Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2009, 02:49 PM   #211
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less

Oddometer: 5,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR
...snip

If the heat bothers so many of you light-weights, we may just have to let the tags sit until fall... snip...
In my experience, it's the heavyweights that have the heat issues

I'm still in the game. I just like to slip under the radar when it comes time to get a tag. If you Jackson area folks want to start a tag, go for it! Just don't forget about the statewide TOR.
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:50 PM   #212
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less

Oddometer: 5,342
Welcome to the forum Cybervlad!
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:57 PM   #213
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy

Oddometer: 5,505
Geeeeeezzz... I thought this was Adventure Rider, not "Oh I only ride when the sun is out and it's 75 degrees" Rider.

Guess I should shut up since I hav'nt gone to get the tag either.

Trophy1298 screwed with this post 07-09-2009 at 03:05 PM
Trophy1298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:12 PM   #214
carabnsol
should have been a cowboy

Oddometer: 2,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybervlad
Just joined this forum today, sounds like fun. I live in Jackson but I'm still learning so I got my bike stored in the Columbia/Bassfield area to practice riding until I get my license. May convince someone this weekend to ride out that way with me if it is still there. Depends on how the short the Wive's leash is this weekend. Hopefully I can talk Backwoods into riding to the DMV with me soon so I grab a license and take some of these on solo.
Welcome to the game and group. Congrats on the new bike. What are you riding? Hope to see you on the road or trail.
carabnsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:10 PM   #215
eeore39648
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,940
New tag for Jackson

I have read all your replies. Since I ride a smaller bike than most, of you. That, I, am not using as a excuse, mind you. I think there should be two tags going. The longer distances I can do, they are just daunting when riding alone. But, group rides would be well suited for the statewide tag.
I kinda like the county boudary idea. In the local area, one shouln't have to use a GPS.
I have to agree with Trophy, heat is no excuse for not riding. If you love it, it doesn't matter. I love the heat, in cooler temp's, I hibernate. I don't like riding, to much then.
So, which group can go get that missing tag?
Who all is going to get it?
eeore39648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:45 PM   #216
Pappy541
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman
I like the list of counties. That's more cut & dried. Much easier than trying to determine if a given spot is within "x" number of miles of Jackson. Having said that, I'm game for whatever is decided on! Like someone else said though, the heat has played a MAJOR role in my not riding as much lately.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

+1
Pappy541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:41 PM   #217
wolfy317
Beemer lover

Oddometer: 3,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeore39648
I have read all your replies. Since I ride a smaller bike than most, of you. That, I, am not using as a excuse, mind you. I think there should be two tags going. The longer distances I can do, they are just daunting when riding alone. But, group rides would be well suited for the statewide tag.
I kinda like the county boudary idea. In the local area, one shouln't have to use a GPS.
I have to agree with Trophy, heat is no excuse for not riding. If you love it, it doesn't matter. I love the heat, in cooler temp's, I hibernate. I don't like riding, to much then.
So, which group can go get that missing tag?
Who all is going to get it?

Well I guess we have to look at temperature as a personal issue. You contradict yourself in saying you'd rather not ride in winter, but that heat is no excuse. If heat is no excuse, then neiher is cold. I'm not trying to sound argumentative, just saying. I'm VERY hot natured, and I'll get sick on a long ride in high temps. Yet, I'll ride all day in winter. At night I keep my thermostat at 65 and typically sleep uncovered lol. So we'll have to agree to disagree on whether one persons riding preference can be enforced on another. I love riding and always have, so that's got nothing to do with it.

As long as we keep the statewide TOR alive I'm game for whatever.

'71 BMW R75/5 | 06 BMW K1200R
wolfy317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:26 PM   #218
redduck124
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 684
Heat

I think we need to ease up on the heat thing, especially since I was the one who made the mistake of starting it as an issue. Some people simply have different tolerances. Some don't like to ride in heat, some cold, some at night, others rain and even others when the moon is in the seventh house and the Jupiter aligns with Mars. That said, I might try and get the rat tomorrow unless someone beats me too it, or it's too hot, or too cold, or it rains, or there's an eclipse, or my horoscope says to stay in bed....
'73 Bultaco Sherpa T
redduck124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:06 AM   #219
ninjammin
T-Rexin'

Oddometer: 182
Hahahaha, now that's funny, I don't care who you are.

If'n you do go get it, bring it just a bit further south. Pweese?
ninjammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 04:52 AM   #220
eeore39648
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,940
Looks like the weather forcast is going to be clear, through the weekend. Whos riding and where?
Sounds like the tag will be gotten, today. Sometime today I need to figure out where I want to ride.
Ideas welcome.
eeore39648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 05:04 AM   #221
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by redduck124
I think we need to ease up on the heat thing, especially since I was the one who made the mistake of starting it as an issue. Some people simply have different tolerances. Some don't like to ride in heat, some cold, some at night, others rain and even others when the moon is in the seventh house and the Jupiter aligns with Mars. That said, I might try and get the rat tomorrow unless someone beats me too it, or it's too hot, or too cold, or it rains, or there's an eclipse, or my horoscope says to stay in bed....
Funny stuff.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:40 AM   #222
backwoodsKLR OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by redduck124

Someone let me know when Jupiter aligns with Mars. I have not had that happen since I've had the KLR, so I need to watch out!

I rode to work today. It was a bit warm when stopped at lights, but for the most part not to bad, but that was early morning. When I took the tag to it's current location I stopped for fluids twice on way over and twice on way back to stay hydrated, so we do need to be careful out there. If you want to ride in heat, fine. If not, fine. "Why can't we all just get along?"

Anyway, my weekend plans have shifted somewhat. Seems I got roped into hauling my boat over to Demopolis, AL to meet family to play on the river on Saturday. But Sunday afternoon I'm all about getting some miles in... If no one else has done it, maybe we can get the first tag of the central MS game placed Sunday afternoon!
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 06:42 AM   #223
backwoodsKLR OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybervlad
Just joined this forum today, sounds like fun. I live in Jackson but I'm still learning so I got my bike stored in the Columbia/Bassfield area to practice riding until I get my license. May convince someone this weekend to ride out that way with me if it is still there. Depends on how the short the Wive's leash is this weekend. Hopefully I can talk Backwoods into riding to the DMV with me soon so I grab a license and take some of these on solo.
Welcome Cybervlad... Even if you're just another "loser on a cruiser"!!
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:47 AM   #224
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy

Don't know about Jupiter and Mars, but a bird aligned with my helmet this morning. My ears are still ringing. Wasn't even a big bird. Was a good ride other than that.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:05 AM   #225
eatalotapeaches
finding my own way

Oddometer: 1,461
Ok, it's time to man up. Who wants to ride this weekend? Saturday? Sunday? Early (8 a.m. until lunch)? Late afternoon until dark? I'm ok with a shorter local ride that just means I'll ride the DRZ instead of the Tiger.

LET'S RIDE!

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. Psalm 143:8
eatalotapeaches is offline   Reply With Quote