Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2009, 07:23 AM   #31
slide
A nation in despair

Oddometer: 21,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Chord
Just charge the old one
The manner of the failure prevents it from accepting a charge. As soon as you remove it from the charger, it falls to like 4 volts.
slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:12 AM   #32
5Chord
No Short-Term Memory

Oddometer: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by slide
The manner of the failure prevents it from accepting a charge. As soon as you remove it from the charger, it falls to like 4 volts.
Ouch...Mine charged right up. The service department said to make sure the stock battery was installed when I brought it back (I never did, waste of too much time)....I didn't ask but I'm sure he was alluding to a warranty issues
Old 08-12-2009, 08:44 AM   #33
slide
A nation in despair

Quote:
Ouch...Mine charged right up. The service department said to make sure the stock battery was installed when I brought it back (I never did, waste of too much time)....I didn't ask but I'm sure he was alluding to a warranty issues
Weird. Well, when mine failed close to home, the dealer was ok with me bringing the battery in alone w/o the bike. He gave me a new one. When it failed far far away, Roadside said I can't bring a new battery to the bike but instead must have the tow service. Seemed like a huge waste of resources to me. I was going to drive up with my daughter, put the battery in and then ride home while she (now 16!!!) drives the truck. That is, I was willing to do it 100% on my own fuel, trouble, etc.

Corporations can be so damn stupid sometimes.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:41 AM   #34
5Chord
No Short-Term Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by slide
Weird. Well, when mine failed close to home, the dealer was ok with me bringing the battery in alone w/o the bike. He gave me a new one. When it failed far far away, Roadside said I can't bring a new battery to the bike but instead must have the tow service.
Corporations can be so damn stupid sometimes.
For sure! Of course BMW corporate won't pay the Roadside guys for just sitting in the shop....When you sift through all the BS it's all about money.

I prefer to just chock the cost of a new battery as a riding expense and they can keep their paws off it.......I just had my Xcountry at a local Yamaha shop to put new TKC-80s on and when I got home the license plate was missing. When I called and they said they couldn't help me. I spent the whole day getting a police report and standing in line at the DMV.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:51 AM   #35
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Oddometer: 5,316
Do not rely on BMW roadside if you do you will be sorry.

My 1200 let me down 20 miles outside a major metro area of over a million people. Their response? Sorry we do not have a contractor in that area with the proper equipment to recover that vehicle.

Huh? What if I was out in BFE?

You are pretty much just on your own.

Oh BTW My XCH has about 3000K on it original battery. GPS wired directly to the battery.

Otherwise all stock, no problems.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:33 AM   #36
DoucheBag
feminine hygiene product

Oddometer: 457
Model: xChallenge
Year: 2007
ABS: No
Mileage at time of issue: 1,012 - 2,503(currnet)
Date of occurrence: Regularly
Modifications (if any): mechanical/electrical - Foam filter, removed air box cover, full Remus system, removed side stand switch, adjusted clutch, removed charcaol canaster, R&G Tail Tiddy
Description of Failure(s): Bike shuts off when, (20% of the time), coming to a quick stop
Resolution (if any): None thus far (dealer's 80 miles away)
Reference Thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...9#post10103919

I'm going to try and get some time off and drag it down to the dealer, but I much rater fix it myself...

www.heritage.org - Learn the facts
DoucheBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:22 PM   #37
QUIRKSM
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 130
Hey douchebag i had that happen to me a few times and i have the exact same mods,minus the sidestand switch mod. it only happened to me when it was cold though, like below 50f. i just chalked it up to the mods making it a little lean right off idle in cold conditions. i haven't had it happen since like march though. i know this is no help but just wanted you to know i had it happen and it hasn't been a problem since the temp went up.
QUIRKSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:35 PM   #38
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Hey Douchebag!

I got nothing, I just wated to say it.

Carry on.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:00 PM   #39
QUIRKSM
Gnarly Adventurer

i'm done posting on here, every time i do some old ass has to make a snide remark or something. i just said i had a similar problem and told my experiences and details, thats what this thread is for correct?. if anything your post is more worthless than mine.

sorry to waste a post guys thanks for the info you've given me later.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:20 PM   #40
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIRKSM
i'm done posting on here, every time i do some old ass has to make a snide remark or something. i just said i had a similar problem and told my experiences and details, thats what this thread is for correct?. if anything your post is more worthless than mine.

sorry to waste a post guys thanks for the info you've given me later.

Are you upset with me? For saying that?

I was not picking on you BTW, I was ripping the other guy for having a creative/funny screen name.

SCQTT screwed with this post 08-24-2009 at 05:26 PM
SCQTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:54 PM   #41
5Chord
No Short-Term Memory

Why would anyone remove the sidestand switch? It probably saved my retarded ass a few times. I caught a buddy on an older Goldwing on the move with his down and I about shit......I saw another guy ripping out of the dealership with his down and still cringe thinking about if he had to make a tight left turn...
Old 08-12-2009, 02:51 PM   #42
QUIRKSM
Gnarly Adventurer

sorry ScQtt but everytime i post someone shits on what i say and your post was right after mine. plus i was havin a bad day at work. once is fine but everytime gets to me. now i see what you were doing because i felt weird writing "hey douchebag"

its funny now that i see it
Old 08-12-2009, 02:57 PM   #43
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Quote:
sorry ScQtt but everytime i post someone shits on what i say and your post was right after mine. plus i was havin a bad day at work. once is fine but everytime gets to me. now i see what you were doing because i felt weird writing "hey douchebag"

QUIRKSM

OK, cool. Sorry about your day at work.

People shit on what I say all the time. I think that is the nature of the online world. It does not take a lot to be a Keyboard Kowboy and of course none of us can see what kind of mood each other is in.

Have a good one,

Scott
Old 08-12-2009, 03:31 PM   #44
slide
A nation in despair

Quote:
Why would anyone remove the sidestand switch? It probably saved my retarded ass a few times. I caught a buddy on an older Goldwing on the move with his down and I about shit......I saw another guy ripping out of the dealership with his down and still cringe thinking about if he had to make a tight left turn...
When you jump or come down from a wheelie, the stand may deploy enough to cut the engine off. That can be as destructive to your hide as riding off with the side stand deployed.

BTW, if you were to ride off and make a left turn, the stand would probably just retract. I don't suggest you experiment, but before these switches existed, I did it a few times w/o anything worse than a peanut cracker.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:32 PM   #45
slide
A nation in despair

Quote:

You are right though. This board has a very nasty undertone to it. The main board is just a bit nasty. The basement exists so folks can learn to hate each other.