Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2010, 06:00 AM   #901
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arden Barnett
Woke up this morning after being pissed for a few days. It never fails but I am one who cannot stay mad or hold a grudge. So I gave my wife a big hug, a kiss and told her I Love You and then... she said" I was wrong, you can keep the bike". Damn. It was a dream.

Actually, I did all the above and was met with, I know your sad but there are many years ahead and right now it is was it is. We pay off ALL our debt then start over. Life's a bitch. Then you get a new bike.

See you guys on the Trace but this time I'll be on my Trek 5900. If y'all need any tools or a bike lift feel free to ask and i will gladly share. I have Doohickey tools if anyone needs. Backwoods, do the doo...

As far as the tank and fender bag let me fight this first loss and I will get a $ amount together for the lot. By the way I will offer a $211.21 discount to a Jackson resident the bike.

I am about to order the doo parts. Don't let the doo tools go. I might buy them and make them part of the "Peaches Garage ADV Loaner Tool Program"....
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:23 AM   #902
jeffrides
mid aged youngun

Oddometer: 161
BW, i've had the tools for years. changed several, found a couple of broke ones. when ever you need em....
jeffhastools
jeffrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:49 AM   #903
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrides
BW, i've had the tools for years. changed several, found a couple of broke ones. when ever you need em....
jeffhastools
Cool! I have a few things I'm trying to get out of the way, while y'all finish up Tiger, but after that I can have plenty of wrenching lined up to give us an excuse to hang out at "the Shop"...

edwinhasbrokentoysthatneedfixin
Old 01-27-2010, 07:20 AM   #904
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,108
Jeff, when you get finished with the Tiger maybe we can add a Supercharger to the B-King. I need more power can't keep the front wheel up past 4th gear. Too much weight on the thing so more HP is needed. Didn't think I would ever say that about a Busa engine.
WERA Expert #826
RoyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:53 AM   #905
eatalotapeaches
finding my own way

Oddometer: 1,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeore39648
BackwoodsKLR? AVDFRK? Jeffrides? Trophy1298?
Sounds like, it could be any one of these, characters!
Close but no. I don't want to name any names but his name sounds like "driver" but he hails from OUR state... also he is a fan of the shady kinda bookstores if you know what I mean.

AntiC- The shop is my work in Pearl. We have about 1,000 sq. ft. indoors with thermostat that is not used. The tech day may be soon. Shot me a text when you get a chance. I'm also curious what all your DRZ got.

Arden- If i run across anyone looking I'll point them toward you. You still have my phone number as well.

BW- the shop is big enough to have 3-4 bikes up on stands at a time. Speak up when dodads, thinga jigs, and thermabobles arrive.

Roy- what else is there to say?

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. Psalm 143:8
eatalotapeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:31 AM   #906
MSrider
Rebel with a sixfiddy

Oddometer: 4,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeore39648
BackwoodsKLR? AVDFRK? Jeffrides? Trophy1298?
Sounds like, it could be any one of these, crackers!
Fixt.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:47 AM   #907
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSrider
Fixt.
My cracker boots are a size 12, so I'm out of the competition... Could it have been someone whose username could be a young, unmarried, female person with the surname "Rider"? ?
Old 01-27-2010, 12:55 PM   #908
MSrider
Rebel with a sixfiddy

Oddometer: 4,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR
My cracker boots are a size 12, so I'm out of the competition... Could it have been someone whose username could be a young, unmarried, female person with the surname "Rider"? ?
Cracker boots... He said cracker boots

Mine are size 13 , and they weren't muddy yesterday. At least I didn't find any mud inside Hooters yesterday.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:59 PM   #909
OBHoodlum
Lost

Oddometer: 82
If yall get a tech day together, I would like to ride down and do the doo on my scoot, if ya don't mind. I don't have the 007 top secrete xt 1000 doomaflocthy tool.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:13 PM   #910
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy

Oddometer: 5,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arden Barnett
Woke up this morning after being pissed for a few days. It never fails but I am one who cannot stay mad or hold a grudge. So I gave my wife a big hug, a kiss and told her I Love You and then... she said" I was wrong, you can keep the bike". Damn. It was a dream.

Actually, I did all the above and was met with, I know your sad but there are many years ahead and right now it is was it is. We pay off ALL our debt then start over. Life's a bitch. Then you get a new bike.

See you guys on the Trace but this time I'll be on my Trek 5900. If y'all need any tools or a bike lift feel free to ask and i will gladly share. I have Doohickey tools if anyone needs. Backwoods, do the doo...

As far as the tank and fender bag let me fight this first loss and I will get a $ amount together for the lot. By the way I will offer a $211.21 discount to a Jackson resident the bike.
You are a good man Arden. If you ever need to borrow the BMW for a day of sanity, give me a holler. It may not be as mean as your built KLR, but it's two wheels.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:20 PM   #911
jeffrides
mid aged youngun

roy, how about some nitrous? you can wheelie and burn thru $300 back tires in about ,oh 5 minutes .... butt, if supercharger is what you want..
order one! we'll figger out how to put it on...
BW, whenever you wanna, or we get a chance. the suzuki boys have been keeping me busy.
the gentleman from olive branch, get the parts, bring ribs and come on down sometime.
jeffrides
Old 01-27-2010, 08:41 PM   #912
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy

Oddometer: 5,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrides
roy, how about some nitrous? you can wheelie and burn thru $300 back tires in about ,oh 5 minutes .... butt, if supercharger is what you want..
order one! we'll figger out how to put it on...
BW, whenever you wanna, or we get a chance. the suzuki boys have been keeping me busy.
the gentleman from olive branch, get the parts, bring ribs and come on down sometime.
jeffrides
I'm sure a fifth gear wheelie will help in the deer avoidance game.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:53 PM   #913
redduck124
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 684
Sunday Off-Roading

Barring bad weather or unforeseen circumstances, myself and a couple other washed-up dirt bike riders, along with two dangerously inexperienced and hormone-filled teenagers, are thinking about riding at the Ruby Ridge MX track near Sand Hill Sunday afternoon.
(http://www.rubyridgemx.com/index.html) Just wanted to see if anyone else on the board might like to come out and play on a track or just laugh at those of us old farts that do.
'09 Buell 1125R
'73 Bultaco Sherpa T
redduck124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:20 PM   #914
jeffrides
mid aged youngun

sounds like fun, esp. the laughin part. do we need to bring bandaids?
jg
ride,eat, repeat!
Old 01-27-2010, 09:40 PM   #915
Cliff-77
Lost Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,067
Motorman

Hay Jeffro,you boys ever get that Trumphet running again?
Cliff-77 is offline   Reply With Quote