ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Pics, pics, pics...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 10:07 AM   #7021
8lives
Runnin on wonder
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Shasta County,Calif
Oddometer: 1,621
Love puttin around on my 650 thumper,lotsa places to see.I always say"yours may go fast,but mine will go anywhere".Enjoy whatcha get!
__________________
You can keep your guns,just don't point um at me please!
2013 Wee Strom AKA Miley
1986 XT350 For going places the Wee shouldn't be!
I see the world through KLR eyes
8lives is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #7022
pumpe3
lazy Swede
 
pumpe3's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Oddometer: 52
pumpe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #7023
HairyTowel
New rider
 
HairyTowel's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Israel
Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInmate View Post
You sir are the man, Spyders rock.
Thumbs up for that, I agree!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lives View Post
Hey Hairytowel,you are the guy posting with the new wife on the Vespa,good stuff.
Thanks mate, i've been reading here for quite a while, and finally decided to get out from the shadows ;)
HairyTowel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:47 PM   #7024
southwade
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
southwade's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Inside the Beltway
Oddometer: 1,599

Kawasaki Z1000 by Southwade, on Flickr
__________________
i haz z1000!
southwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:05 PM   #7025
theoneandonlybrooks
Adventurer
 
theoneandonlybrooks's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: Mechanicsburg, Il
Oddometer: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwade View Post

Kawasaki Z1000 by Southwade, on Flickr
What's the effect you do to the photos to get them to look like this?
theoneandonlybrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:22 PM   #7026
southwade
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
southwade's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Inside the Beltway
Oddometer: 1,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneandonlybrooks View Post
What's the effect you do to the photos to get them to look like this?
I shoot RAW format and develop in Lightroom. That's where the magic happens. Hard to explain all the steps, it takes a little while.

EDIT: Also, this is a 20 second exposure on a tripod.
__________________
i haz z1000!
southwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:49 PM   #7027
pierce
Aven'Tourer
 
pierce's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: S'Cruz
Oddometer: 10,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwade View Post
I shoot RAW format and develop in Lightroom. That's where the magic happens. Hard to explain all the steps, it takes a little while..
translation (heh), tweak the shadow and highlight sliders while getting the exposure and contrast range just so, then tweak up the clarity and vibrance til it pops.

if you overdue it, you hit reset, and try again (once I go too deep, I pretty much have to start over, or it will just get weirder and weirder looking to me)
__________________
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
pierce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:59 PM   #7028
southwade
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
southwade's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Inside the Beltway
Oddometer: 1,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce View Post
translation (heh), tweak the shadow and highlight sliders while getting the exposure and contrast range just so, then tweak up the clarity and vibrance til it pops.

if you overdue it, you hit reset, and try again (once I go too deep, I pretty much have to start over, or it will just get weirder and weirder looking to me)
Lol, that's how I used to do it before I learned what the hell I was doing. Haha.
__________________
i haz z1000!
southwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:03 AM   #7029
Cortez
BAZINGA!
 
Cortez's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Croatia
Oddometer: 6,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneandonlybrooks View Post
What's the effect you do to the photos to get them to look like this?
In photoshop or lightroom, this is mostly pumped up saturation and/or
vibrance. Contrast is high on most his pics so that also makes it "pop".

Very easy to do in lightroom since it's a few sliders you move around
and it's easy to figure out how to get what you like.

But shooting RAW is 90% of the process.
__________________
'08 Yamaha FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:45 AM   #7030
southwade
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
southwade's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Inside the Beltway
Oddometer: 1,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez View Post
But shooting RAW is 90% of the process.
__________________
i haz z1000!
southwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:09 AM   #7031
Cortez
BAZINGA!
 
Cortez's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Croatia
Oddometer: 6,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwade View Post

__________________
'08 Yamaha FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:24 AM   #7032
southwade
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
southwade's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Inside the Beltway
Oddometer: 1,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez View Post

Fro. Knows Foto.
__________________
i haz z1000!
southwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:25 AM   #7033
southwade
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
southwade's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Inside the Beltway
Oddometer: 1,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez View Post
He's pretty good.

I like "ThatNikonGuy" better though.
__________________
i haz z1000!
southwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:26 AM   #7034
pierce
Aven'Tourer
 
pierce's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: S'Cruz
Oddometer: 10,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez View Post
In photoshop or lightroom, this is mostly pumped up saturation and/or
vibrance. Contrast is high on most his pics so that also makes it "pop".

Very easy to do in lightroom since it's a few sliders you move around
and it's easy to figure out how to get what you like.

But shooting RAW is 90% of the process.
for sure on the raw. also a newer DSLR, as they have more dynamic range and less noise in the raw image, so you can pull yet more out.
__________________
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
pierce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:55 PM   #7035
Heckmann
Chegadera
 
Heckmann's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Paraná Brasil
Oddometer: 33
Vstrom offroad

[IMG][/IMG]
Heckmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014