ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-14-2009, 03:18 PM   #61
The Batman
Caped Crusader
 
The Batman's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Madison, MS
Oddometer: 102
Click the link..

http://a05-b05.mypicturetown.com:80/...item.JPG?rot=1

Hmm don't know why it won't post. Anyway, nice tag! Neshoba County Fairgrounds, on Hwy 21 about 5-6 miles south of Philadelphia. Sorry, no GPS coordinates, but you can't miss it, on the left (east) side of the road when driving south. Really neat, I'd never been there before today.
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:20 PM   #62
The Batman
Caped Crusader
 
The Batman's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Madison, MS
Oddometer: 102
One more with a little background on the fair

http://a05-b05.mypicturetown.com:80/...item.JPG?rot=1

I'll get a new one put up in the next couple of days, it'll have to be done late one day after I get off work...
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:23 PM   #63
backwoodsKLR OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmdvm
http://a05-b05.mypicturetown.com:80/...item.JPG?rot=1

I'll get a new one put up in the next couple of days, it'll have to be done late one day after I get off work...
Good Job!!
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:31 PM   #64
carabnsol
should have been a cowboy
 
carabnsol's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,060
Good job! Wish I could have ridden with you to get the tag.
carabnsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:47 PM   #65
wolfy317
Beemer lover
 
wolfy317's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: The Double Humpback
Oddometer: 3,428
Looks like it's game on! Good grab man. Looking forward to seeing the next location. Sorry, I forgot to tag the GPS when we stopped.

AL
__________________
FLICKR

'71 BMW R75/5 | 06 BMW K1200R
wolfy317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:02 PM   #66
The Batman
Caped Crusader
 
The Batman's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Madison, MS
Oddometer: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy317
Looks like it's game on! Good grab man. Looking forward to seeing the next location. Sorry, I forgot to tag the GPS when we stopped.

AL
Ha ha, no I meant I don't have a GPS to mark the coordinates! Thought about it plenty though while riding today and I'm gonna have to do something about that soon
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:21 PM   #67
wolfy317
Beemer lover
 
wolfy317's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: The Double Humpback
Oddometer: 3,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmdvm
Ha ha, no I meant I don't have a GPS to mark the coordinates! Thought about it plenty though while riding today and I'm gonna have to do something about that soon
Actually I meant to mark the coords, for backwoodsklr to use for the map he's doing. I was gonna post em after it had been found . Not that it's hard to find on a map

Looking forward to giving it another go soon.

Al
__________________
FLICKR

'71 BMW R75/5 | 06 BMW K1200R
wolfy317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:31 PM   #68
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less
 
Anticyclone's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Jackson, MS
Oddometer: 5,340
The GPS coordinates for the Neshoba County Fairgrounds are 32.714310, -89.215958 according to Google Earth. I too am without a GPS.
__________________
Later,
Michael
"If I can't pass at a reasonable speed I do it unreasonably." - jdmetzger
Anticyclone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:47 PM   #69
backwoodsKLR OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,358
I attempted to place an approximate tag over the Neshoba County Fair general area since I don't know where the exact tag is.

Tag Map updated!
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:35 PM   #70
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less
 
Anticyclone's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Jackson, MS
Oddometer: 5,340
BackwoodsKLR, thanks for taking care of the map!
__________________
Later,
Michael
"If I can't pass at a reasonable speed I do it unreasonably." - jdmetzger
Anticyclone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:29 PM   #71
The Batman
Caped Crusader
 
The Batman's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Madison, MS
Oddometer: 102
New tag posted

http://a05-b05.mypicturetown.com:80/...item.JPG?rot=1

http://a05-b05.mypicturetown.com:80/...item.JPG?rot=1

I still don't know why I only get an empty box with a blue "x" in it when I try to post a picture now. Anyway, this should be pretty simple. If you look closely at the first picture it gives it away. But this spot is just off the intersection of a highway whose digits add to 4 and another whose digits add to 13. The large rock behind my bike is a big hint. I think this place is the only park of its kind in MS, but I'm not positive about that! It's all paved roads except gravel the last 50-75 yards or so. I have another picture I can post if needed, but that's pretty doubtful.

Best I could do in what little time I had after work. Otherwise I'd have made you guys wait till the weekend, and we've gotta keep the ball rolling! Have fun and good luck!
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:13 PM   #72
ninjammin
T-Rexin'
 
ninjammin's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Oddometer: 182
I wish I could get over there in time. I used to go there all the time as a kid.
ninjammin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:55 PM   #73
backwoodsKLR OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmdvm
http://a05-b05.mypicturetown.com:80/...item.JPG?rot=1

http://a05-b05.mypicturetown.com:80/...item.JPG?rot=1

I still don't know why I only get an empty box with a blue "x" in it when I try to post a picture now. Anyway, this should be pretty simple. If you look closely at the first picture it gives it away. But this spot is just off the intersection of a highway whose digits add to 4 and another whose digits add to 13. The large rock behind my bike is a big hint. I think this place is the only park of its kind in MS, but I'm not positive about that! It's all paved roads except gravel the last 50-75 yards or so. I have another picture I can post if needed, but that's pretty doubtful.

Best I could do in what little time I had after work. Otherwise I'd have made you guys wait till the weekend, and we've gotta keep the ball rolling! Have fun and good luck!
You just need to take off anything after the ".jpg" at the end of the link. Like below:





And I know where it is, but not sure when I can ride out there...

backwoodsKLR screwed with this post 06-15-2009 at 09:02 PM
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:45 AM   #74
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy
 
Trophy1298's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: THE SOUTH
Oddometer: 5,505
IDK... This is a HARD one.

Someone grab this thing so I don't blow off a commitment this evening.
__________________
I'll be back....
Trophy1298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:11 AM   #75
backwoodsKLR OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy1298
IDK... This is a HARD one.

Someone grab this thing so I don't blow off a commitment this evening.
Hmmm... Map shows it is about an hour from my house. If I blew off a commitment tonight, I might could make it, also. But I doubt it...
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014