Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2010, 08:59 AM   #871
Supahflid
Wheelieless

Oddometer: 3,652
Surely there is a compromise? Couldn't you just get her a sports car or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arden Barnett
I know this is the last place i will find comfort and support but I have been issued somewhat of an ultimatum in regards to my bike. It is a lot like that bud lite commercial. I am being asked by my wife;

Me or the chickens?

Me or the tools & workshop?

Me or the KLR?

Uuummmmm....

I will have a listing later today/tonight with details & farkle list and price.
It is a 2008 KLR650 Blue in color
9K miles
Schnitz racing 685 big bore kit
and a long, long list of goods.
I wanted to give the locals first avail...

I will also give you my wife's phone and email address if you would like to conduct business. Venting..... no way. We talk later.
Supahflid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:01 AM   #872
eatalotapeaches
finding my own way

Oddometer: 1,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by supahflid
What's that? I can't hear you over that jet turbine sound coming from your bike.
Look who crawled out of the woods! When you gonna put down the gun and ride with us again?

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. Psalm 143:8
eatalotapeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:06 AM   #873
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatalotapeaches
Look who crawled out of the woods! When you gonna put down the gun and ride with us again?
If he gets in on some of these local tags, he might want to keep the gun and just get on the bike!!!

backwoodsKLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:16 AM   #874
Cliff-77
Lost Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,067
A.B.ultamatum

Price it high so it won't sell,ride it,things tend to change with women from day to day,or hr.to hr.Will pray for you,good luck.
Cliff-77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:29 AM   #875
Arden Barnett
Will Ride For Food

Oddometer: 172
By the way

This one is for sale also. 2005 Honda CRF50F $600.00 Make that $6,000.00 (thanks for the advice Cliff-77)
Arden Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:00 PM   #876
jeffrides
mid aged youngun

Oddometer: 161
arden, here's a better solution. i'll buy them for $1 each, store them in the shed, keep the battery charged, crank it from time to time. and promise , no riding. you can come get em whenever you have time.
i went thru this with old hotrods and a pretty young wife. she hated all the toys i had built with my own hands. sold em one by one, bought silk dresses and fancy hairdo's, 2 kids ,3 houses, and her 3 new cars... she now is married to some other guy named jeff, in south florida.
the cars would easily be worth $300,000,,if i still had em :<((((
now , wanna sell?
jeffrides
an old klr
not pretty, cheap fun!
jeffrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:46 PM   #877
puttputtcharles
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
I know this is the last place i will find comfort and support but I have been issued somewhat of an ultimatum in regards to my bike.

9K miles
That is quite the dilemma. I feel your pain. I have been thinking of selling the KLR to make room for other toys and hobbys. Does anyone have interest in a 2002 KLR with 19K on the odo. It has a Corbin seat, aluminum luggage, and a few other farkles.
puttputtcharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:59 PM   #878
eatalotapeaches
finding my own way

Anybody need a 1950 Bentley?
http://jackson.craigslist.org/bar/1570328689.html
Might be a interesting project car.

Charles, check your pm's

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. Psalm 143:8
Old 01-26-2010, 02:04 PM   #879
eatalotapeaches
finding my own way

Quote:
I know this is the last place i will find comfort and support but I have been issued somewhat of an ultimatum in regards to my bike. It is a lot like that bud lite commercial. I am being asked by my wife;

Me or the chickens?

Me or the tools & workshop?

Me or the KLR?

Uuummmmm....

9K miles

I will also give you my wife's phone and email address if you would like to conduct business. Venting..... no way. We talk later.

Arden, with the engine upgrade and farkles I think $7-8 k is a good starting point for resale... Let me know if you need a couch to sleep on. I have the keys to the new unofficial ADV tech day hangout /shop. 2,000 sq. ft. heat, a/c, office space, countertops, 1/2 bath.

As for any of you other FF's your welcome to borrow some tech space, just bring some beer to share.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:07 PM   #880
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Arden, with the engine upgrade and farkles I think $7-8 k is a good starting point for resale... Let me know if you need a couch to sleep on. I have the keys to the new unofficial ADV tech day hangout /shop. 2,000 sq. ft. heat, a/c, office space, countertops, 1/2 bath.

As for any of you other FF's your welcome to borrow some tech space, just bring some beer to share.
Let's hurry up and get that Tiger off the workbench before my raising links come in...

Old 01-26-2010, 02:09 PM   #881
Arden Barnett
Will Ride For Food

Thanks peaches. As usual Matthew provides the comfort; and the rest of you are in favor of escalation.....
Old 01-26-2010, 02:16 PM   #882
eatalotapeaches
finding my own way

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR
Let's hurry up and get that Tiger off the workbench before my raising links come in...
There are about 20 more pallets out back, I can make a second / third "work table" in about 30 seconds. You will need to supply a flat surface for the centerstand... Let me know when the parts arrive.

Jason is chomping to get his sprockets and chain on as well.

PS You rode past me at the Blue Moon Cafe today. I woulda given you "the salute" had you noticed me.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:17 PM   #883
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Thanks peaches. As usual Matthew provides the comfort; and the rest of you are in favor of escalation.....
Arden, sorry to hear about your situation, but I've been divorced for over 12 years now, so I don't feel qualified to offer advice. AS Jeff told me Friday night, you can tell I'm divorced cause I got a boat, a truck, a 4-wheeler AND a motorcycle!! I hope you can find a solution that is agreeable to both parties!

Old 01-26-2010, 02:23 PM   #884
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
There are about 20 more pallets out back, I can make a second / third "work table" in about 30 seconds. You will need to supply a flat surface for the centerstand... Let me know when the parts arrive.

Jason is chomping to get his sprockets and chain on as well.

PS You rode past me at the Blue Moon Cafe today. I woulda given you "the salute" had you noticed me.
I actually drove the truck to work since I was running late, then my daughter called sick from school so I went and took her home and then jumped on the bike for the return trip. I was watching them crazy cage drivers on Jackson street!!!

Old 01-26-2010, 02:45 PM   #885
Arden Barnett
Will Ride For Food

Backwoods, I saw you yesterday morning when I was turning onto Commerce Park; you were hemmed up in the traffic snake on Jackson Ave. Noticed those new knobby tires.... then I did not sleep last night filled with the desire to go riding (it's all your fault). My wife obviously felt my angst because she woke at 3:00 am to tell me that she could not sleep because I had not sold the bike.

Arden Barnett screwed with this post 01-26-2010 at 04:07 PM