this method are able to produce the drug in approximately 30 minutes at nearly any location or in a car by mixing, or "shaking," ingredients in containers such as a 2-liter plastic soda bottle, as opposed to using other methods that require hours to heat ingredients. Cooks often use this method while traveling in vehicles and dispose of waste components along roadsides. Discarded plastic bottles may carry residual chemicals that can be toxic, explosive, or flammable.

Chemicals used: (in no particular order for you meth heads out there)
fertilizer (white rocks)
Sudafed
Coleman fuel, starter fluid or anything they can get their hands on with acetone
lithium from batteries
100% household lye
water
non-iodized salt
lightning Drano aka "liquid fire"

You could also have emergency road flares, White Gasoline, Phenyl-2-Propane, Cough, Cold & Flu tablets, Energy Boosters, Bronchodialators, Diet Aids, cyanide compounds, mercury, etc. etc. etc. "Heet" is a brand name for a wide variety of automotive products ranging from starter fluid to windshield washer fluid. The "Heet" used in meth production is the automotive product containing ether, (shown above) not the rub for aches and pains.

All articles and guidelines that I have read and all standard procedures include decontaminating any individual involved in a meth lab explosion or a significant exposure. All guidelines also state responders and secondary personnel should be decontaminated depending on the level of exposure. Shake and Bake labs are relatively low exposure and generally require only soap and water decon to the boots of law enforcement personnel (gloves should be worn on scene), however, just from personal experience (and no not from cooking it myself) if they are actively cooking the fumes can and will make you nauseated and get a headache. Standard guidelines report decon should be done for any patient exposed to chemicals on their skin whether it be explosion or spill. Several articles have shown that there has been secondary effects to health care providers and first responders from anhydrous ammonia or other serious chemical exposure as well as a few reported cases of actually shutting ED's down for decon. I know it is a pain and it is an uphill battle, but we should really consider and most likely activate and use our decon/hazmat team prior to bringing the pt into the ED!

Just thought I would let everyone know that this type of meth is on the rise in Jackson and the surrounding area so we may see quite a bit more exposures to the shake and bake method and pts with injuries from explosions since this method is highly volatile."

Be careful out there.
++++++++++++++++++++

I figure since we ride dirt roads in the middle of nowhere, ya'll should be aware. Also keep in mind these tweaker idiots have no problems attacking LEO's much less regular citizens, so if you see something LEAVE!

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. Psalm 143:8
eatalotapeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:39 AM   #802
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,091
I totally agree really strange times right now. You literally cannot trust anyone these days. Tried selling anything on craigslist lately? It is loaded with scumbags. I have two bikes listed and I have all kind of weirdo/liars coming out of the sticks. Had two show up tuesday to look at my dirtbike. I was packing, had my 9mm strapped to my side and it was cocked and loaded. I just do not feel safe anymore towards strangers. They never said a thing about me packing but they did not buy the bike either nor did they come back yesterday like they said they would. Bike is worth it but I suspect they were scoping my place for future shopping. Not going to happen to me twice! I will cap their ass next time around. Fuck the police they are useless these days. My trust in the human race left me last august when my garage was robbed in broad daylight with me there. That won't happen again. I am going to start packing on my bikes as well, to many idiots on the roads these days.

I totally agree drugs and a broken economy are fueling these weird times. I work hard for my shit and I will not be ripped off again. These idiots don't know crazy untill they see me go postal.
WERA Expert #826

RoyQ screwed with this post 01-21-2010 at 12:40 PM
RoyQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:25 PM   #803
redduck124
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 684
Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyQ
These idiots don't know crazy untill they see me go postal.
Go ahead, test ride my bike.
'09 Buell 1125R
'73 Bultaco Sherpa T

redduck124 screwed with this post 12-14-2010 at 12:25 PM
redduck124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:36 PM   #804
wolfy317
Beemer lover

Oddometer: 3,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatalotapeaches
Just an FYI from one of our residents who also works with Jackson SWAT team and the Federal DEA for those of you in Law Enforcement, EMS, and Fire.

"I thought that I would send out a little info on the "shake and bake" meth labs that we are seeing a huge increase in locally. In the last week we have hit over 3 "labs" and had 1 explosion that occurred in Madison Co (that we were not a part of), not to mention all the others we have found in the last month. (We being myself and narcotics/SWAT)

So here is the difference between the traditional "Nazi method" and the newer "shake and bake method"

A Shake and Bake methamphetamine laboratory actually uses a variation of the lithium ammonia method of production; however, in the shake and bake method, a combination of commonly available chemicals is used to synthesize the anhydrous ammonia essential for methamphetamine production. Cooks using this method are able to produce the drug in approximately 30 minutes at nearly any location or in a car by mixing, or "shaking," ingredients in containers such as a 2-liter plastic soda bottle, as opposed to using other methods that require hours to heat ingredients. Cooks often use this method while traveling in vehicles and dispose of waste components along roadsides. Discarded plastic bottles may carry residual chemicals that can be toxic, explosive, or flammable.

Chemicals used: (in no particular order for you meth heads out there)
fertilizer (white rocks)
Sudafed
Coleman fuel, starter fluid or anything they can get their hands on with acetone
lithium from batteries
100% household lye
water
non-iodized salt
lightning Drano aka "liquid fire"

You could also have emergency road flares, White Gasoline, Phenyl-2-Propane, Cough, Cold & Flu tablets, Energy Boosters, Bronchodialators, Diet Aids, cyanide compounds, mercury, etc. etc. etc. "Heet" is a brand name for a wide variety of automotive products ranging from starter fluid to windshield washer fluid. The "Heet" used in meth production is the automotive product containing ether, (shown above) not the rub for aches and pains.

