Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2009, 05:06 AM   #841
tslaw
aged n00b

Oddometer: 2,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by max1138
go for it, the klr awaits and Ive got all weekend to go play.
The KLR will be perfect for the roads in the area.
tslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:49 AM   #842
backwoodsKLR OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,321
Quote:
go for it, the klr awaits and Ive got all weekend to go play.

also, I figured out how to convert all the current tags listed in google to gpx and loaded them into my 2720 so I know it works. email me if ya want the file or know how to post it up for grabs here.
Be forwarned, some of the points I placed on the MS Tag-O-Rama Google Map are approximations (usually labeled as such in comments). Others people posted the coordinates when they grabbed the tag. I try to get as close as I can with the imagery, but some such as the tank at Jellystone park, I was not able to get the exact location from the google imagery, but it will get you within a few hundred yards of it.
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:55 AM   #843
max1138
unsentinent wanderer

Oddometer: 104
re:tag locations

thats cool backwoods, as long as it will get me in the area.

you should try to follow some of gaspipes tracks around pickwick. you look at the gps and think "did he really get a bike in there" and sure enough its doable.

Im going to spend the weekend looking and trying to find ug-lee and maybe the bluffs, dunns falls, dlo park
and other interesting places I never knew existed in my home state till I found this thread.

one of the few advantages to working away from home is weekends are free with no family commitments or honey-do lists so I can just get on a bike and go ride,without having to worry about where I wind up at or a set schedule to be home by. I carry a hennessy hammock and a light sleeping bag and will find a out of the way place in the woods and sleep there.
max1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:00 AM   #844
backwoodsKLR OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

you should try to follow some of gaspipes tracks around pickwick. you look at the gps and think "did he really get a bike in there" and sure enough its doable.

Im going to spend the weekend looking and trying to find ug-lee and maybe the bluffs, dunns falls, dlo park
and other interesting places I never knew existed in my home state till I found this thread.

one of the few advantages to working away from home is weekends are free with no family commitments or honey-do lists so I can just get on a bike and go ride,without having to worry about where I wind up at or a set schedule to be home by. I carry a hennessy hammock and a light sleeping bag and will find a out of the way place in the woods and sleep there.

Now that is the spirit I think this game is supposed to invoke!! Reminds of the ST-RANGER guy in the Alabama tag. Anytime he is near a previous tag, he stops and gets a picture just to see why someone else was there and shares it back with everyone in the game. I would like to think, that when possible, our group rides would swing by any previous tag locations in the area of the ride, just to share it with everyone!!!
Old 09-09-2009, 11:01 AM   #845
wolfy317
Beemer lover

Oddometer: 3,425
Quote:

That sounds like the dream to me hehe. Unfortunately my wife is very efficient with her honey do list :(

I'm going for a ride to break-in/try-out my new tires for a few hours, but after that it's chores chores chores chores.

'71 BMW R75/5 | 06 BMW K1200R
wolfy317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:03 AM   #846
wolfy317
Beemer lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR
Now that is the spirit I think this game is supposed to invoke!! Reminds of the ST-RANGER guy in the Alabama tag. Anytime he is near a previous tag, he stops and gets a picture just to see why someone else was there and shares it back with everyone in the game. I would like to think, that when possible, our group rides would swing by any previous tag locations in the area of the ride, just to share it with everyone!!!
You said it! It's all about the adventuring! The tag and mascot are just the bonus!!!

Old 09-09-2009, 11:26 AM   #847
max1138
unsentinent wanderer

Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy317
That sounds like the dream to me hehe. Unfortunately my wife is very efficient with her honey do list :(

I'm going for a ride to break-in/try-out my new tires for a few hours, but after that it's chores chores chores chores.
as I said, this only happens when Im working away from home. At home theres a farm that always needs something done around there, even tree farms have fences to fix and roads to grade and bushogging, I could spend a week on the tractor just clearing brush and prolly need to. thats not including the household stuff or a rental property we are trying to get back into shape after several years neglect by the previous owner. Im marred to a very intelligent driven woman who happens to be an engineer and knows to 5 decimal places exactly what needs to be done, theres always a list...
free weekends are playtime.
max1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:03 PM   #848
tslaw
aged n00b

Oddometer: 2,614
Ug Lee has been enjoying the government cheese all day,

until he was kidnaped by an evil, evil man.

I rescued him/her/it and we're off.
tslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:14 PM   #849
carabnsol
should have been a cowboy

Oddometer: 2,040
Glad to see my tax dollars at work! And don't let James play with Ug Lee, he will just cry when you take it from him.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:34 PM   #850
wolfy317
Beemer lover

Quote:
as I said, this only happens when Im working away from home. At home theres a farm that always needs something done around there, even tree farms have fences to fix and roads to grade and bushogging, I could spend a week on the tractor just clearing brush and prolly need to. thats not including the household stuff or a rental property we are trying to get back into shape after several years neglect by the previous owner. Im marred to a very intelligent driven woman who happens to be an engineer and knows to 5 decimal places exactly what needs to be done, theres always a list...
free weekends are playtime.
I certainly know the feeling. Hope you get some good riding in!!

Old 09-09-2009, 04:18 PM   #851
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy

Oddometer: 5,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by carabnsol
Glad to see my tax dollars at work! And don't let James play with Ug Lee, he will just cry when you take it from him.
I've seen my tax dollars go to worse.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:18 PM   #852
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less

Oddometer: 5,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy317

Shhhhh.

I thought you said no more mention of the tires.

One day I'll get back in this game. Having 2 houses blows goats. One needs work so I can sell it, and one needs work so I can live in it!
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:42 PM   #853
wolfy317
Beemer lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticyclone
Shhhhh.

I thought you said no more mention of the tires.

One day I'll get back in this game. Having 2 houses blows goats. One needs work so I can sell it, and one needs work so I can live in it!
Someone else brought the tires back up earlier. I figured oh well.

Old 09-09-2009, 06:01 PM   #854
DeSotoRoto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy1298
I've seen my tax dollars go to worse.

Hey that is getten kinda personal now.
DeSotoRoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:03 PM   #855
backwoodsKLR OP
Beastly Adventurer

Tag?

IS there a new tag anywhere in all this banter? ? ? ?