Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2009, 08:06 PM   #31
doylejj
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Retrospective: First a Kymco P250, then see list below. P250 is still in the active fleet. As often as not, I ride a Yamaha 650 classic cruiser on scooter rides, though. More comfortable, little more fun (fun to ride a slow bike fast...), and about the same performance.

'06 Buell Ulysses
'05 BMW F650 Dakar
'04 BMW R1150R
'04 VStrom 1000
'00 Concours
'00 GL1500 Goldwing

Photo site: http://www.pbase.com/doylejj
doylejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:47 AM   #32
Coopdway
Curiouser

Oddometer: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanna bECO
wtf

I love the uber scoot PCH next time you feel like doing that... call me!?!?!
That has got to be one of the best motorcycles ever made, I can't believe you traded an elite for it!!!
I got sloppy with the post and led you to believe that I traded my PC for an Elite, but it was really for a Helix instead. I really liked my PC but it never turned to love. I did love my Buddy 125, but $$ problems led me to sell it and the PC, in too big of hurry. What it boils down to is that I replaced the Buddy and PC with the Helix and I couldn't be happier.

I average about 15K miles/year and while I had the PC, it saw roughly half of those miles and my ST2 saw the other half. The ST2 is my most favoritest, bestest Motorcycle I've ever owned and it simply will never leave. Now the Helix sees roughly half of the yearly mileage and it just may creep higher this year. The other old stuff in the garage patiently waits for these two to break or need work (TW200 appeared this spring and it's in front and anxious).

I don't want to change the stable at all, just ride what is already here.

Most likely all says more about me than the machines I ride.
-----------------------------
Coop's Corner
Coopdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:52 AM   #33
lilolita
fahr mit mir

Oddometer: 1,275
I just picked up my first motorcycle this weekend, a '73 Honda CB750. It scares me and I love it.

I currently ride a Buddy 150 as my daily commuter (with 3 miles of poorly timed stoplights and 4-way stops, nothing beats a twistie) and a '79 Vespa P for fun.

The stable also includes:
'58 Lambretta
'68 Fuji Rabbit
'87 Honda Elite CH80 (I want to turn this into an ice bike and ride on the bogs in winter, but the b/f isn't so keen on the idea. I think it'd be a blast and a half!)

And the b/f's bikes:
'65 Honda Dream 305
'71 BMW R75/5

We also have two CB350s that he started to get running, but after he got the Bimmer, I decided I would need more power than the 350 could give me, hence the 750.

If I could get any scooter, I'd want the Honda SH300, but it's not available in the US. That thing kicks ass. And I'm always looking for a reasonably priced Passport, but they go so fast on CL.
lilolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:13 AM   #34
mrwestdoss OP
n00b

Oddometer: 5
ahhh all these choices makes for a hard decision! i guess my first decision is if im ready to lay down the cash haha
mrwestdoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:39 PM   #35
wanna bECO
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coopdway
I did love my Buddy 125,
I saw a buddy this weekend at the Griffith observatory, if that was anyone here, I loved your bike. They look great standing still AND moving down the street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coopdway
The ST2 is my most favoritest, bestest Motorcycle I've ever owned and it simply will never leave.
I am assuming you mean the duck st2 and I agree, that is one fine machine.

I am glad that the trade wasn't as I thought but hey, I have seen stuff like that before. I haven't even ridden a PC800 but I know I love it. My neighbor, a nice young lady, had one and sold it without consulting me, thinking that my Harley made me a ...... Biker, and not one that would appreciate such a great bike... Oh well, try not to assume too much.
Anyway, I know one day I will have a PC and I will ride the snot out of it too!!

current stable

'94 Harley .... a blue one
'82 Honda passport
'87 Honda spacy 250
And an E Bike
85 spacy 250
81 passport (in pieces, many parts for sale)
The hit's just keep coming.. bought another 81 passport (11-28-09)

http://tiny.cc/ITgetsBETTER
wanna bECO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:00 PM   #36
techguy
Scooter Trash

Oddometer: 845
I currently have a Kymco People 250 in the vintage style and it meets my commuting (lane sharing/filtering) needs. I wish the mirrors were better for my wide frame but I have only clipped one mirror in 7,000 KM.

I see we have quite a few People riders in this forum. I feel I got very lucky when I got this one. It fits the commuter's needs well, has the large m/c stable wheels and is still pretty nimble. I am not sure I could do without these benefits if i were to replace this bike.

