Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2011, 06:41 PM   #3166
SoSlow
Having fun

Oddometer: 885
Hey Inkdwheels and Bruce126 - thanks for introducing yourselves! I hope to get a chance to meet you!
SoSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:42 PM   #3167
Whyswoman
The Gal's Gotta 'Yak

Oddometer: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBMUNZ View Post

Hopefully before long I'll be up and running again and with any luck it's not a rotator cuff just a bad sprain or a muscle as a rotator cuff could mean surgery.

I'll keep you guys posted
This sux BIG TIME, Mr. Munz...although I have to say I am glad that the damages to you and your bike are not any worse...Hopefully your injury will heal quickly (don't bend that elbow too much while waiting...) and you will be up and ready to roll again soon...

Take care...
Whyswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:43 PM   #3168
SoSlow
Having fun

Oddometer: 885
I'm glad it wasn't worse - heal up quick and let us know how you're doing!

Quote:
Hey folks, sorry I've been absent for a while, the move and then work has kept me busy.

Some bad news though, on Wednesday I was bootin around along the floodway, and my crappy worn out clutch grabbed at the top of a hill and I went off the bike. The bike doesn't seem to be too damaged, some bending and it should be good, I didn't get a chance to give it a through look over.

The actual bad news is that I may have a torn rotator cuff, I went to the ER and they X-rayed it, said nothing was broken so they gave me some perkoset and a sling and made me an appointment for the Pan-Am clinic and I'll get a thorough assessment done.

Hopefully before long I'll be up and running again and with any luck it's not a rotator cuff just a bad sprain or a muscle as a rotator cuff could mean surgery.

SoSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:43 PM   #3169
Bruce126
justwannaride

Oddometer: 9
[QUOTE=MFS;16018513]Hmmm, local buy?

Got it in wpg. And I might add has lots of power, way more then I thought. But it sure is fun to ride. :)
Bruce126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:20 PM   #3170
2whlrider
Where to next?

Oddometer: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkdwheels View Post
So I'm moving to Winnipeg this weekend. I pick up the uhaul tomorrow and I'm going to take off on Saturday. I figure I'll show up Monday sometime. I'll be staying with friends until I get a place and I'll be starting work the week after. I'm looking forward to meeting some other riders out there. Keep an eye out for a yellow drz400sm with Georgia plates! First one to leave a note on my bike gets a free beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce126 View Post
Nice site you have here. Like to introduce myself, Bruce is the name. Just got myself a 08 Varadero. Not my first bike started off with a Honda 500 many years ago. Then a few years ago decided it was time to get back into it kids almost all grown up and all that. So bought my wife's uncle's 84 Goldwing Aspencade. Still have it but it's a work in progress. So here I am 08 Varadero and loving it. Came across this site and thought it would be a great idea to join to meet and draw on all the people's wealth of knowledge on adventure riding. Looking forward to corresponding with everyone thank you for taking the time to read this.

Welcome both of you. I'll watch out for your bikes especially the DRZ.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:21 AM   #3171
PiffleMaster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,908
Quote:
Hey folks, sorry I've been absent for a while, the move and then work has kept me busy.
Trevor, that sucks.
Heal quick!
PiffleMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:39 PM   #3172
champ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Quote:

Some bad news though, on Wednesday I was bootin around along the floodway, and my crappy worn out clutch grabbed at the top of a hill and I went off the bike. The bike doesn't seem to be too damaged, some bending and it should be good, I didn't get a chance to give it a through look over.

The actual bad news is that I may have a torn rotator cuff, I went to the ER and they X-rayed it, said nothing was broken so they gave me some perkoset and a sling and made me an appointment for the Pan-Am clinic and I'll get a thorough assessment done.

