ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-18-2011, 08:25 PM   #2446
MSrider
Rebel with a sixfiddy
 
MSrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Florence, Mizzippi
Oddometer: 4,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supahflid View Post
Hell no, this ain't like the boat! I like riding motorcycles!
You like boating too, I just can't figure out which one your better at....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticyclone View Post
So we stayed at Ground Zero Blues Club last night. Listened to a mediocre blues band with an exceptional bass player. Stayed up waaay too late, but when you're sleeping above the bar, you might as well shut it down.

As might be expected after such a good time, we snoozed for a bit longer than intended. Then I looked at the radar. Rain on the way! So it was out of bed and on the road within 1/2 an hour.

Thankfully the bike was still where I left it around the side of the building. However it also was covered with flies due to the proximity to the kitchen exhaust fan. So I pulled it 'round front and loaded up:



A few drops of rain were falling already, so we abandoned our scenic route and rolled east away from the weather. Made one stop:



We (well, I) thought about riding under this guy.



Still gray and occasional drizzle:



Hwy 35. To the east, not the Delta:



Hwy 35. To the west, The Delta:



Beginning of Cascilla Rd, Happy!:



Not happy:



Like I said, NOT happy. This was not a friendly "ADV salute." This was a "go to hell my ass hurts put the camera away salute."



All in all, once the sore butt went away and we had a nap, all was forgiven. This may be the beginning of a good thing...
Y'all have all the fun. Looks like a great weekend even with mediocre blues tunes.
__________________
KOKA
MSrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:21 PM   #2447
Supahflid
Wheelieless
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Brandon, MS
Oddometer: 3,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticyclone View Post
So we stayed at Ground Zero Blues Club last night. Listened to a mediocre blues band with an exceptional bass player. Stayed up waaay too late, but when you're sleeping above the bar, you might as well shut it down.

As might be expected after such a good time, we snoozed for a bit longer than intended. Then I looked at the radar. Rain on the way! So it was out of bed and on the road within 1/2 an hour.

Thankfully the bike was still where I left it around the side of the building. However it also was covered with flies due to the proximity to the kitchen exhaust fan. So I pulled it 'round front and loaded up:



A few drops of rain were falling already, so we abandoned our scenic route and rolled east away from the weather. Made one stop:



We (well, I) thought about riding under this guy.



Still gray and occasional drizzle:



Hwy 35. To the east, not the Delta:



Hwy 35. To the west, The Delta:



Beginning of Cascilla Rd, Happy!:



Not happy:



Like I said, NOT happy. This was not a friendly "ADV salute." This was a "go to hell my ass hurts put the camera away salute."



All in all, once the sore butt went away and we had a nap, all was forgiven. This may be the beginning of a good thing...
Looks like a great trip! Would you stay there again? That sounds like a really good time. Tell Antiwife hello for me!
Supahflid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:22 PM   #2448
Supahflid
Wheelieless
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Brandon, MS
Oddometer: 3,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy1298 View Post
It's the flat chest, isn't it???
And the beard.
Supahflid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:39 AM   #2449
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less
 
Anticyclone's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: In Transit
Oddometer: 5,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supahflid View Post
Looks like a great trip! Would you stay there again? That sounds like a really good time. Tell Antiwife hello for me!
Yeah, I'd stay there again. The bed was not the best and you will NOT get to sleep before the band calls it quits, but it makes for a pretty good experience. They have cameras that cover the parking lot, so at least you will see who steals your bike.
__________________
Later,
Michael
"If I can't pass at a reasonable speed I do it unreasonably." - jdmetzger
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:25 AM   #2450
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer
 
RoyQ's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,131
Nice ride on sunday, great group of riding buddies, nice lunch at Silverstar, nice gravel near lost gap and meridian, dust was tough my sinus hurt today, did 100 mph the whole way home on I-20 when we split, I LOVE my big YAMAHA!!

Only took one pic all day and here it is
__________________
2012 YAMAHA Super Ténéré
'11 GSXR750
'11 GSXR1000 racebike
WERA Expert #826
RoyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:54 AM   #2451
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,422
Oh, that was where Greg had to split off to go wash his bike?

There are many more good roads in that area, a real maze of gravel roads!

(Ran off and forgot my memory card reader or I'd upload the 3 pics I took...)


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyQ View Post
Nice ride on sunday, great group of riding buddies, nice lunch at Silverstar, nice gravel near lost gap and meridian, dust was tough my sinus hurt today, did 100 mph the whole way home on I-20 when we split, I LOVE my big YAMAHA!!

Only took one pic all day and here it is
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:14 AM   #2452
CrashDummy
Beastly Adventurer
 
CrashDummy's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Madison, MS
Oddometer: 1,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
(Ran off and forgot my memory card reader or I'd upload the 3 pics I took...)
Get it together Peaches2, post some pics
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by garandman
If you posted a thread on Face Plant that you crashed because an eagle attacked your helmet, you'd get five people saying how you should know better than to paint your helmet _________ and another five who will suggest you should have taken the MSF Eagle Avoidance course. Then another five will say the Eagle Avoidance Course sucks....
CrashDummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:26 AM   #2453
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashDummy View Post
Get it together Peaches2, post some pics

It's not like I had $1000 in camera equipment and was taking semi-pro action shots of riders that will never been seen... Just a couple of used Super Tenere's, a green KLR, and some other people....
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:36 AM   #2454
tslaw
aged n00b
 
tslaw's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Vxb, Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,623
Anti,
Should have told us about the bass player so you could have had some fans there.
tslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:50 AM   #2455
CrashDummy
Beastly Adventurer
 
CrashDummy's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Madison, MS
Oddometer: 1,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
It's not like I had $1000 in camera equipment and was taking semi-pro action shots of riders that will never been seen... Just a couple of used Super Tenere's, a green KLR, and some other people....
I'll cut you a little slack, only because I brought my helmet cam and forgot to charge the battery, so in 4+ hours of riding I managed to get 35 minutes of video before it died. I did get 5:30 of Ninja on gravel action though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by garandman
If you posted a thread on Face Plant that you crashed because an eagle attacked your helmet, you'd get five people saying how you should know better than to paint your helmet _________ and another five who will suggest you should have taken the MSF Eagle Avoidance course. Then another five will say the Eagle Avoidance Course sucks....
CrashDummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:03 AM   #2456
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,422
Fine! (borrowed one from CyberVlad)

here is the smiling Gravel Ninjer!!!


Rev Jeffrides, leading us to the alter of overeating and buffett


What do you have to say about that, Jeff?


The dust trail from the Gemini Teneres running side by side...




And it's not a ride until someone has to tighten something on a KLR!!!
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:26 AM   #2457
CrashDummy
Beastly Adventurer
 
CrashDummy's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Madison, MS
Oddometer: 1,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
Fine! (borrowed one from CyberVlad)

here is the smiling Gravel Ninjer!!!
When I played the video back at 1.5x speed it looks like I was keeping a good pace on the gravel, then when it gets back to pavement looks like I hit warp 9
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by garandman
If you posted a thread on Face Plant that you crashed because an eagle attacked your helmet, you'd get five people saying how you should know better than to paint your helmet _________ and another five who will suggest you should have taken the MSF Eagle Avoidance course. Then another five will say the Eagle Avoidance Course sucks....
CrashDummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:42 AM   #2458
jeffrides
mid aged youngun
 
jeffrides's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: jackson hole , mississippi
Oddometer: 161
tighten naa, weld yeah... shifter gave up from the abusive size 13 and big boy pounding it for 30000 miles. local welder, tommy shack and $15 ,,fixed! air filter was bad dirty as was everything else,including me. all clean now.

the old boy getting new chain and sprokets soon,fresh oil and filter, maybe even a blue paint job,,,,

naaa

jeffridesdirty
jeffrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:47 AM   #2459
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrides View Post
tighten naa, weld yeah... shifter gave up from the abusive size 13 and big boy pounding it for 30000 miles. local welder, tommy shack and $15 ,,fixed! air filter was bad dirty as was everything else,including me. all clean now.

the old boy getting new chain and sprokets soon,fresh oil and filter, maybe even a blue paint job,,,,

naaa

jeffridesdirty
I need to get an air filter for the Wee on order. and figure out how to get to it...
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:49 AM   #2460
CrashDummy
Beastly Adventurer
 
CrashDummy's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Madison, MS
Oddometer: 1,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
I need to get an air filter for the Wee on order. and figure out how to get to it...
I can show you that part, pretty easy if you have a helper.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by garandman
If you posted a thread on Face Plant that you crashed because an eagle attacked your helmet, you'd get five people saying how you should know better than to paint your helmet _________ and another five who will suggest you should have taken the MSF Eagle Avoidance course. Then another five will say the Eagle Avoidance Course sucks....
CrashDummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014