Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2011, 01:00 PM   #1546
CrashDummy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by redduck124 View Post
No dual sportin' for me, just tarmac and speed. Stopped on 49 for a short break and tried the HDR setting on the iphone. Not too shabby with a little photoshop help. I guess I need to take the Duck out today or it might get jealous.
Nice. Also, if you want to play with HDR on the iPhone, there are a couple of $2 apps that are a lot better than the built in HDR function.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/trueh...ign-mpt=uo%3D4
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pro-h...ign-mpt=uo%3D4

CrashDummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:03 AM   #1547
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,422
I ain't technical enough to figure out that HDR stuff, but I did score an invitation to a ADV Jacktown Hooligan ride last night...

backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:45 AM   #1548
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
I ain't technical enough to figure out that HDR stuff, but I did score an invitation to a ADV Jacktown Hooligan ride last night...

Playing around downtown in the parking garages will get you some unwelcome company that sport blue lights on top. I speak from personal experience with it. Trouble with the places is "one way in one way out". They gotcha!
WERA Expert #826
RoyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:50 AM   #1549
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyQ View Post
Playing around downtown in the parking garages will get you some unwelcome company that sport blue lights on top. I speak from personal experience with it. Trouble with the places is "one way in one way out". They gotcha!
We stopped and chatted with the Security guy in the hotel parking garage and he RECOMENDED that we go check out the other parking garage at 1 Jackson Place, so we did. There were multiple entrances and exits to the hotel one (spiral going down, ramps going up) and the big Jackson one (capital and amite sides). No blue lights or anything. The only time i got nervous was when one particular individual decided to run the stairs beside the senate office building... i had just watched the security guard go in a porta potty at the end of the block, so I guess he was too tied up to chase us... (i did not like the low ceiling and beams in the One Jackson Place garage!!!)
Old 02-18-2011, 09:18 AM   #1550
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
We stopped and chatted with the Security guy in the hotel parking garage and he RECOMENDED that we go check out the other parking garage at 1 Jackson Place, so we did. There were multiple entrances and exits to the hotel one (spiral going down, ramps going up) and the big Jackson one (capital and amite sides). No blue lights or anything. The only time i got nervous was when one particular individual decided to run the stairs beside the senate office building... i had just watched the security guard go in a porta potty at the end of the block, so I guess he was too tied up to chase us... (i did not like the low ceiling and beams in the One Jackson Place garage!!!)
Well I can certainly say without a doubt that sportbikes are not welcome Yep the low ceiling beams in the one jackson place is creepy even on a lower sportbike. I had jury duty back in the summer and that was one of the designated parking areas. Hal and Mals lot was full so I went to the garage, as sson as I pulling in I instantly knew my big tall truck was a no go I was looking at the beam. It was a nightmare trying to back out with idiots behind me being morons about it. It was at 8 AM peek downtown rush to find a parking spot. We used to hang out at that one all the time on night rides until that one night when JPD showed up and had us all pinned in. We don't go there anymore.
WERA Expert #826
Old 02-18-2011, 09:31 AM   #1551
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

We heard a TON of sport bikes going up I-55 last night! Sounded like the whole herd was out! We also used the break-out-a-nice-camera-and-claim-your-just-taking-pics trick a time or two, also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyQ View Post
Well I can certainly say without a doubt that sportbikes are not welcome Yep the low ceiling beams in the one jackson place is creepy even on a lower sportbike. I had jury duty back in the summer and that was one of the designated parking areas. Hal and Mals lot was full so I went to the garage, as sson as I pulling in I instantly knew my big tall truck was a no go I was looking at the beam. It was a nightmare trying to back out with idiots behind me being morons about it. It was at 8 AM peek downtown rush to find a parking spot. We used to hang out at that one all the time on night rides until that one night when JPD showed up and had us all pinned in. We don't go there anymore.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:37 AM   #1552
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
We heard a TON of sport bikes going up I-55 last night! Sounded like the whole herd was out! We also used the break-out-a-nice-camera-and-claim-your-just-taking-pics trick a time or two, also...
Yea the "pack" loves to ride at night especially during the week nights. I can't hardly do that anymore due to my eyesight being very bad at night and early start for work the next morning.
WERA Expert #826
Old 02-18-2011, 04:47 PM   #1553
wolfy317
Beemer lover

Oddometer: 3,432
Rode out to the refuge to play with the DSLR.

'71 BMW R75/5 | 06 BMW K1200R

wolfy317 screwed with this post 02-18-2011 at 11:22 PM
wolfy317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:35 PM   #1554
tslaw
aged n00b

Oddometer: 2,623
Purdy bike Wolfy.
tslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:01 PM   #1555
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less

Oddometer: 5,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy317 View Post
Rode out to the refuge to play with the DSLR.
Not going to share your shenanigans with the group, eh?
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:56 PM   #1556
wolfy317
Beemer lover

Oddometer: 3,432
What are these shenanigans of which you speak? Surely you don't think a responsible BMW rider would be reduced to any sort of behavior that would be considered less than exemplary....

'71 BMW R75/5 | 06 BMW K1200R

wolfy317 screwed with this post 02-19-2011 at 08:59 AM
wolfy317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:34 PM   #1557
unclejimmy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 428
Quote:
What are these shenanigans of which you speak? Surely you don't think a responsible BMW rider would be reduced to any sort of behavior that would be considered less than exemplary....
when Ya gonna come ride with us ,,,Anti keeps talkin bout a guy called Wolfy,,,come on and lets sling some rocks sometimes....uj
unclejimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:47 PM   #1558
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

BMW riders don't do what?

Or maybe all BMW riders aren't responsible...

backwoodsKLR screwed with this post 02-19-2011 at 07:09 PM
Old 02-19-2011, 07:24 PM   #1559
DavidQ
We Don't Rent Pigs

Oddometer: 2,014
.....and some BMW riders really enjoy their bikes!

Colorado / Utah 2011
NM, CO, UT, AZ 2012
DavidQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:37 PM   #1560
LarryL
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 457
Got out for a short ride today.*
Would have been real short if it had not been for Eeore and his son today *thinks again Eeore.