Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #3136
tslaw
aged n00b

Oddometer: 2,601
Great ride Switch. Two up on a muddy Shafer road on the FZ1.
tslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:09 PM   #3137
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by tslaw View Post
Great ride Switch. Two up on a muddy Shafer road on the FZ1.

Yeah and with her not holding on to me but holding the camera over my shoulder. Only got squirly in two of the mud holes. Mostly the one that had water up to the foot pegs.

She's got really good at ridding with me. She knows how to move around and not cause problems. we are working on getting her photos up on here.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:39 PM   #3138
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,199
Cool pics Switch. I did Shaifer 2 up on KLR with 2wheeldreb 2 up on a FZ1 a year or two back. Still one of my favorite roads!

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
backwoodsKLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:59 PM   #3139
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Yeah i love it. but it was a little wet for my tires. I've got to give the FZ a good bath tomorrow after work. Stefs pics will be up tomorrow.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:12 PM   #3140
unclejimmy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 422
I am Back

Well I finally got back on the forum.....I lost my real idenity but Uncle Jimmy is now olerider 1943....I have been lurking for the past month or three.....Been keepin up with you guys and doin a good bit of ridin in my area..
.Did I DREAM that Knightwork .is ridin a BMW.......Well Congrats on the new bike,,,,,We will have to get up a ride....
Maybe I can figure out the Pic Posting Option......olerider
unclejimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:18 PM   #3141
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,199
Hey Uncle Olerider! KW and I were wondering about you at tech day... had not heard from you in a while!

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
backwoodsKLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:51 PM   #3142
Knightwork
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 858
Hey Ole Rider/UJ---yep got a GSA ---It's DavidQ's fault-----have turned right at 6000 miles on it since 03-10-2012

me and the big german girl are having a blast-----dropped it at a standstill on one of the rides--got crossways and tried to stop--well that worked ok until the red clay and my foot slid out ---but NO FEAR BW was there and helped me get her back in line----just a little mud-------BW and I wondered what had happened to you --glad you're alright and look forward to riding with you again

Later David

'09 R1200GSA (Frau Brueller)
Knightwork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:14 PM   #3143
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

ok Stefs account on here wont get activated so I'm going to up load her pics for her real fast.

A close up of the iron work at Windsor

old country store

Shafer road over my shoulder.

take note of the gas gauge here...

over her shoulder.

and the falls

Switchblade315 screwed with this post 04-23-2012 at 06:29 PM
Old 04-23-2012, 06:32 PM   #3144
unclejimmy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightwork View Post
Hey Ole Rider/UJ---yep got a GSA ---It's DavidQ's fault-----have turned right at 6000 miles on it since 03-10-2012

me and the big german girl are having a blast-----dropped it at a standstill on one of the rides--got crossways and tried to stop--well that worked ok until the red clay and my foot slid out ---but NO FEAR BW was there and helped me get her back in line----just a little mud-------BW and I wondered what had happened to you --glad you're alright and look forward to riding with you again

Later David
Nice to hear you and BW was wondering about me.....I forgot my password and lot of crap to get back in the graces of this f group,,,,,Anti tried to help me but they blocked him, so I just reregisterted and gained a new IDENITY but I am th same old uncle jimmy......I was considering a surprise visit to Tech day but honney do stuff was building up,.,,, and it was cold,,,,I just ride my bikes and dont mess with them ,,,,,,,
6000 miles since march is a lot of miles,,,,,,have you retired??????David Q must have really had a deal for you.....I guess you cant have too many bikes,,,,,ya gonna keep the KLR????next time you wanna ride ,,,,lets meet somewhere tween here and Your place, and do some exploring,,,,,, olerider /UJ
unclejimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:48 PM   #3145
Knightwork
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerider1943 View Post
Nice to hear you and BW was wondering about me.....I forgot my password and lot of crap to get back in the graces of this f group,,,,,Anti tried to help me but they blocked him, so I just reregisterted and gained a new IDENITY but I am th same old uncle jimmy......I was considering a surprise visit to Tech day but honney do stuff was building up,.,,, and it was cold,,,,I just ride my bikes and dont mess with them ,,,,,,,
6000 miles since march is a lot of miles,,,,,,have you retired??????David Q must have really had a deal for you.....I guess you cant have too many bikes,,,,,ya gonna keep the KLR????next time you wanna ride ,,,,lets meet somewhere tween here and Your place, and do some exploring,,,,,, olerider /UJ
Anytime --Maybe you could try to bring that COLLEGE BOY down with you and get him out and about some before that baby finishes him for good

Don't know about the KLR just yet it sure is getting lonely sitting there in the shop by the toolbox---main problem is that my 18 yr old daughter(she keeps drooling and making funny sounds when she gets by it) seems to think that I'm supposed to teach her how to ridebut I think that I will get DQ and Trophy to do it if it happens----That way she can learn from a Big Man and get professional evaluation at the same time----That might be good --free mind control

The miles are coming from STRESS RELIEF

Old 04-23-2012, 08:01 PM   #3146
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Hey KW I'm going to have to get Stef one from the looks of things. Teach her to ride so Stef wont be the only female ridding up this way.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:02 PM   #3147
ReadySetGo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Great pics Switch and Stef. Where is this windsor place at? I know there are some gps tracks shared by some of y'all on dualsportmaps.com, but I can't seem to figure out where some of the pics were taken. It looks like shafer road would be a blast Is there a link anywhere that anyone has started for MS gps tracks that shows the locations of some of these roads? I don't mind getting lost but it would be great to know in which county.

Thanks for sharing.
1996 Honda Magna 750
2006 Honda XR650L
ReadySetGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #3148
Knightwork
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadySetGo View Post
Great pics Switch and Stef. Where is this windsor place at? I know there are some gps tracks shared by some of y'all on dualsportmaps.com, but I can't seem to figure out where some of the pics were taken. It looks like shafer road would be a blast Is there a link anywhere that anyone has started for MS gps tracks that shows the locations of some of these roads? I don't mind getting lost but it would be great to know in which county.

Thanks for sharing.
All you have to do is get Backwoods to shoot you the GPS stuff---he has probably been there enough his bike know the way without him on em

Old 04-23-2012, 08:08 PM   #3149
ReadySetGo
Adventurer

Quote:
Anytime --Maybe you could try to bring that COLLEGE BOY down with you and get him out and about some before that baby finishes him for good

Don't know about the KLR just yet it sure is getting lonely sitting there in the shop by the toolbox---main problem is that my 18 yr old daughter(she keeps drooling and making funny sounds when she gets by it) seems to think that I'm supposed to teach her how to ridebut I think that I will get DQ and Trophy to do it if it happens----That way she can learn from a Big Man and get professional evaluation at the same time----That might be good --free mind control

The miles are coming from STRESS RELIEF
Hey KW, our daughter got her first bike at 14. and I was really scared at first but she is 20 now and does really well. After getting past the moments, you two will have a blast. We have made it a family thing and it is awesome. Good luck
1996 Honda Magna 750
2006 Honda XR650L
Old 04-23-2012, 08:11 PM   #3150
ReadySetGo
Adventurer

Quote:
All you have to do is get Backwoods to shoot you the GPS stuff---he has probably been there enough his bike know the way without him on em
Thanks, I will have to send him a message or if he is reading this can you please send me the gps stuff pretty please. Thank you, and I am always looking for new locations in dirt to fall down.
1996 Honda Magna 750
2006 Honda XR650L