ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Pics, pics, pics...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2002, 02:40 PM   #136
cRAsH
Banned

Oddometer: 19,324
Quote:
Originally posted by wxwax

No shit, a local boy. I suspect you don't miss it too much, given the beautiful part of the country in which you now live. But you do know all about the muggy heat!
No kidding - and I'm a sweater. I THINK about humidity and break out in a sweat.

No, I don't miss it at all. I rode back there last year, the drivers are all pissed off and crazy, and the heat was just wilting.

"It ain't the heat - it's the humidity!!"
cRAsH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 03:26 PM   #137
Rod
Wacko Ocker

Oddometer: 5,560
Quote:
Originally posted by Aridriel
hey wxwax, is that an Emu in the background ?
yep,.... close enough

"I told you I was sick" spike milligan 1918-2002
07 DLK V-strom
Ducati 750SS
'Be who you are and say what you feel...Because those that matter... don't mind...And those that mind... don't matter.'
"to succed at the island you must be comfortable in the knowleged that you may leave in a pine box" Joey Dunlop ..RIP
www.Austouring.com
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 03:27 PM   #138
Charlie Brown
Sweeter than YooHoo

Oddometer: 10,411
no dud eit is the heat and the humidity...

Just take 1/4 of the regular population here and set them aside. The remaining 3/4ths have a vendetta against you. Kace Coyote
Charlie Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 06:56 PM   #139
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 74,889
Quote:
Originally posted by Aridriel
hey wxwax, is that an Emu in the background ?
You know, I looked up and there he was. Must have been bored, came over for a friendly look/see.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 06:58 PM   #140
wxwax
Excited Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Charlie Brown
no dud eit is the heat and the humidity...
I agree. Confession: I have a miniscule ride to work, so short I won't even tell you. So lately I ride to work with helmet and gloves only. I hate getting to work all slimed up. I wear the gear coming home. But honestly, I could fall over in the parking lot at work, and land in my garage. 3 nice turns though!

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 07-16-2002, 08:43 PM   #141
Charlie Brown
Sweeter than YooHoo

all right ill bite, im guessing that you work at the weather channel in marietta, and that you liv eat on eof our nice post apt. complexes..... am i right???

Charlie.

By the way we should meet for drinks or something...

Just take 1/4 of the regular population here and set them aside. The remaining 3/4ths have a vendetta against you. Kace Coyote
Old 07-16-2002, 08:50 PM   #142
wxwax
Excited Member

Well, you know your Marietta geography

Yeah, let's meet. At a gun club?

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 07-16-2002, 08:57 PM   #143
Charlie Brown
Sweeter than YooHoo

actually i really like that 90 degree turn up whatever that road is, love taking that at about 50 or so, but not in my jeep...

Charlie

the last time i went shooting down here i got pulled over and almost arested because i had a handgun in the jeep...i was locked up, but as you know there is no trunk to a wrangler, and the cop tried to say it was concealed... when his seargent arrived and foung out what the "crazy guy" with a gun was all about he let me go with a speeding ticket...

Old 07-16-2002, 09:04 PM   #144
wxwax
Excited Member

Quote:
actually i really like that 90 degree turn up whatever that road is, love taking that at about 50 or so, but not in my jeep...
If you're talking about the one at the bottom of the hill on Interstate North Parkway, a short stretch from Global BMW... you're a better man that me, Charlie Brown!:oogle

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 07-16-2002, 09:06 PM   #145
Charlie Brown
Sweeter than YooHoo

my annoying girlfriend is making me ask you if y'all are hiring because i am deperately seeking a job...

Charlie

Old 07-16-2002, 09:10 PM   #146
wxwax
Excited Member

Quote:
my annoying girlfriend is making me ask you if y'all are hiring because i am deperately seeking a job... Charlie
Been laying off, for the first time in the company's history. I think more are coming -- it's an absolutely brutal economy for advertising revenue. The nets are bargains, so they're getting any money that's going, plus maybe the top five cable operations. Which leaves a lot of others scrambling for sales.

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 07-16-2002, 09:13 PM   #147
Charlie Brown
Sweeter than YooHoo

believe me i understand completely the job market for just about everything is ridiculous right now, i cant eb=ven get a job selling weed it is getting so bad...

Charlie

Old 07-16-2002, 09:15 PM   #148
Charlie Brown
Sweeter than YooHoo

damn that fucking = key being so close to the backspace...

Charlie...

anyhoo the lady here is telling me it is time to pay attention to her. so im off for now... ill talk to you later...

Old 07-16-2002, 09:24 PM   #149
wxwax
Excited Member

I'll pm about meeting.

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 07-19-2002, 05:24 PM   #150
wxwax
Excited Member

On the remote chance that anyone's interested in the effects of adding lights to the rear, here are some bad photos.

First up, the rear without brakes applied. I'll screw up the names of the products because it's been a while, but I have Runnlites in the turn signals, two LED bars top and bottom of the license plate, and a back off brake light.

And here's the even worse photo with brakes on and the back off light lit-up.

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan