Oddometer: 141
Thanks for sharing the link Bill.

The MadAss Army: www.madassarmy.com
milwaukeemadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:26 PM   #137
CITYXSLICKER
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Alright, I am in. This is my next motorcycle purchase.
So because I am a true hooligan.... What would be the conversion cost of the 49cc to a 160 cc? Yes I want the 49cc for titling and legal registration requirements.... I need the 160cc cuz I am a chunky butt and I like power.

I have other mods in store for it, and have already started buying accessories. Trust me, you dont want to know what my plans are for the FrankenAss

I can neither confirm nor deny the midnight passes planned at the local BMX park.
CITYXSLICKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 04:00 AM   #138
Barnone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by CITYXSLICKER
So because I am a true hooligan.... What would be the conversion cost of the 49cc to a 160 cc? Yes I want the 49cc for titling and legal registration requirements.... I need the 160cc cuz I am a chunky butt and I like power.

I have other mods in store for it, and have already started buying accessories. Trust me, you dont want to know what my plans are for the FrankenAss

I can neither confirm nor deny the midnight passes planned at the local BMX park.
If you change out the motor for a 160cc one then you are no longer a legal liquor scooter. You might be able to get away with it but if you are stopped then....
2014 Ice Bear PBZ110-1P Z50 clone monkey sidecar
2014 Sky Team MC-D34 CT70 clone
Barnone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 04:58 AM   #139
dagwood
Banned

Oddometer: 35,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnone
If you change out the motor for a 160cc one then you are no longer a legal liquor scooter. You might be able to get away with it but if you are stopped then....
how would they know it's not a 49cc mill in it? does it say in flashing lights 160CC?

dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 06:47 AM   #140
approachbears
250cc is 50cc too many

Oddometer: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagwood
how would they know it's not a 49cc mill in it? does it say in flashing lights 160CC?

Because most of the states that define a 49.5cc as legal with just a driver's license or no license at all also have speed statutes in their regulations. The police will know something's amiss when someone's riding above the 30 or 35 mph limits without plates, etc...
approachbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 07:58 AM   #141
Barnone
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

Usually stamped on the block but of course you could grind that off but as the bear says if your cruising along at 60mph...
Attached Images

Old 10-03-2009, 08:05 AM   #142
BillPeirce
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Phil and James did 510 miles on the MAdAss 125 yesterday. They went from Las Vegas to Grand Junction, CO. WOW! Hope you are watching their trip on www.drmadass.com Please post on the blog to wish them well.

Bill
BillPeirce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:43 AM   #143
dagwood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by approachbears
Because most of the states that define a 49.5cc as legal with just a driver's license or no license at all also have speed statutes in their regulations. The police will know something's amiss when someone's riding above the 30 or 35 mph limits without plates, etc...

. i have a license.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:21 AM   #144
approachbears
250cc is 50cc too many

Oddometer: 917
Quote:
. i have a license.
OK, so you're not a DWI who got his license pulled...but the original suggestion also referred to registration as a 49.5cc; which in several states means no plates, no or lower taxes and fees, no motorcycle registration needed, legally allowed to park on sidewalks and/or bicycle racks, etc...

Quote:
.. What would be the conversion cost of the 49cc to a 160 cc? Yes I want the 49cc for titling and legal registration requirements....
approachbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:11 AM   #145
dagwood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by approachbears
OK, so you're not a DWI who got his license pulled...but the original suggestion also referred to registration as a 49.5cc; which in several states means no plates, no or lower taxes and fees, no motorcycle registration needed, legally allowed to park on sidewalks and/or bicycle racks, etc...

Portlands pretty lib about parking motorcycles on the sidewalk anyway.

theres a bunch a rat bike clubs that hold urban alley rallies and half the bikes are not even close to street legal.

is a great place to be a biker. if they would just legalize lane sharing.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:14 PM   #146
Barnone
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

CITYXSLICKER,
Go to http://planetminis.com/f21/sachs-mad...om-134172.html
where they are talking 150cc and 172cc engines in the Madass with speeds of 75MPH.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:02 AM   #147
CITYXSLICKER
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
I get pulled over alot, I know every law enforcement officer on duty in a tri county area (only two tickets in 25 years, but still I meet alot of the crew in blue)
I am thinking with a registration that shows 49ccs it get access to all the areas that are prohibited to 'motorcycles' (DNR) land, run down city streets, use it for commuting, pick it up and put it in a RV, Truck, Boat scenario. It is the new uber hooligan machine, plus ease of maintenance...(I break stuff often)
and by the time I mount MX wheels and tires on it, similar to the Scorpa 4Tricks....

and now you see why I get in trouble a bit.
CITYXSLICKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:21 PM   #148
moto-scoot bill
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 223
madass engine swaps and big bore kits

we hope that the madass 50 will be back in the u.s. market next year. in the past 4 years we have done hundreds of 88cc big bore kits for them , and the guys that rode them with the original moped plates at there own discretion seemed to snuck under radar with the smallish looking engine. the cylinder was not marked from the supplier as an 88cc , so that probably helped.
the engine swaps to the 150, and 160cc engines do not look like a moped engine, so you might have a hard time sneaking it under radar.

moto-scoot has a 160cc big bore kit in the works for the stock 125 madass engine, but that will not affect the title and registration with the madass 125 already being a motorcycle.

when is somebody going to stick a v-twin into madass???
http://www.moto-scoot.net/performance.html
moto-scoot bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 10:39 AM   #149
P B G
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurburgringer
Yikes!

I looked at buying a glastron once, that rear toe eye was held on with a few small nuts, no real backing plate. I remember thinking, I wouldn't want to pull a tube with it for fear of it pulling out. (most of these on ski boats are backed up into a large aluminum or stainless plate that's fiberglassed in place and use large fender washers.)

I hope he made sure his was on there, would suck to tear out your fiberglass, and lose your scoot. On the plus side that mount looks marvelous.
P B G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:41 AM   #150
Mike Butt
Agent Provocateur

Oddometer: 55,635
I'm adding a Madass 125 to my collection of beach assault vehicles.

Suppose to get it Sunday.
Adventure Rider #799
Mike Butt is offline   Reply With Quote