Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2009, 11:46 PM   #91
TheNedster
Lurkapotamus

Oddometer: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax
As for safety, to be honest, NASCAR's new car has made them feel so safe they drive really dangerously. Someone's going to get killed one of these days. Some of the stuff I see them doing just boggles my mind.
+1. I think the general sorry state of the safety crews at the tracks is going to play into the eventuality too. Not to slam these folks, (local volunteers and EMT/paramedics/fire dept.) but they don't seem to have the training for motorsports-specific accidents. Watch a wreck during a Sprint Cup event and see how long it takes for the rescue crews to arrive. It's embarassing. NASCAR would do well to look at F1's traveling safety teams.
TheNedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 02:39 AM   #92
Twilight Error
Going nowhere slowly

Oddometer: 22,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranrab Luap
I don't go to many spectator events at all. I'd rather being doing something myself than watching somebody else do something. Short track stock car racing is just a damn good time though. I try to go a couple times a year to a local track. I sit on the front row at the finish line.
Truth is I've never been to a motorsport race. The only exposure I've got is the tiny bit I happen to catch on TV.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:23 AM   #93
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded

Oddometer: 30,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Error
Truth is I've never been to a motorsport race. The only exposure I've got is the tiny bit I happen to catch on TV.
You ought to give it a whirl sometime. People watching is really good too.
Dranrab Luap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:18 AM   #94
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,599
Between the off-track antics of the team members and managers, I've come to appreciate NASCAR as the motorsports' world version of the WWE.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:21 AM   #95
NC-Okie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,830
This weekend's race at the Brickyard is going to be interesting. If they have another fiasco like last year or are they going to be able to race. If the track condition hasn't been fixed it would be nice if NASCAR drops Indy from the schedule in 2010, Tony George would really be squirming then.

Also the Track and Nationwide races at IRP are always good.
NC-Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:23 AM   #96
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™
Between the off-track antics of the team members and managers, I've come to appreciate NASCAR as the motorsports' world version of the WWE.
Shouldn't you throw baseball, basketball, boxing and football into that mix as well?
Old 07-21-2009, 07:24 AM   #97
Dick
Its a big old goofy world

Oddometer: 31,380
Who let that cracker out of the bag?
Originally Posted by turkish
Einstein knew more about physics than the Pope knows about God.
Save some bux - use my Smugmug referral code: mIRMxjzAScHII
Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:53 AM   #98
SgtMike
facebook.com/mikeraces

Oddometer: 1,131
Cool2 Glad to see a good NASCAR thread...

let's keep it about the sport, please. No bashing and I'll stick around.
Been a fan since the late 70's, Dad took us boys to Bristol - that was all it took.

I live 10 minutes from Lowes Motor Speedway, work in Mooresville, worked in racing professionally for 10 years now - can't get enough!!!! NASCAR, INEX, USAC, DIRT, IMCA, UARA, if it goes in circle, I've built shocks for it... even rebuilt the shocks for RCR's Dale Earnhardt #3 they donated to the HALL OF FAME. AND - You can see my shocks in Talladega Nights, under the hood of the "ME" car.

Any of you "out of towners" want a tour of our little racing town - let me know.

My $.02 - no fan of "Smoke", but he's gonna be the Champ this year.
SgtMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:55 AM   #99
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtMike
Been a fan since the late 70's, Dad took us boys to Bristol - that was all it took.

I live 10 minutes from Lowes Motor Speedway, work in Mooresville, worked in racing professionally for 10 years now - can't get enough!!!! NASCAR, INEX, USAC, DIRT, IMCA, UARA, if it goes in circle, I've built shocks for it... even rebuilt the shocks for RCR's Dale Earnhardt #3 they donated to the HALL OF FAME. AND - You can see my shocks in Talladega Nights, under the hood of the "ME" car.

Any of you "out of towners" want a tour of our little racing town - let me know.

The Bristol night race is the one I want to attend more than any other. To me that's what stock car racing is all about. I'd love to see them put the pros out there for a 20 lap bomber feature. How much fun would that be?
Old 07-21-2009, 07:56 AM   #100
Human Ills OP
Useful Idiom

Oddometer: 22,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtMike

That's what I'm talking about. Stewart better tack on a couple wins before the Chase, or he's going to be in a hole going in.
Human Ills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:59 AM   #101
Hedge36
Chasing parts.

Oddometer: 44,400
Quote:
The Bristol night race is the one I want to attend more than any other. To me that's what stock car racing is all about. I'd love to see them put the pros out there for a 20 lap bomber feature. How much fun would that be?
Bristol at night definitely doesn't suck. If you can get to the 600 in Concord, I recommend that too.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:04 AM   #102
NC-Okie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,830
I have been to Charlotte, Martinsville and Darlington I really want to see the races at Richmond.

It is hard to describe watching a 3400 pound cars fly through the corner at Charlotte. Lap after lap I keep thinking there is no way they will make the corner with the speeds the are going and they do over and over.

hell even Lewis Hamilton was quoted last week saying he wants to try NASCAR.
NC-Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:34 AM   #103
SgtMike
facebook.com/mikeraces

Oddometer: 1,131
Laugh Hey Okie!!

Great to meet you at the dinner...

If you'd like to experience those corners at Charlotte, I work at the Richard Petty Driving Experience part time... could try to get you a ride (I work this Sunday).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-Okie
I have been to Charlotte, Martinsville and Darlington I really want to see the races at Richmond.

It is hard to describe watching a 3400 pound cars fly through the corner at Charlotte. Lap after lap I keep thinking there is no way they will make the corner with the speeds the are going and they do over and over.

hell even Lewis Hamilton was quoted last week saying he wants to try NASCAR.
SgtMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:34 AM   #104
Human Ills OP
Useful Idiom

Oddometer: 22,964
Bristol, Martinsville and Richmond are three tracks that I'd love to watch a race at.
Human Ills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:46 AM   #105
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,599
Quote:
Shouldn't you throw baseball, basketball, boxing and football into that mix as well?
To a certain extent, yes. Anytime there's more posturing off the track/playingfield/diamond/court than playing on it, it tends over that line.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: