ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 11:45 PM   #1
Human Ills OP
Useful Idiom
 
Human Ills's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: South (Dog help me) Bay
Oddometer: 22,243
NASCAR Fans check in. (Haters welcome)

Who thinks Mayfield was stupid enough to use meth after a successful court decision that reinstated him?

http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/opin...eld/index.html
Human Ills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:46 PM   #2
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10
 
TheDudeAbides's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Loveland, Colo
Oddometer: 7,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Ills
Who thinks Mayfield was stupid enough to use meth after a successful court decision that reinstated him?
He's stupid enough to be in NASCAR, right?



(btw, what the hell is this doing is Sports?)
__________________
Best dualsport mirrors I've ever owned

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:57 PM   #3
Human Ills OP
Useful Idiom
 
Human Ills's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: South (Dog help me) Bay
Oddometer: 22,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
He's stupid enough to be in NASCAR, right?



(btw, what the hell is this doing is Sports?)
Racing is generally considered sport.


It seems odd to me. Years ago, a lifetime ago really, I had a pretty serious habit. Even then I wouldn't do it if I had reason to believe that I'd be tested.

Maybe my habit wasn't as hardcore as I thought, but I think NASCAR is lying and fabricating test results in order to save face.
Human Ills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:03 AM   #4
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10
 
TheDudeAbides's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Loveland, Colo
Oddometer: 7,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Ills
Maybe my habit wasn't as hardcore as I thought, but I think NASCAR is lying and fabricating test results in order to save face.
I don't. I think the guy is a Meth Head in denial. (See Robert Downey Jr., David Crosby, Redmond O'Neal, and any MLB player who's been caught since testing started. Not all Meth, but all druggies who will lie, cheat, steal, and lie some more to keep the addiction alive). I don't think NASCAR's saving face. I think NASCAR might just be saving the guy's life.
__________________
Best dualsport mirrors I've ever owned

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:08 AM   #5
Human Ills OP
Useful Idiom
 
Human Ills's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: South (Dog help me) Bay
Oddometer: 22,243
How about Mark Martin? If the Chase started this week, Martin would start out in first place due to his four wins.
Kyle Bush has three wins and would be ten points back in second.
That would represent quite a jump in position considering that they are 11th and 10th in the points respectively.

The Chase cutoff is the top 12 drivers in points following the 26th race.
19 races are in the books.
Human Ills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:09 AM   #6
wxwax
Excited Member
 
wxwax's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 73,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
I think the guy is a Meth Head in denial.
I agree. His behavior is outlandish.
__________________
Sid.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:14 AM   #7
Ernest T. Bass
It's me It's me
 
Ernest T. Bass's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: on the mountain down in the holler
Oddometer: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Ills
Racing is generally considered sport.


It seems odd to me. Years ago, a lifetime ago really, I had a pretty serious habit. Even then I wouldn't do it if I had reason to believe that I'd be tested.

Maybe my habit wasn't as hardcore as I thought, but I think NASCAR is lying and fabricating test results in order to save face.
we will never know the truth. the france family is so fucked up in the head and runs nascar like shit. they would never say they messed up the results and own up to it. ofcourse they will shit on jeremy to save themselves any bad pub and get him out and far away from the sport.
Ernest T. Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:14 AM   #8
Human Ills OP
Useful Idiom
 
Human Ills's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: South (Dog help me) Bay
Oddometer: 22,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax
I agree. His behavior is outlandish.
He's blaming his stepmother.
Human Ills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:14 AM   #9
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10
 
TheDudeAbides's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Loveland, Colo
Oddometer: 7,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Ills
How about Mark Martin? If the Chase started this week, Martin would start out in first place due to his four wins.
Kyle Bush has three wins and would be ten points back in second.
That would represent quite a jump in position considering that they are 11th and 10th in the points respectively.

The Chase cutoff is the top 12 drivers in points following the 26th race.
19 races are in the books.
This proves that "The Chase" is stupid. It's got a scoring system that makes figure skating look like tether ball, it makes the regualr season less relevent, and it fabricates a playoff system that is transparently contrived.

But it'd be cool to see an old timer like Martin have one more day of glory. Kinda like Tom Watson at the British Open this week.
__________________
Best dualsport mirrors I've ever owned

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:16 AM   #10
Human Ills OP
Useful Idiom
 
Human Ills's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: South (Dog help me) Bay
Oddometer: 22,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
This proves that "The Chase" is stupid. It's got a scoring system that makes figure skating look like tether ball, it makes the regualr season less relevent, and it fabricates a playoff system that is transparently contrived.

But it'd be cool to see an old timer like Martin have one more day of glory. Kinda like Tom Watson at the British Open this week.
I'm with you on the Chase. Many fans hate it.
And I think it would be very cool for Martin to finally win a Championship.
Human Ills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:32 AM   #11
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10
 
TheDudeAbides's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Loveland, Colo
Oddometer: 7,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Ills
He's blaming his stepmother.
His stepmother didn't test positive.
__________________
Best dualsport mirrors I've ever owned

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:37 AM   #12
Human Ills OP
Useful Idiom
 
Human Ills's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: South (Dog help me) Bay
Oddometer: 22,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
His stepmother didn't test positive.
I wouldn't assume that means anything more than she is not in a position requiring testing.

You could very well be right. I can see him being a tweak, nothing unusual about that.

But I would not be surprised if it's bullshit. I don't think NASCAR has the credibility to police itself.
Human Ills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:41 AM   #13
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10
 
TheDudeAbides's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Loveland, Colo
Oddometer: 7,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Ills
You could very well be right. I can see him being a tweak, nothing unusual about that.
I'd hope there is something very unusual about that. I'd like to think the guys racing at 200mph weren't up the night before cooking their Claritin D with pseudophed on a hot plate back at the RV.
__________________
Best dualsport mirrors I've ever owned

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:46 AM   #14
Human Ills OP
Useful Idiom
 
Human Ills's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: South (Dog help me) Bay
Oddometer: 22,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
I'd hope there is something very unusual about that. I'd like to think the guys racing at 200mph weren't up the night before cooking their Claritin D with pseudophed on a hot plate back at the RV.
That's the story his stepmother told NASCAR. She said that when he first started doing meth, he was cooking his own, and that he later started buying it.

There was a kid in the truck series that was doing heroin while racing.
Human Ills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:02 AM   #15
wxwax
Excited Member
 
wxwax's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 73,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Ills
He's blaming his stepmother.
He's a mess.
__________________
Sid.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014