Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2010, 02:48 PM   #826
jeffrides
mid aged youngun

Oddometer: 161
kev, don't know all the facts on the rings ,valves just yet. we are checking bore and pistons asap. i'm guessing heat warped the valves at this point. maybe the motor seized and made some contact, butt the tops of pistons don't show much,if any contact.
the bore may be out of round, will keep you posted.
backin da woods, the links look good, price is right. go get em!
i remeber roy's dad making his. shoulda made a bunch....
see ya'll soon
jeffrides/wrenches
was fixin a harley this afternoon, instead of riding.
jeffrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:39 PM   #827
eeore39648 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,998
Did you get the nuts loosened? LOL
Sounds like I need to stop by Peaches, and lend a hand, if not just catch up!
eeore39648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:21 PM   #828
evilbollweevil
HDkila

Oddometer: 1,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrides
kev, don't know all the facts on the rings ,valves just yet. we are checking bore and pistons asap. i'm guessing heat warped the valves at this point. maybe the motor seized and made some contact, butt the tops of pistons don't show much,if any contact.
the bore may be out of round, will keep you posted.
backin da woods, the links look good, price is right. go get em!
i remeber roy's dad making his. shoulda made a bunch....
see ya'll soon
jeffrides/wrenches
was fixin a harley this afternoon, instead of riding.
Hey jeff i have not followed this from the beginning but warped valves can also be from a timing chain or belt issue... just a thought

Life has a smell that the protected and sheltered will never know...
evilbollweevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:48 PM   #829
eatalotapeaches
finding my own way

Oddometer: 1,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbollweevil
Hey jeff i have not followed this from the beginning but warped valves can also be from a timing chain or belt issue... just a thought
I got a hole in the radiator on a trip and had to continue riding the bike a short distance. The motor may or may not have overheated. That's about the sum of it. Now we are rebuilding it. As far as current details, I'll leave those up to jeff, since he knows more about engines than me. And for everyone that is curious, my nuts are not too tight and right where they belong.

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. Psalm 143:8

eatalotapeaches screwed with this post 01-22-2010 at 09:07 PM
eatalotapeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:42 PM   #830
evilbollweevil
HDkila

Oddometer: 1,071
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatalotapeaches
I got a hole in the radiator on a trip and had to continue riding the bike a short distance. The motor may or may not have overheated. That's about the sum of it. Now we are rebuilding it. As far as current details, I'll leave those up to jeff, since he knows more about engines than me. And for everyone that is curious, my nuts are not too tight and right where they belong.
Got it, thanks for the info just dont let Gordy pull one on you or "pull on you"

Life has a smell that the protected and sheltered will never know...
evilbollweevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:30 PM   #831
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy

Oddometer: 5,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatalotapeaches
And for everyone that is curious, my nuts are not too tight and right where they belong.
Jena's purse???

Old 01-22-2010, 11:48 PM   #832
eatalotapeaches
finding my own way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy1298
Jena's purse???

She can keep them wherever she likes, as long as I get to ride my motorsickle when and where I want.

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. Psalm 143:8
Old 01-23-2010, 12:14 PM   #833
jeffrides
mid aged youngun

ok folks ,the tigger motor is apart. peaches is in good shape . the air impact was the trick to loosen daniel's clutch basket for high torque..
the innards look good visually, gonna have machinist buddy of mine check things with a micrometer next week. so far ,they told me a couple bent valves. haven't seen the head apart.
should have him rollin soon as parts get ordered and installed. been an interesting project so far.
jeffwrenchs
craftsman,snap-on,bfh!
Old 01-23-2010, 06:12 PM   #834
eeore39648 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
ok folks ,the tigger motor is apart. peaches is in good shape . the air impact was the trick to loosen daniel's clutch basket for high torque..
the innards look good visually, gonna have machinist buddy of mine check things with a micrometer next week. so far ,they told me a couple bent valves. haven't seen the head apart.
should have him rollin soon as parts get ordered and installed. been an interesting project so far.
jeffwrenchs
craftsman,snap-on,bfh!
Well alrighty then!
Roll on, can't wait to see the Tiger runnin' again.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:48 PM   #835
advfrk
Grateful ADVer

Oddometer: 712
Who wants to ride Sunday mid day or whenever? I wqas thinking of taking the long way to V'burg.
04 Bandit 1200s When I wanna fly
advfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:26 PM   #836
eatalotapeaches
finding my own way

Quote:
jeffwrenchs
craftsman,snap-on,bfh!
In case you haven't heard me say it enough, thanks a ton for your help (AKA me watching you work and asking tons of questions...). I never would have the guts to tear into an engine without the the guidance of a much wiser one.

soon to be

Old 01-23-2010, 08:48 PM   #837
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy

Oddometer: 5,511
Quote:
jeffwrenchs
craftsman,snap-on,bfh!
You're a good man Jeff. I don't care what anyone (everyone) else says.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:10 AM   #838
eeore39648 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
jeffwrenchs
craftsman,snap-on,bfh!
I agree with Trophy!
One thing is for sure as long as Peaches and Advfrk, are riding, you will be busy. One day they will share their knowledge, experiences, etc with other young riders, as you are doing now.
Jeffrides keeps, the Adventure rollin'!
Old 01-24-2010, 07:20 AM   #839
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeore39648
I agree with Trophy!
One thing is for sure as long as Peaches and Advfrk, are riding, you will be busy. One day they will share their knowledge, experiences, etc with other young riders, as you are doing now.
Jeffrides keeps, the Adventure rollin'!
+1kajillion! We are blessed with some very knowledgeable riders around who love to share the passion of riding and there many experiences and help
!

backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:24 AM   #840
jeffrides
mid aged youngun

well, thanks for the kind words. i had many good teachers in my youth that shared time for me. i am paying them back.
plus wrenchin is just as much enjoyment for me as riding. i have restored a few bikes,several old cars, hot rods, even helped build an airplane ,years ago. i like a challenge of fixin old toys.
butt, how about riding a few miles today? i see deadhead wants to,anyone else?
jeff