ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #11926
Supahflid
Wheelieless
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Brandon, MS
Oddometer: 3,622
I have (scavanged) a route I am planning on riding towards Bienville and beyond. You could jump out any time you wanted.

Supahflid screwed with this post 02-01-2013 at 07:33 PM
Supahflid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #11927
babarnette
Studly Adventurer
 
babarnette's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Brandon, MS (On The Rez)
Oddometer: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
Try this...

View Dual-Sport Reservoir Loop in a larger map

Or This: http://goo.gl/maps/mdceH

Local loop of gravel and pavement that loops around the rez... Red roads are unpaved.
Hey BW, do you know of a way I could download this into my iPhone to get turn by turn directions?
babarnette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #11928
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by babarnette View Post
Hey BW, do you know of a way I could download this into my iPhone to get turn by turn directions?
Not off the top of my head. Apple and google don't play we'll on their maps. Tried it on my iPad and couldn't do it but did on android.
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:35 PM   #11929
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less
 
Anticyclone's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Columbus, MS
Oddometer: 5,305
Any recommendations on a gun shop in the Jackson metro area?
__________________
Later,
Michael
"If I can't pass at a reasonable speed I do it unreasonably." - jdmetzger
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:51 PM   #11930
CrashDummy
Beastly Adventurer
 
CrashDummy's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Madison, MS
Oddometer: 1,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticyclone View Post
Any recommendations on a gun shop in the Jackson metro area?
Like, one that isn't out of everything?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by garandman
If you posted a thread on Face Plant that you crashed because an eagle attacked your helmet, you'd get five people saying how you should know better than to paint your helmet _________ and another five who will suggest you should have taken the MSF Eagle Avoidance course. Then another five will say the Eagle Avoidance Course sucks....
CrashDummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #11931
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less
 
Anticyclone's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Columbus, MS
Oddometer: 5,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashDummy View Post
Like, one that isn't out of everything?
No, just one that isn't out of the thing I want .
__________________
Later,
Michael
"If I can't pass at a reasonable speed I do it unreasonably." - jdmetzger
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #11932
BradH
Gnarly Adventurer
 
BradH's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Brandon/Port Gibson, MS
Oddometer: 272
Depending on what you want, it's more likely that the distributor is out.... And they all basically use the same ones. I can PM you a number of a good friend of mine that's a dealer and if it's available he can order it for you... I used to have my FFL and still have access to most of the distributor websites if you want me to look and see. PM me.
BradH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #11933
BradH
Gnarly Adventurer
 
BradH's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Brandon/Port Gibson, MS
Oddometer: 272
I have an idea for a new game... I like the Blues and I love the history. I'm sure y'all are familiar with the MS Blues Trail. I've seen a few TOR pics in front of markers. How about we try and see if we can get a pic in front of every one of the markers? There's is a MS Blues Trail app available for apple products that will give you a map and information on each one. It will also sort them by distance based on your current location. If its something that gets some interest, I can start a new thread. Whatcha think?


Edit: According to http://www.msbluestrail.org/ there is an app for Android too.

BradH screwed with this post 02-02-2013 at 04:20 PM
BradH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #11934
babarnette
Studly Adventurer
 
babarnette's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Brandon, MS (On The Rez)
Oddometer: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
Try this...

View Dual-Sport Reservoir Loop in a larger map

Or This: http://goo.gl/maps/mdceH

Local loop of gravel and pavement that loops around the rez... Red roads are unpaved.
I rode about half of this loop after I finished my shoot today. I really liked it. Maybe we can get a group together to ride one day soon. Not Saturday though, I'm tied up on Saturday mornings - afternoons for the foreseeable future.
babarnette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:28 AM   #11935
BradH
Gnarly Adventurer
 
BradH's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Brandon/Port Gibson, MS
Oddometer: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by babarnette View Post
I rode about half of this loop after I finished my shoot today. I really liked it. Maybe we can get a group together to ride one day soon. Not Saturday though, I'm tied up on Saturday mornings - afternoons for the foreseeable future.
I rode most of it too. Wasn't bad!
BradH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:10 AM   #11936
stewarrd
JHF
 
stewarrd's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Summit, Ms Area
Oddometer: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradH View Post
I have an idea for a new game... I like the Blues and I love the history. I'm sure y'all are familiar with the MS Blues Trail. I've seen a few TOR pics in front of markers. How about we try and see if we can get a pic in front of every one of the markers? There's is a MS Blues Trail app available for apple products that will give you a map and information on each one. It will also sort them by distance based on your current location. If its something that gets some interest, I can start a new thread. Whatcha think?


Edit: According to http://www.msbluestrail.org/ there is an app for Android too.
Love the Blues myself!! IM IN!!
__________________
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 XC and 2014 KTM 500 EXC
2011 Harely Davidson Road Glide Ultra CVO
1985 HD Ironhead
1975 Honda CB 750
2005 Kawasaki KDX220R and 1990 Honda CT 70
stewarrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:58 AM   #11937
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,321
Which of these is not like the others

backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:42 AM   #11938
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy
 
Trophy1298's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: THE SOUTH
Oddometer: 5,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
Which of these is not like the others

White utility truck?
__________________
I'll be back....
Trophy1298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:55 AM   #11939
stewarrd
JHF
 
stewarrd's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Summit, Ms Area
Oddometer: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy1298 View Post
White utility truck?
I vote BOAT
__________________
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 XC and 2014 KTM 500 EXC
2011 Harely Davidson Road Glide Ultra CVO
1985 HD Ironhead
1975 Honda CB 750
2005 Kawasaki KDX220R and 1990 Honda CT 70
stewarrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:59 AM   #11940
BradH
Gnarly Adventurer
 
BradH's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Brandon/Port Gibson, MS
Oddometer: 272
That's funny right there. Wish I could have seen him wedging that Honda in there and the looks on the faces of the other owners. Lol
BradH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014