Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2010, 04:53 AM   #826
eeore39648 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,940
The time we live in is difficult, with no end in sight. Glad you all shared your stories here. Something to think about when selling something.
eeore39648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:33 AM   #827
wolfy317
Beemer lover

Oddometer: 3,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeore39648
The time we live in is difficult, with no end in sight. Glad you all shared your stories here. Something to think about when selling something.
I feel the need to mention that I didn't close down the studio completely, just the home based operation :P

I still did/do the odd on location job. Eventually, I hope to get an actual business going.

'71 BMW R75/5 | 06 BMW K1200R
wolfy317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:38 AM   #828
1life1ride
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrides
hey guys, do any of ya'll have a 1/2 " impact gun?? i need to loosen some nuts on a broken tiger...
if you do, please let me or peaches know. his nuts are tight,,, on the the bike!
thanks, jeffrides
Got a Elec. one if needed Just let me know ....
1life1ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:46 AM   #829
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,266
FYI - Roy made a separate thread for tonight's RTE. So check there for any updates, etc...

AS far as I know, we are still meeting at the Trace visitors place / log cabin between the Trace and Rice Road, just off Highway 51 in Ridgeland and ready to roll out as close to 5:30 as we can be...

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=543695
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:01 AM   #830
jeffrides
mid aged youngun

Oddometer: 161
hey trophy, when peaches wakes up around noon,,,,i'll let him know you got the equipment .
thanks guys for all the quik responses. we gonna get that tigger fixed soon. so far,found bent valves,burnt rings, no bad damage from overheating.
jeffrides to work
jeffrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:13 AM   #831
1life1ride
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
Cool ....
If yall need someone to sit around and watch ... I'm in
1life1ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:22 AM   #832
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy

Oddometer: 5,505
Quote:
hey trophy, when peaches wakes up around noon,,,,i'll let him know you got the equipment .
thanks guys for all the quik responses. we gonna get that tigger fixed soon. so far,found bent valves,burnt rings, no bad damage from overheating.
jeffrides to work
Daniel is hell on a bike. I'll be talking with him after hw wakes up this afternoon. I'll lend a hand in the tear down and rebuild process if a couple more hands are needed.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:27 AM   #833
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelpony
Cool ....
If yall need someone to sit around and watch ... I'm in
Hey count me in too I love wattching others work

Seriously I can help if needed.
WERA Expert #826
RoyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:29 AM   #834
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyQ
Hey count me in too I love wattching others work

Seriously I can help if needed.
I had fun watching last night on my night ride... Peaches, if we get too many helping hands and watching eyes, you're going to have to put in a mini-fridge!!!
Old 01-22-2010, 06:37 AM   #835
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
jeffrides to work

Hey, Jeff...

This is the place with the KLR650 raising links Peaches and I were talking about last night that I am considering for my bike to help haul my fat butt around... What do you think?

http://burkhartcycle.com/store/index...&products_id=7
Old 01-22-2010, 06:43 AM   #836
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR
Hey, Jeff...

This is the place with the KLR650 raising links Peaches and I were talking about last night that I am considering for my bike to help haul my fat butt around... What do you think?

http://burkhartcycle.com/store/index...&products_id=7
I ain't Jeff but my two cents is do it BW. I raised both my V-Stroms and it was an excellent move. I did mine by trial (home made links) and error since at the time I had access to a machine shop through my Dad before he retired. 5mm down there at the links does alot at the seat height.
WERA Expert #826
RoyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:53 AM   #837
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyQ
I ain't Jeff but my two cents is do it BW. I raised both my V-Stroms and it was an excellent move. I did mine by trial (home made links) and error since at the time I had access to a machine shop through my Dad before he retired. 5mm down there at the links does alot at the seat height.
I emailed Eagle Mike, the KLR Guru, and never heard back. He did answer some questions on the other forum though. But his website wants $69.99 for a set of his 1" raising links and and the link I posted above wants $22... Being a cheap KLR rider, I just wanted to see if anyone had heard of this other company or knew anything about the links...
Old 01-22-2010, 07:35 AM   #838
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Just got this in an email and had to share....

Quote:
Johnstown, PA (GlossyNews) – Local and state police scoured the hills outside rural Johnstown, Pennsylvania, after reports of three animal rights activists going missing after attempting to protest the wearing of leather at a large motorcycle gang rally this weekend. Two others, previously reported missing, were discovered by fast food workers “duct taped inside several fast food restaurant dumpsters,” according to police officials.

“Something just went wrong,” said a still visibly shaken organizer of the protest. “Something just went horribly, horribly, wrong.”

The organizer said a group of concerned animal rights activist groups, “growing tired of throwing fake blood and shouting profanities at older women wearing leather or fur coats,” decided to protest the annual motorcycle club event “in a hope to show them our outrage at their wanton use of leather in their clothing and motor bike seats.” “In fact,” said the organizer, “motorcycle gangs are one of the biggest abusers of wearing leather, and we decided it was high time that we let them know that we disagree with them using it…ergo, they should stop.”

According to witnesses, protesters arrived at the event in a vintage 1960’s era Volkswagen van and began to pelt the gang members with balloons filled with red colored water, simulating blood, and shouting “you’re murderers” to passers by. This, evidently, is when the brouhaha began.

“They peed on me!!!” charged one activist. “They grabbed me, said I looked like I was French, started calling me ‘La Trene’, and duct taped me to a tree so they could pee on me all day!”

“I…I was trying to show my outrage at a man with a heavy leather jacket, and he…he didn’t even care. I called him a murderer, and all he said was, ‘You can’t prove that.’ Next thing I know he forced me to ride on the back of his motorcycle all day, and would not let me off, because his girl friend was out of town and I was almost a woman.”

Still others claimed they were forced to eat hamburgers and hot dogs under duress. Those who resisted were allegedly held down while several bikers “farted on their heads.”

Police officials declined comments on any leads or arrests due to the ongoing nature of the investigation, however, organizers for the motorcycle club rally expressed “surprise” at the allegations..

“That’s preposterous,” said one high-ranking member of the biker organizing committee. “We were having a party, and these people showed up and were very rude to us. They threw things at us, called us names, and tried to ruin the entire event. So, what did we do? We invited them to the party! What could be more friendly than that? You know, just because we are all members of motorcycle clubs does not mean we do not care about inclusiveness. Personally, I think it shows a lack of character for them to be saying such nasty things about us after we bent over backwards to make them feel welcome.”

When confronted with the allegations of force-feeding the activists meat, using them as ad hoc latrines, leaving them incapacitated in fast food restaurant dumpsters, and ‘farting on their heads,’ the organizer declined to comment in detail. “That’s just our secret handshake,” assured the organizer.
Of course it is made up, but it is funny...

backwoodsKLR screwed with this post 01-22-2010 at 08:00 AM
Old 01-22-2010, 08:40 AM   #839
MSrider
Rebel with a sixfiddy

Oddometer: 4,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR
Just got this in an email and had to share....

Of course it is made up, but it is funny...
Saw that the other day. funny.

MSrider screwed with this post 01-22-2010 at 08:46 AM
MSrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:45 AM   #840
MSrider
Rebel with a sixfiddy

Oddometer: 4,271
Quote:
jeffrides to work
Did you figure out how the valves got bent? I didn't see any burnt rings when I looked at it. The ones I saw still had good tension, not saying I would use them.