Old 06-25-2009, 08:39 PM   #61
calan818
All squint eyed&confused

Oddometer: 1,158
Canada Day Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Fry
Ok, so far Backroader and on-off
DUGGMUDD have PM'ed me that Canada Day to Kenora(?)looks good. Day ride only no overnight planned.
I'm out of town this weekend as per SOP. Will touch base with you guys on tuesday. to confirm details.
I'm flexable as to route but my tires might not be . You guys can thrash something fun out amoungst yourselves if you want and let me know.
I'm an Ideas Man not a Details Wennie .
Invite to all is still open as far as I'm conserned.
I see a ride is shaping up for Canada Day? Are you planning on going just for the day? My mighty KLR is in the shop as of this morning. Valve adjust, chain and tire repair. Not sure I will have it back by July 1...
Old 06-25-2009, 08:39 PM   #62
calan818
All squint eyed&confused

Bissett

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBMUNZ
Ok so I just looked back at some of the previous posts and there was mention of taking 304 most of the way up, might I suggest this route (as with all dual sport adventures the route is up for some creative adjustment )
View Larger Map">
View Larger Map

We would have to likely get some gas before we head into the park because I personally have no idea what there is for fuel stops in the park but it looks like it could be a fun route on some twisty roads
I hope the ride has some dirty spots....
Old 06-26-2009, 12:16 AM   #63
BOBMUNZ OP
In jail for a while.

Oddometer: 484
I'd like to join on Canada day but I'm already headed out to Beausejour, the girlfriend grew up there so I figured it would be nice to take her there on the one day we both have off from work.

And as far as that route, I just dragged the map route over so that we could ride north through the park instead of coming up the east side of the lake and over, I figured it would be more scenic and playing on twisty slab can be fun, but the map is definitely open to interpretation.
BOBMUNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:25 AM   #64
'Dumbdog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 311
Quote:
I'd like to join on Canada day but I'm already headed out to Beausejour, the girlfriend grew up there so I figured it would be nice to take her there on the one day we both have off from work.

And as far as that route, I just dragged the map route over so that we could ride north through the park instead of coming up the east side of the lake and over, I figured it would be more scenic and playing on twisty slab can be fun, but the map is definitely open to interpretation.
I may be goin through beasejour, to seven sisters to westhawk to kenora that day....may or may not stay for the fireworks display haven't decided.....
'Dumbdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:04 PM   #65
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Oddometer: 4,519
I am OK for a run on July 01, however not crazy about running the slap to Kenora.... construction and camper traffic will suck....
Old 06-26-2009, 07:41 PM   #66
calan818
All squint eyed&confused

Canada Day

I agree BackRoader, the hwy would be full of people with a deathwish for motorcycle riders. What are the plans beside pavement?
Old 06-27-2009, 04:06 AM   #67
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Thought about heading south of the Transcanada into the forest and check oout Whitemouth Lake area.
Stublejumper called me last night....said he did the run last week.

With all this rain it might be challenging as the area has a great deal of streams that will flood....this happened 4 years ago. Lots of dead end roads account of washouts.

Going to play this by ear...see what the others are doing.... might end up on the slab..... argggggg
Old 06-27-2009, 09:44 AM   #68
skysailor
Rat Rider

Oddometer: 3,298
FYI....no fireworks on the 1'st this year in Kenora. They're doing it on the 4'th.
I'm wetting the bed and hitting Duluth. No holiday there, and I wants to check out Aerostitch.. Traffic coming into Kenora on weekends all summer will be totally mental
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:46 AM   #69
'Dumbdog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by skysailor
FYI....no fireworks on the 1'st this year in Kenora. They're doing it on the 4'th.
I'm wetting the bed and hitting Duluth. No holiday there, and I wants to check out Aerostitch.. Traffic coming into Kenora on weekends all summer will be totally mental
thank you for that...
Clear Lake Manitoba it is for me then!

ps I find it easier to take the bypass to the Villeneuve rd or aiport rd to get into K-town during tourist rush hours...

'Dumbdog screwed with this post 06-27-2009 at 09:51 AM
'Dumbdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 02:14 PM   #70
speedracer
The Lucky One

Oddometer: 165
Yes, this is the route I was talking about. 304 is a loop. It starts out at Lac Du Bonnet on Provincial 313, turn left to 315, left on 314 which turns into 304 which goes through some great wilderness all the way to Bisset and a short time after that it is paved for the ride home.

Quote:
Ok so I just looked back at some of the previous posts and there was mention of taking 304 most of the way up, might I suggest this route (as with all dual sport adventures the route is up for some creative adjustment )
View Larger Map">
View Larger Map

We would have to likely get some gas before we head into the park because I personally have no idea what there is for fuel stops in the park but it looks like it could be a fun route on some twisty roads
Old 06-27-2009, 02:19 PM   #71
champ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Would love to join the Bisset ride but I work that weekend, guess I'll have to do a loner another weekend or weekday I have off.
The wife said she would like to go with me 2 up to the Duck Mtns and camp over night, great but she's having second thoughts after last Sundays 3 1/2 hour ride through the Carberry hills and spruce woods forest.
That expensive Sargent seat is looking more affordable all the time. Two up is definitley a harder ride on the butt.
New Cee Bailey extended windshield is much better on the body and worth every penny of the $180 + taxes and shipping I paid but I should have gotten the tallest one.
champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:20 PM   #72
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Hey Champ, ordered a Sargent seat a few weeks ago..... looking forward to a comfortable " long " ride.

Anyone heading out on the slab tomorrow ? Maybe a run to Selkirk for a hot dog ?
Old 06-28-2009, 05:14 AM   #73
ZZR_Ron
Underground

Oddometer: 7,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer
Yes, this is the route I was talking about. 304 is a loop. It starts out at Lac Du Bonnet on Provincial 313, turn left to 315, left on 314 which turns into 304 which goes through some great wilderness all the way to Bisset and a short time after that it is paved for the ride home.
I don't currently live in there, but lived in Pinawa for three years, and know the area well. That and Duck Mountain, are probably the best two rides in Manitoba.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:41 AM   #74
bent forks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 338
Sunday ride

What time are you leaving Greg
bent forks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:35 AM   #75
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by bent forks
What time are you leaving Greg
I am OK to leave before noon.... go for a couple or three hours...

Are ya in ? If so we can meet at 11:30 at Tim's (the one on Regent near the Future Shop and Montana's)