Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2009, 11:00 PM   #61
gogogordy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,910
I've got a "few" scooters, and love 'em all BUT that Suzuki TU250 has my attention. Thankfully they aren't presently available in the Golden State.
gogogordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:54 AM   #62
Bar None
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogogordy
I've got a "few" scooters, and love 'em all BUT that Suzuki TU250 has my attention. Thankfully they aren't presently available in the Golden State.
Yes, I know the feeling. A dealer in Maryville just called and said that they got the third TU250X and the last one this year on the show room floor. Somebody go buy it before I head over there. Please...
2014 Ice Bear PBZ110-1P sidecar
2015 Ural cT on order
Bar None is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 10:45 PM   #63
DreadPirateKermit
Ribit.

Oddometer: 371
Sooper scooter?

My current rides are an '08 V-Strom and a '94 Elite 50P that's been derestricted that I just got. I'm lovin' the scoot, and would consider a super scooter (Aprilia Scarabeo 500, Burger 400 or 650, Silverwing 600 or maybe even a Majesty). OTOH, I miss my Tuono and like sporty bikes too.

Too many bikes, too little money.

'04 Suzuki DL1000 Blue
IBA #257 IBR '03, '07 Ten 'n Ten, '10
"Excluding diamonds and Vicodin, there’s nothing more precious than children." Ella Morton, The Elegant Guide to Children
DreadPirateKermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 05:43 AM   #64
kdude
orgasmatron engineer

Oddometer: 2,020
I just ordered a Vespa S150... getting on Saturday! Totally stoked ...
Old 11-15-2009, 07:56 PM   #65
Sparkytoo
Quiet Rider

Oddometer: 26
Interesting Thread

I currently still ride my Honda Silver Wing purchased new in 2002 and a 2005 VStrom 650. The Silver Wing gets used frequently because of the twist and go transmission and the VStrom typically only on Sundays. I'd replace each in a moment if I could find a better machine available here in the good old USA.

The Silver Wing does not handle as well as I want and is awful on bumpy pavement and is also quite heavy for around town use. The VStrom is plenty fast, handles nicely, particularly on the bumpy roads that upset the SW, and gets better gas mileage than the SW. However, the VStrom is too bulky for trails and very top heavy, particularly with a full tank of gas. The VStrom also has poor weather protection and a manual transmission with a clutch to pull. Net is that the VStrom is a handful around town and uncomfortable at interstate speeds due to wind noise and buffeting.

So, what to get? I'd replace the SW with a T-Max in a minute if the T-Max was available here with ABS. But no, only Europe gets that model. I'd go for the SH300i, but so far Honda refuses to import it.

I'd like to replace the VStrom with a lighter dual sport that is more oriented to dirt. But, I haven't been able to find one that is interstate capable and has more than a "banana" seat and a 2 gallon fuel tank.

Am I missing something?
Sparkytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:53 PM   #66
approachbears
250cc is 50cc too many

Oddometer: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkytoo
... I'd replace each in a moment if I could find a better machine available here in the good old USA.

The Silver Wing does not handle as well as I want and is awful on bumpy pavement and is also quite heavy for around town use....So, what to get? I'd replace the SW with a T-Max in a minute if the T-Max was available here with ABS. But no, only Europe gets that model. I'd go for the SH300i, but so far Honda refuses to import it...Am I missing something?
Get just about any 150 to 250cc scooter and you'll be much, much happier around town. Even shell out for the Vespa GTS300 if "in town" for you means 80+mph. The T-max ain't small by any means and I'm not sure why it would be much different that the Silverwing except for sport bike looks. Smaller is really what you need for town riding. If the Honda 300 is your dream, then too bad since it'll likely never come here. However, you could get the same bigger wheels and same look with a reliable KYMCO People 250.
approachbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:03 AM   #67
kingralph
EX PAT

Oddometer: 1
Thumb Whats your next ride

This is my first reply, so hello everyone. I've just decided (after months of indecision) to buy a Tmax, my current bike is an XR650R Motard.
I should have it all done in two weeks, wish me luck.
kingralph is offline   Reply With Quote