ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-27-2011, 07:42 AM   #1
AWM OP
Beard Bros Racing
 
AWM's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Your Mom's house
Oddometer: 11,381
Thereisnospoon Enduro Camp Thread

OK,tis the season!
I figured this thread needed to be done.
So i guess this is where we can discuss the things we have learned up at Uncle Walts Enduro camp.Or just talk about how many times people have crashed,or the new swear words some of us can come up with,or how many kicks it takes me to get to the center of a tosi,,,,ah,,,i mean,get a WR going.
The suspects,or known assoicates know who they are.
So,,,let the fun begin!!!!


__________________
"Hes not called the Angry White Man for nothing,much more fitting then the,Unicorn Clouds and Happy Trees Man".... UpST8

Theres a name for people without beards,"Women".
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:26 AM   #2
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!
 
Boatman's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Petersburg, NY and Woodbridge, VA
Oddometer: 9,960
__________________
08 KTM 950 SE, 09 KTM 950 SE, 04 KTM 950 ADV, 10 Husaberg FE390, 66 Kawasaki B8S Super 150

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:39 AM   #3
ThereisnoSpoon
High Enough
 
ThereisnoSpoon's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Petersburgh NY
Oddometer: 1,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWM View Post
OK,tis the season!
I figured this thread needed to be done.
So i guess this is where we can discuss the things we have learned up at Uncle Walts Enduro camp.Or just talk about how many times people have crashed,or the new swear words some of us can come up with,or how many kicks it takes me to get to the center of a tosi,,,,ah,,,i mean,get a WR going.
The suspects,or known assoicates know who they are.
So,,,let the fun begin!!!!


OK, I'll roll with it! You seem to have mentioned the major points we work on.

Crashing. Nobody showed up today so I added a new section of trail to the main track and made a mini track in the woods. My usual riders just weren't crashing as much as they used to so added some 1st gear tight stuff through the trees. There's also some diagonal roots/vines mixed in with some rocks so you'll need to pay attention. The main features of this track are a series of downhill rock ledge jumps that take you within inches of some big trees while you are in the air. The penalty for being off your line through here will be harsh.

There's your first lesson AWM, picking the right line and putting the bike exactly where you want it on the trail at all times. Let the fun begin.
ThereisnoSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:47 AM   #4
AWM OP
Beard Bros Racing
 
AWM's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Your Mom's house
Oddometer: 11,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereisnoSpoon View Post
OK, I'll roll with it! You seem to have mentioned the major points we work on.

Crashing. Nobody showed up today so I added a new section of trail to the main track and made a mini track in the woods. My usual riders just weren't crashing as much as they used to so added some 1st gear tight stuff through the trees. There's also some diagonal roots/vines mixed in with some rocks so you'll need to pay attention. The main features of this track are a series of downhill rock ledge jumps that take you within inches of some big trees while you are in the air. The penalty for being off your line through here will be harsh.

There's your first lesson AWM, picking the right line and putting the bike exactly where you want it on the trail at all times. Let the fun begin.


Hey that reminds me,,,i gotta order new armour...


Down hill rock ledeges,into trees,,,,,,,and thats why i'm keeping the WR.
__________________
"Hes not called the Angry White Man for nothing,much more fitting then the,Unicorn Clouds and Happy Trees Man".... UpST8

Theres a name for people without beards,"Women".
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:50 AM   #5
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies
 
crankshaft's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Burlingtron,VT
Oddometer: 13,974
Will this be like band camp? Will Walt have plenty of flutes
crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:51 AM   #6
ThereisnoSpoon
High Enough
 
ThereisnoSpoon's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Petersburgh NY
Oddometer: 1,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatman View Post
There's a SE session starting in 1 hour.
ThereisnoSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:04 AM   #7
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!
 
Boatman's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Petersburg, NY and Woodbridge, VA
Oddometer: 9,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereisnoSpoon View Post
There's a SE session starting in 1 hour.


My tires are bald!!


Plus,,,,,, I'm scared!!
__________________
08 KTM 950 SE, 09 KTM 950 SE, 04 KTM 950 ADV, 10 Husaberg FE390, 66 Kawasaki B8S Super 150

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:10 AM   #8
AWM OP
Beard Bros Racing
 
AWM's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Your Mom's house
Oddometer: 11,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatman View Post
My tires are bald!!


Plus,,,,,, I'm scared!!

Thats always my excuse.
__________________
"Hes not called the Angry White Man for nothing,much more fitting then the,Unicorn Clouds and Happy Trees Man".... UpST8

Theres a name for people without beards,"Women".
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:28 AM   #9
AWM OP
Beard Bros Racing
 
AWM's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Your Mom's house
Oddometer: 11,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
Will this be like band camp? Will Walt have plenty of flutes

Just like band camp,only with guns,and GoPro's.
__________________
"Hes not called the Angry White Man for nothing,much more fitting then the,Unicorn Clouds and Happy Trees Man".... UpST8

Theres a name for people without beards,"Women".
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:32 AM   #10
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies
 
crankshaft's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Burlingtron,VT
Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWM View Post
Just like band camp,only with guns,and GoPro's.
I'm ready for the shooting gallery part now that I have the red dot on the AR but it's the Walt death march that has me worried
crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:37 AM   #11
AWM OP
Beard Bros Racing
 
AWM's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Your Mom's house
Oddometer: 11,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
I'm ready for the shooting gallery part now that I have the red dot on the AR but it's the Walt death march that has me worried
I hear ya,,not sure if i can make up enough points in the shooting section to cover my ass on the trail.
Maybe if we get extra points for hitting targets out over 300 yards with a pistol.
__________________
"Hes not called the Angry White Man for nothing,much more fitting then the,Unicorn Clouds and Happy Trees Man".... UpST8

Theres a name for people without beards,"Women".
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:45 AM   #12
natedog39
New Sheriff in town
 
natedog39's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: ravena new york
Oddometer: 6,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
Will this be like band camp? Will Walt have plenty of flutes
The flutes will be of the skin variety,,,,do you play?
__________________

2014 FE 501
2012 990Adv

Team Ghetto does a hot lap of America
natedog39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:07 PM   #13
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies
 
crankshaft's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Burlingtron,VT
Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by natedog39 View Post
The flutes will be of the skin variety,,,,do you play?
I learned from the best, thanks Nate
crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:12 PM   #14
natedog39
New Sheriff in town
 
natedog39's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: ravena new york
Oddometer: 6,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
I learned from the best, thanks Nate
I knew something like that would be coming back my way.

So you coming down this way soon to play or what?
__________________

2014 FE 501
2012 990Adv

Team Ghetto does a hot lap of America
natedog39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:33 PM   #15
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies
 
crankshaft's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Burlingtron,VT
Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by natedog39 View Post
I knew something like that would be coming back my way.

So you coming down this way soon to play or what?
Yea, lets do it..... When baby when I'm wrapping up a project next week, so I'll be free as a bird for a little while until I start a medical facility end of April. Hows the riding at your place?

Went riding today with the new forks...

crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014