Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2012, 09:19 AM   #4666
Tothelake
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
That's a common problem......one's toy inventory normally expands to fill one's storage capacity and getting your S.O. to park outside is usually not an option. A nice enclosed motorcycle trailer would solve your problems although I did see a storage system at Enns brothers that would allow you to "double stack" them!
Tothelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:20 AM   #4667
ZZR_Ron
Underground

Oddometer: 7,992
Seeing as your Wifey likes the Beemer...and the Harley makes her bum hurt...
Old 04-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #4668
theshaneler
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtoe View Post
I my be up for a Friday ride. I ride a Versys so not to keen on the trail rides either. Friday is my day off. Have been thinking of riding to Old Pinawa Dam.
sweet! shoot me a PM and we can plan something. looking forward to meeting some guys who ride in the Winnipeg area. i have been riding alone for months and it get boring. The only people i know who ride have gixxers and drive like idiots, so no fun at all ><
theshaneler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:31 AM   #4669
skysailor
Rat Rider

Oddometer: 3,304
Greg, toss the KLR in the trailer....if you don't use it, no harm, no foul. If you don't have it, you'll want it. Safe trip.
Lyle
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:33 AM   #4670
Mark96
Way Out There!

Oddometer: 604
CRAP....after 3 days of riding last week my back decided I needed a time out. Have been pretty much horizontal for the last 3 days. I dunno.... chiro or not? It's slowly improving just takin'er easy. Hope it gets better. Would like to join in on the ice breaker.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #4671
silencejinn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 264
I think I saw bend forks today on Donald bridge driving to downtown.
Green KLR in the truck with a trailer?
silencejinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #4672
rugbyrtcwka
railroader

Oddometer: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshaneler View Post
well next couple days look like they are going to be cold, but Thursday and Friday are looking nice. anyone up for a day ride?

I can't ride at night as i still have my class 6L, but im up for doing a meet up at tims then a ride.

keeping in mind i'm on a sports bike and doing trails, although funny, would not work ;)
What time were you thinking of riding? I have a lunch meeting at the Forks on Thursday and should be finished by 1:30 PM.

rugbyrtcwka screwed with this post 04-09-2012 at 02:05 PM
rugbyrtcwka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:08 PM   #4673
rugbyrtcwka
railroader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackRoader View Post
Will make that decision tomorrow. Thought about throwing one on the trailer and checking out a few places along the way, though it seems my back has been acting up a little and I don't want to put the trip to Dan's in jeopardy. My motorcycle "storage facilty" is at capacity and when I have to juggle the bikes around it takes it's toll on my back. Changes are in the wind.......
What! Did you lose my phone #? I'd be happy to help you with your bike shuffle dilemma if you need it.

P.S. I knew I should have put a second story on that storage facility of yours.

Work is under way for a storage facility of my own.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #4674
theshaneler
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbyrtcwka View Post
What time were you thinking of riding? I have a lunch meeting at the Forks on Thursday and should be finished by 1:30 PM.
im off thursday friday saturday. so im game for going when ever. as long as you don't mind riding with a youngn :p

most people see a 20 something year old guy on a sports bike and assume im reckless and immature. well i may be incredibly immature, i am not at all reckless :p
Old 04-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #4675
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Oddometer: 4,529
Quote:
im off thursday friday saturday. so im game for going when ever. as long as you don't mind riding with a youngn :p

most people see a 20 something year old guy on a sports bike and assume im reckless and immature. well i may be incredibly immature, i am not at all reckless :p
I had some sport bikes when I was 20 something, closer to 30 when I come to think of it. I was crazy and I did fall off...

BackRoader screwed with this post 04-09-2012 at 04:07 PM
BackRoader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:27 PM   #4676
rugbyrtcwka
railroader

Quote:

I'm not particular who I ride with. After all I've ridden with alot of these yahoos. That's only because I fit in so well.

Anywho! Do you want to meet at the Forks and we'll ride to selkirk for a coffee or something? If you check out some of my blogs you'll know what I look like. If you say Yay, I'll wait till 1:30 PM by the small parking lot in front of the Johnson Terminal. I'll be wearing riding gear and sitting on a big red Yamaha.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:19 PM   #4677
theshaneler
Adventurer

well right now the weather forecast is warm but rainy, only having 2 months of riding experience under my belt i tend to stay off the streets when they are slick, we will see if the forecast changes closer to thursday
Old 04-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #4678
rugbyrtcwka
railroader

Quote:
well right now the weather forecast is warm but rainy, only having 2 months of riding experience under my belt i tend to stay off the streets when they are slick, we will see if the forecast changes closer to thursday
I ended up doing my riding test in the pouring rain! But no worries, I'm not a fan of riding in the rain if I don't have to, dispite the fact I have rain gear. If it's raining after my lunch I won't expect you.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #4679
PiffleMaster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,795
Quote:
Good rain gear makes all the difference when riding in the wet. If you're dry and warm, visibility is the only thing that will should slow you down in the rain/fog/drizzle.
Modern tires are very grippy in the wet, and unless you have spastic hands or feet, or you're pushing hard, racing or riding a Hyabusa, you probably won't notice any difference between dry and wet grip.

Of course the usual caveats about the slurry that ocurrs at the beginning of a rain must be followed.
Waxing your visor helps if done before the rain/fog/drizzle happens.

Cheers, Brian
PiffleMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #4680
skysailor
Rat Rider

Oddometer: 3,304
And, keep off the painted parts of the road. That is all.
Lyle
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote