Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2012, 08:26 AM   #4591
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Oddometer: 4,744
Hey Trevor, welcome back. Sounds like you are heading to MOAB for a little soul revival..... your are going to shit when you get into the Cnayon Lands. We only touched on a few of the spots. (buy the local maps, they have great details when it comes to the degree challenge for trail you are contemplating)
Old 04-01-2012, 12:22 PM   #4592
BOBMUNZ OP
In jail for a while.

Oddometer: 493
We are spending 4 nights on the white rim trail, so it's should be good.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:47 PM   #4593
silencejinn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tothelake View Post
I should have all the tools except the specialty ones. Once I have the supplies I'll schedule a day as management has approved such an occasion. It will likely be a Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon/evening. I will be sure to order a sunny, "mosquito-less" day.
I was at the last part of tech day last year and my doo parts should come in within 2 weeks. Hope you can get management approve for Tuesday or Wednesday evening as i work till 4:30. If i can make it, i will bring some food as well.
silencejinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:08 PM   #4594
rugbyrtcwka
railroader

Oddometer: 512
ICe breaker update

More wrenches thrown into plan. I will not be going out to cottage this week. Turns out not many people could make it this week anyway. I am now looking at the 18th and 19th of this month. Hope that work better for more people anyway, and I'll be fighting to keep those days clear.

Kelly
Old 04-01-2012, 06:17 PM   #4595
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBMUNZ View Post
We spent an entire day on the White Rim Road.... you will lots of time to contemplate life and look over the edge
Old 04-01-2012, 11:02 PM   #4596
Mark96
Way Out There!

Oddometer: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBMUNZ View Post
I can't wait to get back there again. I'm going with a rental Wing from Vegas in May. Here's a couple of teezers of the White Rim Trail from my trip last November with Greg on the KLR's.

This is looking down and east at the White Rim Trail

This is at the top of the White Rim Trail. We basically road west along the trail below from as far as the eye can see and a bunch further. The pics don't do it justice. It will blow your mind!
Old 04-02-2012, 07:07 AM   #4597
Whyswoman
The Gal's Gotta 'Yak

Oddometer: 610
PiffleProgress

Hey folks...If anyone is interested...Just thought I would let you know Brian spent the night in Oromocto NB last night, and he is on track to take the ferry from Sydney NS to Port-au-Basque on The Rock overnight...He is hoping to catch some zzzz's and be ready to ride to Paradise tomorrow...

Here are his spot tracks: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...jeIJVKoNWOpBD8
Old 04-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #4598
Lappeman
He's Down Again!

Oddometer: 2,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark96 View Post
I can't wait to get back there again. I'm going with a rental Wing from Vegas in May. Here's a couple of teezers of the White Rim Trail from my trip last November with Greg on the KLR's.

This is looking down and east at the White Rim Trail

This is at the top of the White Rim Trail. We basically road west along the trail below from as far as the eye can see and a bunch further. The pics don't do it justice. It will blow your mind!
Man I gotta get out of this country and see something else besides trees and snow!!!!! White Rim Trail is now on my list of things to do
2003 KLR 650 Alaskan Adventure
2007 YZ250F Blue Death
Lappeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #4599
Tothelake
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
KLR Tech day

I have gotten full management approval to host a KLR Tech day. Tuesday May 1st fits into my schedule. I would leave work around 1, make all the preparations at home and be ready to receive visitors by 2 or 3. Let me know if that works for you folks. I live just South of Winnipeg in Grande Pointe.......lots of parking available (although the driveway is gravel) and a double garage to work in. Not sure If any other repairs are performed at these events but I do have a good selection of tools. More details to follow once I get your feedback!
Tothelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:43 PM   #4600
rugbyrtcwka
railroader

Oddometer: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tothelake View Post
I have gotten full management approval to host a KLR Tech day. Tuesday May 1st fits into my schedule. I would leave work around 1, make all the preparations at home and be ready to receive visitors by 2 or 3. Let me know if that works for you folks. I live just South of Winnipeg in Grande Pointe.......lots of parking available (although the driveway is gravel) and a double garage to work in. Not sure If any other repairs are performed at these events but I do have a good selection of tools. More details to follow once I get your feedback!
I might show up just as an observer!
Old 04-02-2012, 05:31 PM   #4601
BackRoader
Heading There Next

I have marked the date on my calender. This time I promise to pay attention to the "Doo Job", I usually end up at the Bar B Que.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #4602
jimtoe
Dream'n of a Dream

Oddometer: 670
Is that Bar B Q or at the Bar be you. Will try to attend but work till 4:30
2001 Kawasaki Super Sherpa "just for fun"
2009 Kawasaki Versys "Nothing but smiles"
jimtoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #4603
calan818
The CarMexican

Oddometer: 1,237
Route 66

Hey ADV gang. Awesome show on Discovery channel #279 on my Shaw satt. Billy Connelly (Greg's twin brother) hosts the show and drives the length of Route 66 on this Harley 3 wheeler. On now at 7pm! check it out if you can, this is only the 2nd episode!
calan818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:29 PM   #4604
vette
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Road to Thompson

Live in Kentucky, USA and will be heading North this July. Will be coming in from the East out of Ontario. What is the road like heading up to Thompson? Riding a big RoadKing. CTH
vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:13 PM   #4605
2whlrider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 893
Quote:
Originally Posted by calan818 View Post
Hey ADV gang. Awesome show on Discovery channel #279 on my Shaw satt. Billy Connelly (Greg's twin brother) hosts the show and drives the length of Route 66 on this Harley 3 wheeler. On now at 7pm! check it out if you can, this is only the 2nd episode!
Recorded and watching it now. Great show.