ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-17-2011, 01:00 PM   #1546
CrashDummy
Beastly Adventurer
 
CrashDummy's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Madison, MS
Oddometer: 1,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by redduck124 View Post
No dual sportin' for me, just tarmac and speed. Stopped on 49 for a short break and tried the HDR setting on the iphone. Not too shabby with a little photoshop help. I guess I need to take the Duck out today or it might get jealous.
Nice. Also, if you want to play with HDR on the iPhone, there are a couple of $2 apps that are a lot better than the built in HDR function.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/trueh...ign-mpt=uo%3D4
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pro-h...ign-mpt=uo%3D4





CrashDummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:03 AM   #1547
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,422
I ain't technical enough to figure out that HDR stuff, but I did score an invitation to a ADV Jacktown Hooligan ride last night...









backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:45 AM   #1548
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer
 
RoyQ's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
I ain't technical enough to figure out that HDR stuff, but I did score an invitation to a ADV Jacktown Hooligan ride last night...









Playing around downtown in the parking garages will get you some unwelcome company that sport blue lights on top. I speak from personal experience with it. Trouble with the places is "one way in one way out". They gotcha!
__________________
2012 YAMAHA Super Ténéré
'11 GSXR750
'11 GSXR1000 racebike
WERA Expert #826
RoyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:50 AM   #1549
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyQ View Post
Playing around downtown in the parking garages will get you some unwelcome company that sport blue lights on top. I speak from personal experience with it. Trouble with the places is "one way in one way out". They gotcha!
We stopped and chatted with the Security guy in the hotel parking garage and he RECOMENDED that we go check out the other parking garage at 1 Jackson Place, so we did. There were multiple entrances and exits to the hotel one (spiral going down, ramps going up) and the big Jackson one (capital and amite sides). No blue lights or anything. The only time i got nervous was when one particular individual decided to run the stairs beside the senate office building... i had just watched the security guard go in a porta potty at the end of the block, so I guess he was too tied up to chase us... (i did not like the low ceiling and beams in the One Jackson Place garage!!!)
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:18 AM   #1550
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer
 
RoyQ's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
We stopped and chatted with the Security guy in the hotel parking garage and he RECOMENDED that we go check out the other parking garage at 1 Jackson Place, so we did. There were multiple entrances and exits to the hotel one (spiral going down, ramps going up) and the big Jackson one (capital and amite sides). No blue lights or anything. The only time i got nervous was when one particular individual decided to run the stairs beside the senate office building... i had just watched the security guard go in a porta potty at the end of the block, so I guess he was too tied up to chase us... (i did not like the low ceiling and beams in the One Jackson Place garage!!!)
Well I can certainly say without a doubt that sportbikes are not welcome Yep the low ceiling beams in the one jackson place is creepy even on a lower sportbike. I had jury duty back in the summer and that was one of the designated parking areas. Hal and Mals lot was full so I went to the garage, as sson as I pulling in I instantly knew my big tall truck was a no go I was looking at the beam. It was a nightmare trying to back out with idiots behind me being morons about it. It was at 8 AM peek downtown rush to find a parking spot. We used to hang out at that one all the time on night rides until that one night when JPD showed up and had us all pinned in. We don't go there anymore.
__________________
2012 YAMAHA Super Ténéré
'11 GSXR750
'11 GSXR1000 racebike
WERA Expert #826
RoyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:31 AM   #1551
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,422
We heard a TON of sport bikes going up I-55 last night! Sounded like the whole herd was out! We also used the break-out-a-nice-camera-and-claim-your-just-taking-pics trick a time or two, also...



Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyQ View Post
Well I can certainly say without a doubt that sportbikes are not welcome Yep the low ceiling beams in the one jackson place is creepy even on a lower sportbike. I had jury duty back in the summer and that was one of the designated parking areas. Hal and Mals lot was full so I went to the garage, as sson as I pulling in I instantly knew my big tall truck was a no go I was looking at the beam. It was a nightmare trying to back out with idiots behind me being morons about it. It was at 8 AM peek downtown rush to find a parking spot. We used to hang out at that one all the time on night rides until that one night when JPD showed up and had us all pinned in. We don't go there anymore.
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:37 AM   #1552
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer
 
RoyQ's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
We heard a TON of sport bikes going up I-55 last night! Sounded like the whole herd was out! We also used the break-out-a-nice-camera-and-claim-your-just-taking-pics trick a time or two, also...
Yea the "pack" loves to ride at night especially during the week nights. I can't hardly do that anymore due to my eyesight being very bad at night and early start for work the next morning.
__________________
2012 YAMAHA Super Ténéré
'11 GSXR750
'11 GSXR1000 racebike
WERA Expert #826
RoyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:47 PM   #1553
wolfy317
Beemer lover
 
wolfy317's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: The Double Humpback
Oddometer: 3,432
Rode out to the refuge to play with the DSLR.

__________________
FLICKR

'71 BMW R75/5 | 06 BMW K1200R

wolfy317 screwed with this post 02-18-2011 at 11:22 PM
wolfy317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:35 PM   #1554
tslaw
aged n00b
 
tslaw's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Vxb, Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,623
Purdy bike Wolfy.
tslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:01 PM   #1555
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less
 
Anticyclone's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: In Transit
Oddometer: 5,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy317 View Post
Rode out to the refuge to play with the DSLR.
Not going to share your shenanigans with the group, eh?
__________________
Later,
Michael
"If I can't pass at a reasonable speed I do it unreasonably." - jdmetzger
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:56 PM   #1556
wolfy317
Beemer lover
 
wolfy317's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: The Double Humpback
Oddometer: 3,432
What are these shenanigans of which you speak? Surely you don't think a responsible BMW rider would be reduced to any sort of behavior that would be considered less than exemplary....
__________________
FLICKR

'71 BMW R75/5 | 06 BMW K1200R

wolfy317 screwed with this post 02-19-2011 at 08:59 AM
wolfy317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:34 PM   #1557
unclejimmy
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Mantee ms
Oddometer: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy317 View Post
What are these shenanigans of which you speak? Surely you don't think a responsible BMW rider would be reduced to any sort of behavior that would be considered less than exemplary....
when Ya gonna come ride with us ,,,Anti keeps talkin bout a guy called Wolfy,,,come on and lets sling some rocks sometimes....uj
unclejimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:47 PM   #1558
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy317 View Post
What are these shenanigans of which you speak? Surely you don't think a responsible BMW rider would be reduced to any sort of behavior that would be considered less than exemplary....

BMW riders don't do what?




Or maybe all BMW riders aren't responsible...



backwoodsKLR screwed with this post 02-19-2011 at 07:09 PM
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:24 PM   #1559
DavidQ
We Don't Rent Pigs
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Brandon, MS
Oddometer: 2,014
.....and some BMW riders really enjoy their bikes!





__________________
2001 1150GS / Ural Hack
2011 990 Adv R
Colorado / Utah 2010
Colorado / Utah 2011
NM, CO, UT, AZ 2012
DavidQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:37 PM   #1560
LarryL
Gnarly Adventurer
 
LarryL's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Central Ms
Oddometer: 457
Got out for a short ride today.*
Would have been real short if it had not been for Eeore and his son today *thinks again Eeore.


__________________
'09 BMW R1200GS
'06 SUZUKI DR650SE
LarryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014