I seriously recommend seeing Dr at a sports therapy clinic who specialize in this type of injury. Some Antiinflammatory meds (ask Dr for Naproxen-works well) It's important to treat early to minimize further tissue damage from inframmation and increase healing. Personal experience and I'm and RN and have seen others experience improved healing outcomes with early specialized treatment. ER docs are great but they don't specialize in sport injury.
champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 06:19 PM   #3173
Whoopdefraggindo
Bed Shitter

Oddometer: 184
SPOT check

Tested out my SPOT today, not sure why but I can't get the Share function to work or I would show my route. I did post in Day Tripping if you would like a ride report instead.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...7#post16029307
Whoopdefraggindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 07:22 PM   #3174
BOBMUNZ OP
In jail for a while.

Oddometer: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by champ View Post
I seriously recommend seeing Dr at a sports therapy clinic who specialize in this type of injury. Some Antiinflammatory meds (ask Dr for Naproxen-works well) It's important to treat early to minimize further tissue damage from inframmation and increase healing. Personal experience and I'm and RN and have seen others experience improved healing outcomes with early specialized treatment. ER docs are great but they don't specialize in sport injury.
I have an appointment at the pan am clinic on Monday and my girlfriends dad is a personal trainer with a degree in kinesiology who has trained athletes who are recovering from the same injury. I'm also lucky that I have physiotherapy coverage from work. Girlfriends dad said depending on what the doc said I could be back to my old self by September, I don't expect to be doing too much riding this year though.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:20 PM   #3175
calan818
The CarMexican

Oddometer: 1,202
Some similarities

Hey 2Whlrider, nice to see your pics at Lockport. I see some similarities with our motorcycle tastes! I wonder how many KLR/Burgie combos are out there!
Attached Images

calan818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #3176
calan818
The CarMexican

Oddometer: 1,202
Welcome new guys

Welcome Bruce and Inkdrider. Good to see the ADV gang is growing even bigger. I hope everyone "puts it out there" when they are going for a ride, with an open invitation. It would be great to meet up with everyone over the course of this summer! We have lots of "names" on this site, but how about some pics of people so we can recognize them? Here is a pic of me and my wife in the rockies.
Attached Images

calan818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 06:20 AM   #3177
PiffleMaster
Beastly Adventurer

Burgies and KLRs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by calan818 View Post
I wonder how many KLR/Burgie combos are out there!
Here's a shot taken last year of WhysWoman's Burgie and my not so happy KLR in Parry Sound Ontario... (Countershaft seal got damaged in a freak occurence when a chunk of chain guide let go.)
Old 05-29-2011, 08:30 AM   #3178
Whyswoman
The Gal's Gotta 'Yak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiffleMaster View Post
Here's a shot taken last year of WhysWoman's Burgie and my not so happy KLR in Parry Sound Ontario... (Countershaft seal got damaged in a freak occurence when a chunk of chain guide let go.)
I probably don't look too happy either - it was about 32C, humid like crazy, and we sat on that parking lot a looooooooooooooong time - several hours in fact...

This is the only known picture of me wearing a hat EVER published on the web - and if I had known that Piffle person was posting it here, I might have read him the riot act ...well, we just won't go there...The fact is I was getting a bit woozy, and wandered in to the CT to get something to cover my scalp, cuz my brains were starting to boil...The only thing they had was this darned white "just do it" cap - and the sentiment seemed apropos, so...
Old 05-29-2011, 07:05 PM   #3179
Whyswoman
The Gal's Gotta 'Yak

Quote:
Originally Posted by calan818 View Post
Hey 2Whlrider, nice to see your pics at Lockport. I see some similarities with our motorcycle tastes! I wonder how many KLR/Burgie combos are out there!

WEll, given there are already 3 known Burgie/KLR combos on this one ADVRider regional forum (and a sub-forum at that), I am guessing there may be a few more by next year, despite the somewhat "Odd Couple" appearance when the two bikes are side-by-side...
Old 05-29-2011, 07:17 PM   #3180
PiffleMaster
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Fry View Post
In Mexico
In Texas
In BC.
Sweet!