ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 06:07 AM   #421
bk brkr baker
Beastly Adventurer
 
bk brkr baker's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: The Bluegrass
Oddometer: 5,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropo
I just picked up my FIRST bike. I got it for $1200, and now I just need to find more safety gear. I have a helmet, but still need a jacket, gloves, and boots. Anyone have any recommendations for a beginner?

Oh yeah, long time lurker, first time poster.
I've got some Joe Rocket Ballistic cordura pants in short XL ,they fit my 38 x 30 size. Black in color.
$50 to you. P.M. if intrested.
bk brkr baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:50 AM   #422
leakypetcock
Adventurer
 
leakypetcock's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: South of Canada
Oddometer: 573
My '95 ZX6R. Bought it in December for $350. It has new tires, Muzzy pipe, carbon fiber bits everywhere. Oh yeah, it was wiped out on the right side. I was going to buy new plastics but they're hard to find and very expensive for a 15 year old sportbike. I bought one of those fiberglass repair kits from Autozone and taught myself how to use it. I did some horse trading for the paint, which was done at the Peterbuilt body shop by a pro, some barbecue paint for the rashed exhaust, satin black for the frame and it's good to go. It has 23,000 miles and runs awesome. So far I have about $800 total into it and that includes the double bubble windshield, bar risers, trunk and home-built rack from Sears and Givi soft bags for my grand tour next month.

__________________
Don't sweat the petty things-pet the sweaty things
leakypetcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:58 AM   #423
cogitate
Beastly Adventurer
 
cogitate's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: North of the Border, CA
Oddometer: 4,654


Now, that a is a beautiful job. Take a bow, and enjoy your bike



Quote:
Originally Posted by scottybm1
My '95 ZX6R. Bought it in December for $350. It has new tires, Muzzy pipe, carbon fiber bits everywhere. Oh yeah, it was wiped out on the right side. I was going to buy new plastics but they're hard to find and very expensive for a 15 year old sportbike. I bought one of those fiberglass repair kits from Autozone and taught myself how to use it. I did some horse trading for the paint, which was done at the Peterbuilt body shop by a pro, some barbecue paint for the rashed exhaust, satin black for the frame and it's good to go. It has 23,000 miles and runs awesome. So far I have about $800 total into it and that includes the double bubble windshield, bar risers, trunk and home-built rack from Sears and Givi soft bags for my grand tour next month.

__________________
bikeless.

My book "If You Look at Your Health in a New Way..." is available here
and as PDF here
available in Kindle format here
cogitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:02 AM   #424
leakypetcock
Adventurer
 
leakypetcock's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: South of Canada
Oddometer: 573
Thanks, the paint is Imron, hard as a rock and it looks about 5" deep. I'm pretty happy with the results. I traded a chainsaw that I got for free for the paint job!
__________________
Don't sweat the petty things-pet the sweaty things
leakypetcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:14 PM   #425
tropo
Unrestrained Slacker
 
tropo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: 90 degrees South
Oddometer: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrbullet

BTW, sweet superhero pose...
Thanks, I was just about to run into the burning building and save all the orphans..
tropo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:44 PM   #426
CParnell
Stuble Jumper
 
CParnell's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Oddometer: 169
Another Radian. $1400 with parts and paint.

CParnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:25 AM   #427
Raveydaveygravy
Adventurer
 
Raveydaveygravy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Hampshire, UK
Oddometer: 10
My Mk1 Bandit 600

800 ($1230) (900 EU)

Bought from a guy in Cheshire in Sept 09. He was only the 2nd owner, bought it for his wife and as she was upgrading he needed to sell it. Got it through the classified ads of a VFR forum of all places.



So the killer is 75500 Miles on the clock, BUT the first owner had really looked after her. Has every MOT from new with sequential mileages each year, every MOT carried out by the same garage, I phoned them and they rmembered the PO and the bike, turns out he was an engineer with Rolls Royce Aero Engines!

The Bandit is very Standard and had only basic sensible mods, oil cooler protector, engine mushrooms, B12 Stainless headers which in turn means bolt on cans if you so wish.




I bought it, rode it 200 miles home, changed the oil and filter and gave it a good clean, lube, adjust and inspect, all seemed good, so I proceded to put 2500 miles on her through one of the worst winters Britain has seen for thirty years, no problems, apart from three days of black ice, slid off at 1 mph leaving the kerb outside my house, mushrooms did their job, no bodywork damage, just slightly bent bar.

So I changed them for Renthal Road Bike Ultra Low bars (straight fit onto B6 Mk1 - no cable or brake line adjustments required, plug n play)



I recently had some downtime so I stripped her down to engine and swingarm still in the frame and two large cans of WD40, 4 old t shirts and 2 toothbrushes later, she is completely degreased, lubed, adjusted, touched up, T cut, polished and changed the oil again. All set for the next 25k to take her to 100K, being oil tight and smoke free, she feels good enough to make it to the big milestone.

