User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-19-2009, 05:32 AM   #16
vander
full-time dreamer

Oddometer: 909
Good to know. I was looking for Türkiye and Iran maps. Going there in september.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:54 PM   #17
zakou
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 984
The trip was great !

Hi there my trip to turkey was excelent !! I just have no time this period of the year for a ride report. I have a lots of photos and stories to tell !! I have to go back again!!
zakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:34 PM   #18
krb6
n00b

Oddometer: 1
My wife and I are on a similar trip. We flew our bikes from Victoria BC to Manchester England rode through France, Italy, took the ferry from Italy to Corfu Greece then to Athens and out to some of the Greek Islands. We thought we could catch a ferry to Turkey from Samos (Greek Island short distance to Turkey) but no car ferries for a week so we had to take a long ferry to Northern Greece (Kavala) and drive cross the border to Turkey.

We have a zumo550 with latest europe maps. We just used a paper map for Turkey. Roads are well marked even in the big cities. Lots of good ring roads and freeways through the cities. Had no problems finding our way around. I think we got lucky with picking the right exit in Istanbul but found our hotel in old town fairly easily. The furthest east we went in Turkey was Goreme. (very cool spot)

Our insurance green card did not include Turkey but it was only 5 euros per bike for 3 months. (Macedonia 50euros, Kosovo 20euros) Did not have to pay at Montenegro or Croatia. I think we were supposed to but they did not ask.

We are currently in Croatia heading north. Let me know if I can help with any questions.
krb6 is offline   Reply With Quote