Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2015, 08:22 PM   #1
TourFrank OP
n00b

Oddometer: 1
China - A Trip through the South-West of China

Hi everybody :)

Im pretty new here but i wanna share my first short tour report ..

In November last year Ive been on a guided motorcycle tour in southwest China and simply so excited that I would like to share a few impressions and photos with you. Its not that easy to drive through China by yourself, and for those who are only off for a few weeks every year its propbably the best way to explore this amazing country!
For two weeks we drove across Yunnan. The Tiger Leaping Gorge, rice terraces, Shangri-la, and a Tibetan village accommodation were just some of the highlights!

For those who are interested: I booked the trip with TibetMoto and have nothing but positive to say. An absolutely exciting and unique journey !! I found some youtube videos , worth watching!
( http://www.tibetmoto.de / https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7L...OMQoO4FbCJeHXA )

Anyway..I took the plane at the 11th of November, got to Dali at the 13th and our Tour started at the 14th from Dali.

Lets have a look :)

Dali Southgate- The evening before our trip

Fields around Dali

And here we go! Getting on the bikes and head north. Bright sunshine makes the first day perfect.
Only the 2 of us, a friend of mine and myself..

Road is blocked by some goats or cows.. Chinas countryside

Along rice terraces..

... to our first overnightstay in Shaxi. An very old and small village.

Chinese gas station close to Shaxi. Looks a little different than usual.
Fill it up - Nex Stop Tiger Leaping Gorge!

What a view ?!

The Tiger Leaping Gorge is truly an adventure.
Winding mountain roads through the gorge, surrounded by the 5500 meter high Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Range. Really spectacular. We spent the night in a guest house with a view over the mountains and the canyon. Stunning!

Next day we drove through mountainous landscape towards the Tibetan Plateau (Shangri-la).

White Water Terraces in Baishuitai ...

.. holy water, which is guarded around the clock by locals.

A 3700 meter high pass: Welcome to the Himalaya. Next stop Shangri-la!

Old town and over the roofs of Shangri-la. This spiritual and famous city has its name for a reason. Situated on just under 3200 meters, it gets pretty cold and fresh during night time :P

One of, if not the largest prayer wheel in the world! An inspiring city!

From Shangri-la, we drove further north to a small Tibetan village where we stayed with a Tibetan familiy and celebrated a bit. A unique, memorable and indescribable experience!

4500 Meter high Pass - Air is getting thinner

Living room

Back to the south, along the Yangtze River, through traffic "calming" little old towns and one of the many "short time under construction" streets of China.

After a few kilometers across Yunnan and some time on the road, our tour comes slowly to the end ..
Back in Dali and only a few days in China left, but still enough time for a drive around the lake Erhai (Dali is located on a 45 kilometer long lake) and a hike on the "mountain" ..

The last pictures of our trip to China..

Eine Bootsfahrt die ist lustig, eine Bootsfahrt die ist schön..

Lukas, on of our guides

On Top of Dali

And all good things coming to an end..

What else is there to say at the end ??

Two incredible weeks with stunning landscapes and a lot of fun. Definitely be back in a bit. A great travel destination, especially with the bike.
Someones interested in a Trans-Tibet Tour ? :P

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the pictures! :)

greetings

Frank
TourFrank is offline   Reply With Quote