Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2009, 07:01 AM   #151
humvee
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oznay
Izzat chip truck still parked downtown Kenora? Was thinkin'bout takin'a ride'round the lake and goin'for some chips...
Yep, It was still there when I went through 3 weeks ago.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:51 PM   #152
calan818
The CarMexican

Oddometer: 1,216
Carman Rosesile Ride

Hey fellow riders...it seems most everyone is too busy this weekend for a ride in my area. Will have to try another time. Jim Toe stopped by my office on Friday morning to say hello, have a coffee, and misplace his keys ...we found them eventually...says he did not know he had so many pockets! The boy is headed west to the Rockies for some great camping and fun riding...again I am very jealous of anyone who is able to leave for an extended period of riding. Looks like Stubblejumper and I will ride around the Pembina hills for a while tomorrow. Will keep you up to date when I can set up another ride out my way...I know there are a few of you who have expressed interest, and its worth the 45 minute ride from the city...
calan818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 03:44 PM   #153
TLXR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilScottie
Hey TLXR, I'm in East St. Paul too. Birds Hill to be exact. I took a ride out to Seddon Corner with BOBMUNZ a while back and the trails are endless. Great stuff. Then after the ride I came across a few young kids with a broken down KTM along the floodway just past Birds Hill along the 202. I helped them out with tools and in exchange they showed me their top secret way into some great trails in the area you were referencing (east of 59 / floodway, north of perimeter). I ripped around in there for a couple hours then found my way back to Lorne Hill road which connects to Garvin. I road from say 7pm till dark and no issues. I guess weekday riding might encounter some resistance but evening and weekend looks good.
Had some time this afternoon after my weekend choirs to do a little exploring on the west side of the floodway. After three dead-ends I ended up on a closed gravel road right next to the perimeter. There was a big yellow gate across the entrance but the ditch on either side was well worn by 4x4 traffic and was easy to navigate. At the end of the crumbling 1km road I found a round-about and a deserted bathroom resembling those of provincial parks. From there I found a dirt trail leading up to the berm of the floodway which I followed for a couple of clicks before running into the floodway conctruction. It was nothing but a giant rock strewn field at that point so I returned to the road following a lower path. All-in-all, not too interesting, other than what the purpose of this road was. The bathrooms looked quite new to have just been locked up and left to rot so I did some digging when I got home. This was the old Duff Roblin Park that was opened in 1999 and closed in 2006 in preparation for the floodway expansion. Great foresight and use of tax payers dollars there!

Seddons Corner looks interesting. Found lots of pic and video online. I'm game to go whenever you are. Just remember, it's a dual-sport, not a MX.
TLXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:43 PM   #154
BOBMUNZ OP
In jail for a while.

Oddometer: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLXR
Seddons Corner looks interesting. Found lots of pic and video online. I'm game to go whenever you are. Just remember, it's a dual-sport, not a MX.
How bout this coming Sunday, its my only day off from work so I like to make good use of it.

I'm interested in heading further north and exploring but my GPS is on the fritz (I know, you dont really need a gps in that area, but I like to make it home before dark) so it would be nice to have a few people there just in case we get stranded in the bush we can eat the weakest one to survive.

Or if somebody else that comes has one that could work too...
BOBMUNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:50 PM   #155
EvilScottie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBMUNZ
How bout this coming Sunday, its my only day off from work so I like to make good use of it.

I'm interested in heading further north and exploring but my GPS is on the fritz (I know, you dont really need a gps in that area, but I like to make it home before dark) so it would be nice to have a few people there just in case we get stranded in the bush we can eat the weakest one to survive.

Or if somebody else that comes has one that could work too...
I can't letcha eat one - there are too few KLR'ers as it is! I'm outta town but get back on the weekend and could definitly maybe probably make a Sunday ride to seddon's or anywhere else, with a gps.
EvilScottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:02 PM   #156
TLXR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBMUNZ
Oh, why not! Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I'm in.
TLXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:43 PM   #157
GermanPickle
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 134
Talking Ghost Towns Ride in Carman Area.

