Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2013, 09:05 PM   #2056
Merfman
Trustin' my cape...

Oddometer: 831
Before...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merfman View Post
Just picked this up today for my winter project. Any/all advice/suggestions welcome as this is my first rebuild.

After...
Merfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #2057
miahsail
Broke@$$

Oddometer: 3
wip

Just picked this out of a shed 15000 miles even has the key for $120 everything is accounted for just needs to be put together. last time it ran was 1996 massage her abused heart, threw lightning into her soul, put blood into her veins, and she breathed fire aka cleaned the carbs hooked up a battery put clean gas in and it fired right up!
miahsail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #2058
richarddacat
helmet full of Blues

Oddometer: 3,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by miahsail View Post
Had it been sitting since 96 with the valve cover off?
Old 04-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #2059
miahsail
Broke@$$

Oddometer: 3
IDK but took me a couple hours of scrubbing, and I took out a lot of crud. But I think the crud saved it because it was soaked in oil so the rust was just slight surface.

miahsail screwed with this post 04-02-2013 at 08:31 PM
miahsail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #2060
davek181
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 813
free bike
davek181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:58 PM   #2061
jsalman93
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by davek181 View Post
free bike
Do tell

2006 Yamaha FZ6
1992 Suzuki Gs500e (in progress)
jsalman93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:24 AM   #2062
Dorzok
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,778
Quote:
free bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsalman93 View Post
Do tell
yes, i'd like to hear about the white speedster too.

jk. isn't that little 50cc Yami promotional thingy bike?
Dorzok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #2063
davek181
Studly Adventurer

Yeah it is a Yamaha RX50 promo bike that was built to look like their midnight specials. Each dealer got one to raffle off in order to bring people into the showroom to look at the bigger bikes for sale.

The bike was parked in a corner of the building I rented for my business when I changed locations. I pushed it from corner corner a couple of years and finally did a title search to try to find the owner. Turns out he was a good customer of mine. He said he sold it at a garage sale years ago, but couldn't find the title at the time though did later. In Idaho the last registered owner is the owner regardless of alleged sales. I told him that and even mentioned that if he wanted to be cruel he could claim it legally. He declined and brought the title down to me the next day signed and legal. I offered him money for it, "name a reasonable price" I said. He told me "no, I have already sold it once." Nice guy.

I cleaned the carb and fixed a couple of things and now it is my fun little parts runner. Revs to 10,000 RPM readily and feels real peppy till you look down at the speedo after running through a few gears and see you are doing 30 MPH. It is a kick to ride though regardless.

The Speedster belongs to another customer of mine, he brings it in every year to check it out and revive it after sitting most of the year. Obviously a collectable car, 55 Speedster, 5600 miles on it. Looks like new. Even has the original sticker on the windshield that shows gear pattern. He has other cars too, we just finished up the carbs on his Healley 3000, black with red inserts, a joy to look at. I meant to get a picture of the 50 in front of it too but missed my chance, at least for this year.

I was planning to take a shot of the 50 in front of all of his collectables one by one. Soon to come, 911. 996, Mercedes 220 convertible, maybe more that I don't know about yet.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #2064
frogy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 801
Quote:
Yeah it is a Yamaha RX50 promo bike that was built to look like their midnight specials. Each dealer got one to raffle off in order to bring people into the showroom to look at the bigger bikes for sale.

The bike was parked in a corner of the building I rented for my business when I changed locations. I pushed it from corner corner a couple of years and finally did a title search to try to find the owner. Turns out he was a good customer of mine. He said he sold it at a garage sale years ago, but couldn't find the title at the time though did later. In Idaho the last registered owner is the owner regardless of alleged sales. I told him that and even mentioned that if he wanted to be cruel he could claim it legally. He declined and brought the title down to me the next day signed and legal. I offered him money for it, "name a reasonable price" I said. He told me "no, I have already sold it once." Nice guy.

I cleaned the carb and fixed a couple of things and now it is my fun little parts runner. Revs to 10,000 RPM readily and feels real peppy till you look down at the speedo after running through a few gears and see you are doing 30 MPH. It is a kick to ride though regardless.

The Speedster belongs to another customer of mine, he brings it in every year to check it out and revive it after sitting most of the year. Obviously a collectable car, 55 Speedster, 5600 miles on it. Looks like new. Even has the original sticker on the windshield that shows gear pattern. He has other cars too, we just finished up the carbs on his Healley 3000, black with red inserts, a joy to look at. I meant to get a picture of the 50 in front of it too but missed my chance, at least for this year.

I was planning to take a shot of the 50 in front of all of his collectables one by one. Soon to come, 911. 996, Mercedes 220 convertible, maybe more that I don't know about yet.
MB 220 convertible,one of my favorite cars...and the 260.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:24 PM   #2065
davek181
Studly Adventurer

He hopes to have the Benz done next month. He had it dropped off here when he bought it because he needed a business shipping address. It looked pretty good then, but it was the wrong color, someone had painted it red and it originally was black. He is doing a full resto on it now. When it is done we get to check the mechanicals. I will have to post a pick of the 50 in front of it too.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #2066
bymbie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
I just unloaded this "beauty"...

It's a 1976 Hodaka 125. It turns over nicely, but otherwise it is a mess: need a new carb, electrical system, cables... I will let it sit in the shed - while gathering courage and information to attempt to bring it back to life...

Oh, it was FREE.
bymbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #2067
mikesova
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,849

98 Yamaha Virago 535 w/ 8k miles. 600$

For Sale: 2004 Husqvarna TE510 (Michigan)
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:33 PM   #2068
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by bymbie View Post
I just unloaded this "beauty"...

It's a 1976 Hodaka 125. It turns over nicely, but otherwise it is a mess: need a new carb, electrical system, cables... I will let it sit in the shed - while gathering courage and information to attempt to bring it back to life...

Oh, it was FREE.

I don't imagine there are many Hodakas in Canada
RedRocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #2069
bymbie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
I don't imagine there are many Hodakas in Canada
I really don't know, just started researching... Parts are available in the US. The question is, do I really want to invest a lot of money into this project...
bymbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:10 AM   #2070
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by bymbie View Post
I really don't know, just started researching... Parts are available in the US. The question is, do I really want to invest a lot of money into this project...
Down here nice, refreshed ones can be had for 1500 to 2.
RedRocket is online now   Reply With Quote