ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-22-2012, 04:59 AM   #3301
Knightwork
Studly Adventurer
 
Knightwork's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Knight View Post
I may be a bit shorter, but im smarter,I went around through the woods..
Well Red Knight it is good to know that you brought him up right ---
He really likes a challenge doesn't he

I do have a question though-----

the pic with the vines on the bike ???????

Didn't you, at some point in your life tell him that a motorcycle (even a KTM) is not a farm tractor??
__________________

'09 R1200GSA (Frau Brueller)
Knightwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:00 AM   #3302
DavidQ
We Don't Rent Pigs
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Brandon, MS
Oddometer: 2,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightwork View Post
Well Red Knight it is good to know that you brought him up right ---
He really likes a challenge doesn't he

I do have a question though-----

the pic with the vines on the bike ???????

Didn't you, at some point in your life tell him that a motorcycle (even a KTM) is not a farm tractor??

I can't answer for Red Knight but I will tell you my side. I had gotten the bike stuck several times and it took all of our efforts to to get it out, every time. We finally decided the woods would be a better option. However, it was still a little wet and now we had to deal with huge roots. I was completely exhausted! When I finally got the bike rolling, I had no intention of stopping until I was on top of the hill. I fully expected to get hung up in the vines but luckily I had enough momentum to break through them.
__________________
2001 1150GS / Ural Hack
2011 990 Adv R
Colorado / Utah 2010
Colorado / Utah 2011
NM, CO, UT, AZ 2012
DavidQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:31 PM   #3303
Knightwork
Studly Adventurer
 
Knightwork's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 910
I can imagine after looking at what and where ya'll went----fun finding those deep tracks for a time or two -but then it get tiring after a while
__________________

'09 R1200GSA (Frau Brueller)
Knightwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:32 PM   #3304
Red Knight
Adventurer
 
Red Knight's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Louisiana
Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightwork View Post
Well Red Knight it is good to know that you brought him up right ---
He really likes a challenge doesn't he

I do have a question though-----

the pic with the vines on the bike ???????

Didn't you, at some point in your life tell him that a motorcycle (even a KTM) is not a farm tractor??
I must admit, I am probably part cause for that do or die attitude. So to me his behavior seems perfectly normal.. For some reason our DNA pushes us to conquer, sometimes costly, but always huge fun. I have plowed a few trails in my day..
Red Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:43 PM   #3305
Red Knight
Adventurer
 
Red Knight's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Louisiana
Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidQ View Post
I can't answer for Red Knight but I will tell you my side. I had gotten the bike stuck several times and it took all of our efforts to to get it out, every time. We finally decided the woods would be a better option. However, it was still a little wet and now we had to deal with huge roots. I was completely exhausted! When I finally got the bike rolling, I had no intention of stopping until I was on top of the hill. I fully expected to get hung up in the vines but luckily I had enough momentum to break through them.
We were both pooped.. That thing was STUCK all three times.. our size gave us an advantage, but a winch would have been Ideal. When I saw DQ lay down in the shade, I still had to walk over and try to sneak the other bike around. Thankfully I was able to get around most of it, but still pushing the Husky from the side working the throttle and clutch. When the back tire hit hard ground, I jumped on to try to conquer the last 400 feet of steep climb.-- Side hilling, because it was too steep to go straight up. But I would try it again in a minute..
Red Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:46 PM   #3306
Red Knight
Adventurer
 
Red Knight's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Louisiana
Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightwork View Post
I can imagine after looking at what and where ya'll went----fun finding those deep tracks for a time or two -but then it get tiring after a while
We were very glad do see dirt road to get some air moving.. soaked with sweat and exhausted, it was like riding with A/C..
Red Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:54 PM   #3307
rdkisner
gearhead issues
 
rdkisner's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: The Mississippi Alluvial Plain Baird, Ms
Oddometer: 343
Lake Enid area, picked up the MS tag from Billy's Creek. Just a great day to be on the bike.






















__________________
Bluffsriders ,Hot Coffee Riders
FJR 1300, KTM 400xcw, KTM 450xcw
KLR 650 My Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/rdkisner?feature=mhee
http://www.bluffsriders.com/

rdkisner screwed with this post 05-22-2012 at 08:23 PM
rdkisner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:58 AM   #3308
antpatterson
XR650L_High_Runner
 
antpatterson's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: South MS
Oddometer: 378
First video of beginning my ride to my riding area. Just a nice jump in it is all. This is from several days ago, got more videos to get on here but one needs editing because I left the cam on while taking a leak




__________________
2009 XR650L (100+k miles)
2008 Qlink XP200 (60k miles)
2006 CRF250r (traded)
XR80r
2008 XCRW450
antpatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:59 AM   #3309
rdkisner
gearhead issues
 
rdkisner's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: The Mississippi Alluvial Plain Baird, Ms
Oddometer: 343
You are blessed to have that much area to ride so close to your house.
__________________
Bluffsriders ,Hot Coffee Riders
FJR 1300, KTM 400xcw, KTM 450xcw
KLR 650 My Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/rdkisner?feature=mhee
http://www.bluffsriders.com/
rdkisner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:01 AM   #3310
antpatterson
XR650L_High_Runner
 
antpatterson's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: South MS
Oddometer: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkisner View Post
You are blessed to have that much area to ride so close to your house.

If only I was blessed with steetable riders to ride with rather than MX'ers and sportbike friends
__________________
2009 XR650L (100+k miles)
2008 Qlink XP200 (60k miles)
2006 CRF250r (traded)
XR80r
2008 XCRW450
antpatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #3311
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer
 
RoyQ's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,138
Not in m'ssippi today



6 more days and yep we've had a few camper issues imagine that made in the us of A. All is good enjoying the time off.
__________________
2012 YAMAHA Super Ténéré
'11 GSXR750
'11 GSXR1000 racebike
WERA Expert #826
RoyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:52 PM   #3312
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less
 
Anticyclone's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: In Transit
Oddometer: 5,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyQ View Post
Not in m'ssippi today



6 more days and yep we've had a few camper issues imagine that made in the us of A. All is good enjoying the time off.

Well where are ya? Looks mighty green to be headed out west.
__________________
Later,
Michael
"If I can't pass at a reasonable speed I do it unreasonably." - jdmetzger
Anticyclone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:23 PM   #3313
Trophy1298 OP
Vicarious Cowboy
 
Trophy1298's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: THE SOUTH
Oddometer: 5,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticyclone View Post
Well where are ya? Looks mighty green to be headed out west.
looks like GA, TN, or NC?
__________________
I'll be back....
Trophy1298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:49 AM   #3314
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer
 
RoyQ's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticyclone View Post
Well where are ya? Looks mighty green to be headed out west.
West trip is in August. Currently in western NC. Basically this was a trip to get the American made house to show it's build quality flaws, that didn't take to long nice here though regardless, the back door view complete with soothing sounds. No bugs there is a screen there
__________________
2012 YAMAHA Super Ténéré
'11 GSXR750
'11 GSXR1000 racebike
WERA Expert #826
RoyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:40 PM   #3315
Knightwork
Studly Adventurer
 
Knightwork's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 910
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyQ View Post
West trip is in August. Currently in western NC. Basically this was a trip to get the American made house to show it's build quality flaws, that didn't take to long nice here though regardless, the back door view complete with soothing sounds. No bugs there is a screen there
I'll bet the sound of the stream would put anybody right on off to sleep at night

what trouble are you having with the toy hauler
__________________

'09 R1200GSA (Frau Brueller)
Knightwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014