Hey,

I'm planning a day ride on Thursday. If anyone wants to join or meet, please PM me. The goal of my trip is to see some Manitoba Ghost towns, peek in some abandoned buildings (without disturbing them) take some photos and be home for dinner in the evening. I've spent a few days looking online for information on ghost towns in manitoba, but have had little luck. In the end I found a list on teh Manitoba Historical society site with a list of ghost towns, I marked them on a map, and then looked at what ground I could cover in a day. Here's what I came up with.

Leave Winnipeg 8am, Head to Firdale, Manitoba From Firdale, Point the bike South, and go to Stockton, Ninga, Wakopa, and then turn homeward bound stopping over in Neelin, and Greenway. Hope to be back in Winnipeg for 5-6pm

Right now my route is about 640KM, and if anything, I'd like to shorten it a little. I'm open to suggestions of towns to visit, and also more than willing to ride with somebody else, hence why I'm posting this. If you're interested or have ideas of places to see, please PM me.

Tobias
Old 07-28-2009, 05:29 AM   #158
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Oddometer: 4,666
Hey Toby, are you planning to stay on the slab the whole trip ? Some places are gravel road access only.

If the weatherman is going to give us a nice day for taking some photo's I just might be in for this run.

Any one else willing to burn some fuel ?
2011 BMW R1200GS Triple Black SOLD, 2009 Yamaha WR250R, 1978 Yamaha XS650 SE, 2006 Kawasaki Super Sherpa, 2004 Yamaha BWS, 1967 Honda CD125, 1980 Honda C70 Cub. SOLD. (on display at the Headingly Musem for the Winter)
BackRoader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:57 AM   #159
humvee
Beastly Adventurer

Well if Backroader's going...maybe I need to think up an excuse to get out of work too

Oh ya, he doesn't work anymore.

Sounds like a good run - take pics of the ferry. (that should entice a few more riders)
Old 07-28-2009, 06:12 AM   #160
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Oddometer: 4,666
Where are we going to meet ?
2011 BMW R1200GS Triple Black SOLD, 2009 Yamaha WR250R, 1978 Yamaha XS650 SE, 2006 Kawasaki Super Sherpa, 2004 Yamaha BWS, 1967 Honda CD125, 1980 Honda C70 Cub. SOLD. (on display at the Headingly Musem for the Winter)
BackRoader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:20 AM   #161
GermanPickle
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackRoader
Hey Toby, are you planning to stay on the slab the whole trip ? Some places are gravel road access only.

If the weatherman is going to give us a nice day for taking some photo's I just might be in for this run.

Any one else willing to burn some fuel ?
I'm gravel friendly, dirt friendly, and slab friendly. I'm willing to compromise, although some of the neatest stuff will be seen off the beaten path.

As for meeting place and time... Well. Let me hammer out a proper route and I'll post that on the board later today. (I'll PM you as well)
Old 07-28-2009, 09:32 AM   #162
humvee
Beastly Adventurer

Old 07-28-2009, 10:44 AM   #163
speedracer
The Lucky One

Oddometer: 176
First dibs for the local boys

Hey Girls,
I have a brand new (in box) set of progressive fork springs for $50.00
and a used headlight guard for $50.00
Shipping charges........1 cold beer and I will deliver personally

Jack has first refusal on the headlight guard as we spoke briefly about it recently. (let me know Jack)

Also have a nice computer desk for $80.00 incase anyone cares. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by humvee
Old 07-28-2009, 11:08 AM   #164
humvee
Beastly Adventurer

Imported beer or domestic?
Old 07-28-2009, 02:29 PM   #165
speedracer
The Lucky One

Oddometer: 176
I'm not picky.........i'll take what I can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humvee
Imported beer or domestic?