User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 12:10 PM   #3976
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,171
Good ride Supah

I ended up with 300 miles on the day. I was home by 3:30 after leaving y'all near Vaiden. 55 south was a blur at 100 with a miserable 36 mpg never caught vfrgreg since he jumped on 51.

It was great to end a ride with no flat, no loose spokes and no crash however that sand section we rode TWICE gave the big blue pig fits.

Let's line up and do it again soon
WERA Expert #826
RoyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:49 PM   #3977
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,482
I got home way quicker than expected when we peeled off after Sonic.

It was like 14 miles to I-55, then 35 miles of interstate to the trace exit in Ridgeland where we split up. So it's not too far and I don't think to go that direction too often, except for MSHCT!

backwoodsKLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #3978
Supahflid
Wheelieless

Oddometer: 3,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyQ View Post
I ended up with 300 miles on the day. I was home by 3:30 after leaving y'all near Vaiden. 55 south was a blur at 100 with a miserable 36 mpg never caught vfrgreg since he jumped on 51.

It was great to end a ride with no flat, no loose spokes and no crash however that sand section we rode TWICE gave the big blue pig fits.

Let's line up and do it again soon

Thanks! I kept expecting something happen cause we kept talking about it! Glad we weren't having to do any repairs on the side of the road. It was a good day.
Supahflid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:10 PM   #3979
Kingsized
Kingsized Adventurer

Oddometer: 773
KW and I headed south to Natchez for the monthly BMW meeting. I swear on the way, I almost hit four birds. One was a hawk that came within 18" of me. I thought I was going to eat it for lunch.

We ended up camping at Clear Springs Campground down in the Homochitto National Forrest. It's a very nice campground and I plan to go back soon with the wife and daughter. There are a lot of gravel and dirt roads in the area. We only had a chance to ride a short section of unpaved road because the rain was moving in and we had a long ride back.
Kingsized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:41 PM   #3980
Knightwork
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 976
Great camping spot and great company----

on the way back I stopped by and saw the GentleGiant (DQ)-----seems bored -still hurts-and allaround feeling pain---

other than that he was in good shape--

'09 R1200GSA (Frau Brueller)
Knightwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:25 PM   #3981
Trophy1298 OP
Vicarious Cowboy

Oddometer: 5,511
Took off on the Trophy right after lunch (was south of Raymond for a meeting) and rode all afternoon. OPGR to PG, out to the Nuke power plant, a few indian mounds, an old church or 4 and some nasty (from all the recent rain) dirt roads to get to some of these.

Went old school. No GPS (it was mounted but not turned on), no trying to get good pics, just simply riding and letting the road clear my mind.

Had a deer jump out on OPGR that got my attention. But nothing else too interesting. Had to get back to the paved since the Trophy is not a fan of sloppy mud, but there are plenty of great paved ones down that way.

Happy VD to me.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #3982
tslaw
aged n00b

Oddometer: 2,625
Did some delta wind riding today.

tslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:22 PM   #3983
990 trailblazer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy1298 View Post
Took off on the Trophy right after lunch (was south of Raymond for a meeting) and rode all afternoon. OPGR to PG, out to the Nuke power plant, a few indian mounds, an old church or 4 and some nasty (from all the recent rain) dirt roads to get to some of these.

Went old school. No GPS (it was mounted but not turned on), no trying to get good pics, just simply riding and letting the road clear my mind.

Had a deer jump out on OPGR that got my attention. But nothing else too interesting. Had to get back to the paved since the Trophy is not a fan of sloppy mud, but there are plenty of great paved ones down that way.

Happy VD to me.
do yall think he really went riding? I'v not heard anyone say they actuall saw him ride since the last rally. Maybe he really believes he is riding. Does anyone know a good shrink he could talk to?
990 trailblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:28 PM   #3984
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by 990 trailblazer View Post
do yall think he really went riding? I'v not heard anyone say they actuall saw him ride since the last rally. Maybe he really believes he is riding. Does anyone know a good shrink he could talk to?

Is "good shrink" an oxymoron??

backwoodsKLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #3985
tslaw
aged n00b

Quote:
I've seen his bike by an old church in the area

Old 02-17-2013, 09:04 PM   #3986
990 trailblazer
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslaw View Post
I've seen his bike by an old church in the area

could be he is storing his bike there so people will see it and think he is out riding
Old 02-17-2013, 09:51 PM   #3987
tslaw
aged n00b

He spares no expense then. Here's a photo of the old Trophy at White Sands National Monument on its way home from Sturgis via Monarch Pass and Pikes Peak.

(of course Ricky was riding it at the time )
Old 02-17-2013, 10:15 PM   #3988
Trophy1298 OP
Vicarious Cowboy

Oddometer: 5,511
Quote:
I pay some guy to ride it and take pics. I didn't pay him what he wanted the other day, so he didn't give me the pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
Is "good shrink" an oxymoron??
Coming from the king of the oxy morons, it must be true.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:05 AM   #3989
990 trailblazer
Adventurer

[QUOTE=Trophy1298;20750036]I pay some guy to ride it and take pics. I didn't pay him what he wanted the other day, so he didn't give me the pics.

AHH HA I knew we would get to the bottom of this. You should know better than trying to fool a bunch of intelectal giants like us
Old 02-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #3990
tslaw
aged n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy1298 View Post
I pay some guy to ride it and take pics. I didn't pay him what he wanted the other day, so he didn't give me the pics.
Sorry Trophy. Your VD post just reminded me of all the fun rides I've had following and leading Ricky around on that Trophy that were typical of your ride. Since his life has changed with new responsibilities, we don't get out as often together - fond memories. We rode together a couple of weeks ago for the first time in a year and it was like old times. It's really hard to balance all your passions in life. We all ride when we can between other commitments.