I like the Burgmans but I am concerned the 650 would be too wide to lane share in traffic effectively and this is one legal joy we have in CA. I would like more freeway stability for longer rides but I can keep up with freeway traffic pretty well on my P250 but larger would be better.

The SH300 sounds interesting if it ever comes here. We will see how it all goes.
techguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:46 PM   #37
brockster
Despair & Repair Garage

Oddometer: 2,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwestdoss
what are you riding now? and what are you riding NEXT?
My wife, unless she sees this.

Seriously, I'm just going to be happy if I can afford to keep what I have running and properly maintained in this economy.

I've always thought that the Honda VT500 Ascot was a really good-looking bike. Would not turn away a cheap ironhead AMF Sportster neither.

"
Man whoever came up with Ronald McDonald was dropping some serious acid.
." - SpoonKiller / tiotalruckus.com

brockster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 04:25 AM   #38
Pappy James
The Peripatetic Pastor

Oddometer: 87
Right now I'm on our new TMax.
The plan is to add a second scooter in the 125 to 250 range and outfit it for the TAT in '12. I like the Big Rukus but am looking around at others easier to find.
BMWOA #140788
Iron Butt Association #24478
http://www.rideacrossthecountry.com
www.adiim.org

~I'll come when you don't want me but need me...
And I'll leave when you want me but don't need me.~
- Nanny McPhee
Pappy James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:35 AM   #39
milwaukeemadass
Web Geek

Oddometer: 141
I'm not riding anything right now but i had an 87' Honda V45 Magna a while back. My next bike is a Sachs MadAss 125 which i hope to pick up this week, if all goes well.

The MadAss Army: www.madassarmy.com
milwaukeemadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:06 AM   #40
redhandmoto
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by milwaukeemadass
I'm not riding anything right now but i had an 87' Honda V45 Magna a while back. My next bike is a Sachs MadAss 125 which i hope to pick up this week, if all goes well.
Excellent! Please ask them if the 160cc BB upgrade will be available anytime soon. Enjoy, and be sure to get back to us with a real-world Madass report.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:37 AM   #41
milwaukeemadass
Web Geek

Oddometer: 141
Red - While I was paying my deposit I asked about the 160cc kit and if it were possible to score one and he said it was. I'm going to wait it out and get a feel for the 125cc MA but I'm definitely keeping that 160 upgrade in mind.

I'm planning on doing a running day-to-day review of the MA on here and Twitter for anyone interested or otherwise bored to death.

The MadAss Army: www.madassarmy.com
milwaukeemadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:58 AM   #42
redhandmoto
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by milwaukeemadass
Red - While I was paying my deposit I asked about the 160cc kit and if it were possible to score one and he said it was. I'm going to wait it out and get a feel for the 125cc MA but I'm definitely keeping that 160 upgrade in mind.

I'm planning on doing a running day-to-day review of the MA on here and Twitter for anyone interested or otherwise bored to death.
Had heard that the 160s were sitting on the shelf, waiting for a test install and a wring-out on the dyno. Now that would be something...the fuel capacity problem notwithstanding...
Old 07-17-2009, 12:08 PM   #43
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,667
Other then my Kwak ER6F, I got a Peugeot Speedfight 2 50cc LC that'll do
40mph but I need something that'll get me up to traffic speeds a bit faster,
that's not larger then the current scoot and (preferably) return better
MPG figures.

The lil' 50cc (being a 2-stroke) has VERY similar MPG figures to my 650cc
bike..

What's next?
I'd like to stay with Peugeot scoots (worked at a dealership, still get
big discounts, so..).. so anything goes. A Speedfight 2 100cc (2 stroke),
the Elyseo 100 or the Elyseo 125 (4 stroke).

But as you can see in my signature line, I'd really like a new
Kymco Agility 125.. that would fit the bill perfectly for what I need.

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 04:40 AM   #44
tastroman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,512
My current ride is a Daelim S-2 250. I plan in riding it until it drops which may be sooner than expected as Daelim no longer has a US distributor meaning parts must come direct from Korea. Talk about a pain in the a$$. If Honda would bring the sh300 I would cut my losses and trade up though.
tastroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:13 AM   #45
HBrew
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
At this point it would be between a BV 500 and a Buell Blast. I would lean towards the BV, it appears it would be better on long rides than the Blast. But I do love the simplicity (almost crudeness) of the Blast.

Currently I am riding a HD 200,it's a great all around scooter. The only thing I find myself wanting is a little more top end speed and a bit more weight when I am on a highway.
HBrew is offline   Reply With Quote