Thats the goal, 100k miles on a bandit 6, MY bandit 6! all for 800 quid.




__________________
"Life is just a ride..." Bill Hicks
Raveydaveygravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:58 AM   #428
Royal Tiger
Pz VI B, Sd Kfz 182
 
Royal Tiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Oddometer: 1,384
Here is an updated pic of the bike I posted earlier in this thread:
Attached Images
 
__________________
2013 Yamaha XT250 * 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250 * 2007 BMW G650X XChallenge * 2005 BMW R1200ST * 2003 Yamaha PW80
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:59 PM   #429
Highside>Lowside
Hairier Than Thou
 
Highside>Lowside's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: ChiTown
Oddometer: 962
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonny
I got all this and the manual for $100

You will be loving that when you get it together; The Pampered Chef makes some wicked upgrades for that bike.
__________________
00 M944,95 620RXC,82 FT500,85 V65 Sabre,01 1150GS,82 XJ650r,91 XV920r,82 V50 Monza,77 TT500, R75/6, etc...
Highside>Lowside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:22 PM   #430
Royal Tiger
Pz VI B, Sd Kfz 182
 
Royal Tiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Oddometer: 1,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highside>Lowside
You will be loving that when you get it together; The Pampered Chef makes some wicked upgrades for that bike.
__________________
2013 Yamaha XT250 * 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250 * 2007 BMW G650X XChallenge * 2005 BMW R1200ST * 2003 Yamaha PW80
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:24 PM   #431
sportmotogear
Mr. Fancy Pants
 
sportmotogear's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: DFW
Oddometer: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raveydaveygravy
800 ($1230) (900 EU)

Bought from a guy in Cheshire in Sept 09. He was only the 2nd owner, bought it for his wife and as she was upgrading he needed to sell it. Got it through the classified ads of a VFR forum of all places.



So the killer is 75500 Miles on the clock, BUT the first owner had really looked after her. Has every MOT from new with sequential mileages each year, every MOT carried out by the same garage, I phoned them and they rmembered the PO and the bike, turns out he was an engineer with Rolls Royce Aero Engines!

The Bandit is very Standard and had only basic sensible mods, oil cooler protector, engine mushrooms, B12 Stainless headers which in turn means bolt on cans if you so wish.




I bought it, rode it 200 miles home, changed the oil and filter and gave it a good clean, lube, adjust and inspect, all seemed good, so I proceded to put 2500 miles on her through one of the worst winters Britain has seen for thirty years, no problems, apart from three days of black ice, slid off at 1 mph leaving the kerb outside my house, mushrooms did their job, no bodywork damage, just slightly bent bar.

So I changed them for Renthal Road Bike Ultra Low bars (straight fit onto B6 Mk1 - no cable or brake line adjustments required, plug n play)



I recently had some downtime so I stripped her down to engine and swingarm still in the frame and two large cans of WD40, 4 old t shirts and 2 toothbrushes later, she is completely degreased, lubed, adjusted, touched up, T cut, polished and changed the oil again. All set for the next 25k to take her to 100K, being oil tight and smoke free, she feels good enough to make it to the big milestone.

Thats the goal, 100k miles on a bandit 6, MY bandit 6! all for 800 quid.




Is that the OEM headlight on the bike? it looks like an older GS1100 light.
sportmotogear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 07:55 AM   #432
Raveydaveygravy
Adventurer
 
Raveydaveygravy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Hampshire, UK
Oddometer: 10
Bandit Headlight?

@Sportmotogear

Hi mate, I'm not sure what the bandit headlight is from, tbh I think its a chrome unit that has been poorly powder coated or even painted black.

I love the look of those black Suzuki Headlights from the oldskool muscle bikes would love an original all black 7" light for this bandit, might have to find one on fleabay.

Heres some pics:



Closer:



Part number?



Ride Safe

RDG
__________________
"Life is just a ride..." Bill Hicks
Raveydaveygravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:11 PM   #433
mikesova
Beastly Adventurer
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Gladwin, Mi
Oddometer: 1,763
I'm going to cheat a little: 2004 weEX-250 Ninja, 3800 miles, 1600$.

mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:45 AM   #434
kfoster
Gnarly Adventurer
 
kfoster's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Geneva, NY
Oddometer: 482
$1,000 the week after Christmas 2009. I have put about 800 miles on the CamoKlr. I have sunk about $30.00 into the top box. I bought some fuel and and have cleaned and waxed the chain several times. That is all!


kfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:07 PM   #435
xring04
Gnarly Adventurer
 
xring04's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: East Tn.
Oddometer: 301
Nice klr for a grand.

xring04 screwed with this post 05-05-2010 at 06:03 AM
xring04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014