All articles and guidelines that I have read and all standard procedures include decontaminating any individual involved in a meth lab explosion or a significant exposure. All guidelines also state responders and secondary personnel should be decontaminated depending on the level of exposure. Shake and Bake labs are relatively low exposure and generally require only soap and water decon to the boots of law enforcement personnel (gloves should be worn on scene), however, just from personal experience (and no not from cooking it myself) if they are actively cooking the fumes can and will make you nauseated and get a headache. Standard guidelines report decon should be done for any patient exposed to chemicals on their skin whether it be explosion or spill. Several articles have shown that there has been secondary effects to health care providers and first responders from anhydrous ammonia or other serious chemical exposure as well as a few reported cases of actually shutting ED's down for decon. I know it is a pain and it is an uphill battle, but we should really consider and most likely activate and use our decon/hazmat team prior to bringing the pt into the ED!

Just thought I would let everyone know that this type of meth is on the rise in Jackson and the surrounding area so we may see quite a bit more exposures to the shake and bake method and pts with injuries from explosions since this method is highly volatile."

Be careful out there.
++++++++++++++++++++

I figure since we ride dirt roads in the middle of nowhere, ya'll should be aware. Also keep in mind these tweaker idiots have no problems attacking LEO's much less regular citizens, so if you see something LEAVE!

We've actually noticed this starting up as well. Even had an explosion a month or two ago. I'm glad I decided to stick to dispatch (until school's done) and not go to road duty. We've also had a MASSIVE increase in auto burglary (stolen radios and stuff out of cars), and Home Invasion/Break Ins. People have no money, and are resorting to craziness!!

'71 BMW R75/5 | 06 BMW K1200R
wolfy317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:53 PM   #805
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less

Oddometer: 5,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy317
We've actually noticed this starting up as well. Even had an explosion a month or two ago. I'm glad I decided to stick to dispatch (until school's done) and not go to road duty. We've also had a MASSIVE increase in auto burglary (stolen radios and stuff out of cars), and Home Invasion/Break Ins. People have no money, and are resorting to craziness!!
It's about to get worse in Starkpatch. Sitel is laying off a bunch of folks in the next few months.

I just sold my old truck and made it a point to never have anybody to my house to look at it. We always met at a neutral location.
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:02 PM   #806
Cliff-77
Lost Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,067
Thanks for the meth.update Peaches,that's another reason i'm a retired Jackson fireman,it was pretty bad 8yrs ago before i left.Alot goes on that don't get on the news too,because there's so much,Jackson looks bad enough.Cliff.
Cliff-77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:10 PM   #807
evilbollweevil
HDkila

Oddometer: 1,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticyclone
It's about to get worse in Starkpatch. Sitel is laying off a bunch of folks in the next few months.

I just sold my old truck and made it a point to never have anybody to my house to look at it. We always met at a neutral location.
Absolutely!!! It's stupid to let them come to your house and see everything you have and whether or not you have a dog etc. etc. I always meet at a gas station or parking lot or somethin or have them meet you at your work on lunch... Anything but come to your house

Life has a smell that the protected and sheltered will never know...
evilbollweevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:33 PM   #808
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbollweevil
Absolutely!!! It's stupid to let them come to your house and see everything you have and whether or not you have a dog etc. etc. I always meet at a gas station or parking lot or somethin or have them meet you at your work on lunch... Anything but come to your house
That is not always possible when selling a non street legal dirtbike I am not about to haul that damn thing down the road. And even doing that you could be knocked in the head in a public parking lot, truck, bike and your wallet taken. sorry that is the POS world we live in today.

Let's put it this way my house is wired, my wife is here 90% of the day locked down and I am here the the other 10% itching to shoot a POS criminal minded individual. I have resorted to showing things on the driveway, garage door DOWN! The more you have the more target you are right now. I used to be a guy who would give you a the shirt off my back, Not anymore, more like a kick in the ass or sling a piece of lead at you with the drop of a hat. This happens when a POS violates your space.

BTW they are selling neat cameras at Harbor Freight that pipe the image directly to a TV monitor. Cheap at $40 bucks.
WERA Expert #826
RoyQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:07 PM   #809
wolfy317
Beemer lover

Oddometer: 3,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyQ
That is not always possible when selling a non street legal dirtbike I am not about to haul that damn thing down the road. And even doing that you could be knocked in the head in a public parking lot, truck, bike and your wallet taken. sorry that is the POS world we live in today.

Let's put it this way my house is wired, my wife is here 90% of the day locked down and I am here the the other 10% itching to shoot a POS criminal minded individual. I have resorted to showing things on the driveway, garage door DOWN! The more you have the more target you are right now. I used to be a guy who would give you a the shirt off my back, Not anymore, more like a kick in the ass or sling a piece of lead at you with the drop of a hat. This happens when a POS violates your space.

BTW they are selling neat cameras at Harbor Freight that pipe the image directly to a TV monitor. Cheap at $40 bucks.

I used to run a home based recording studio out of my house (years back), and had an acquaintance that did the same thing. Some of his clients robbed him. I shut my studio down the next day. Lost some decent monthly income, but I ain't about to make an easy target!

'71 BMW R75/5 | 06 BMW K1200R
wolfy317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:06 PM   #810
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy

Oddometer: 5,505
Don't give into the fear. Keep on living, loving, and laughing.