ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-28-2011, 10:30 AM   #1546
loph917
Beard Bros Racing
 
loph917's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: state of pain and confusion
Oddometer: 4,408
STARBUCKS. How apropos.

I still don't see knobbies on that yellow pig. How can you possibly ride that machine to its fullest potential with those street slicks on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schickmeister View Post
Don't see too many of these around here. Hawaii plates to boot! (military)

__________________
[ this space for rent ]
loph917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:54 AM   #1547
Yellow Iron
Beastly Adventurer
 
Yellow Iron's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Mountain Corners North Jersey
Oddometer: 3,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by loph917 View Post
STARBUCKS. How apropos.

I still don't see knobbies on that yellow pig. How can you possibly ride that machine to its fullest potential with those street slicks on?
Slicks Blah
Slicks work fine

__________________
Bigger Better Faster More----4 non blondes
Feel the Power of the Wheel
Yellow Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:56 AM   #1548
loph917
Beard Bros Racing
 
loph917's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: state of pain and confusion
Oddometer: 4,408
i've never seen a starbucks parking lot like that? where is that one; i bet the coffee there might be good!









(i never said they didn't work; i just said something in regards to 'fullest potential')


Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Iron View Post
Slicks Blah
Slicks work fine

__________________
[ this space for rent ]
loph917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:14 AM   #1549
Yellow Iron
Beastly Adventurer
 
Yellow Iron's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Mountain Corners North Jersey
Oddometer: 3,000
You mean the GS has more than this


you may have a riding partner soon
__________________
Bigger Better Faster More----4 non blondes
Feel the Power of the Wheel
Yellow Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:17 AM   #1550
Jiro
Watch Out for Squirrel!
 
Jiro's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Road Rage Jersey
Oddometer: 636
hope everybody's doing ok. Rode around for about 4 hours to Edgewater, Hoboken, NYC, Norwood, Nyack, Piermont, Northvale, etc. Feel sorry for those who lost power because I have heard that power may be out for about a week. Major suckery.
__________________
2003 F650GS
Ride Safe and Fast!
Jiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:14 AM   #1551
loph917
Beard Bros Racing
 
loph917's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: state of pain and confusion
Oddometer: 4,408
awesome! let's ride!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Iron View Post
you may have a riding partner soon
__________________
[ this space for rent ]
loph917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:34 AM   #1552
njd
Beastly Adventurer
 
njd's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 1,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by haystack View Post
Kansas is dry and sunny!
Your basement...not so much.
njd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:45 AM   #1553
Schickmeister
Youngin'
 
Schickmeister's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Your Mom's House
Oddometer: 2,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by loph917 View Post
STARBUCKS. How apropos.

I still don't see knobbies on that yellow pig. How can you possibly ride that machine to its fullest potential with those street slicks on?
Because to get anywhere that would make the knobbies worth it is about 400 miles away. Making 800 per trip on chip seal roads that tear up even street slicks in 4000 miles. The roads here in TX eat tires like nothing I"ve ever seen before...its ridiculous. I just put a new set of Tourances on there...I need distance. They are perfect for the plethora of fire roads around here. Knobbies not necessary.

Texas is big...can't just hop down the road 30 min to get to a change of scenery.

And yes...Starbucks...my little slice of home here in WFT. (West F'in Texas)
__________________
Jason
'11 Flying Banana
Schickmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:29 PM   #1554
> 1 BAD HABIT
Zadyma (PL)
 
> 1 BAD HABIT's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Clifton, NJ
Oddometer: 1,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schickmeister View Post
Because to get anywhere that would make the knobbies worth it is about 400 miles away. Making 800 per trip on chip seal roads that tear up even street slicks in 4000 miles. The roads here in TX eat tires like nothing I"ve ever seen before...its ridiculous. I just put a new set of Tourances on there...I need distance. They are perfect for the plethora of fire roads around here. Knobbies not necessary.

Texas is big...can't just hop down the road 30 min to get to a change of scenery.

And yes...Starbucks...my little slice of home here in WFT. (West F'in Texas)



> 1 BAD HABIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:27 PM   #1555
Schickmeister
Youngin'
 
Schickmeister's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Your Mom's House
Oddometer: 2,665
__________________
Jason
'11 Flying Banana
Schickmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:58 AM   #1556
MoBill OP
Smiles when says dat
 
MoBill's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 13,385
Talladega National Forest....mmmm....

Ahem...90% dirt from north of I-20 in AL to Fort Benning...nice.





Too much alone time...BUT...was still good.

MoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:13 AM   #1557
docgonzo
Old Gadfly
 
docgonzo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
Oddometer: 12,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by > 1 BAD HABIT View Post



It takes some longer then others to figure out the smart way to get to the trailhead for a decent dirt ride. There are no perfect tires. If you want real knobbies for real dirt, you need a good rig to get there. Adam, you take a while, but you finally have figured things out!

By the way, good thing none of us went to Killington for a summer ride this weekend. Anyone at the resort is now stranded!

http://www.firsttracksonline.com/201...board-vermont/

p.s., Loph, you still disappointed that the storm wasn't exciting enough for you? Have you seen the photos from Margaretville, NY?
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/frigh...ruction-photos
__________________
later, *
docgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:19 AM   #1558
MoBill OP
Smiles when says dat
 
MoBill's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 13,385
WTF Doc

don't comment on THAT...check out the view of awesomeness!!!!!! I posted.






Here...more tone-setting:



Sorry couldn't fix all that 'too-bright' part:
MoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:57 AM   #1559
> 1 BAD HABIT
Zadyma (PL)
 
> 1 BAD HABIT's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Clifton, NJ
Oddometer: 1,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by docgonzo View Post
It takes some longer then others to figure out the smart way to get to the trailhead for a decent dirt ride. There are no perfect tires. If you want real knobbies for real dirt, you need a good rig to get there. Adam, you take a while, but you finally have figured things out!

By the way, good thing none of us went to Killington for a summer ride this weekend. Anyone at the resort is now stranded!

http://www.firsttracksonline.com/201...board-vermont/

p.s., Loph, you still disappointed that the storm wasn't exciting enough for you? Have you seen the photos from Margaretville, NY?
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/frigh...ruction-photos
ahh.. the power of B/S
remember what was your nickname in school? don't make me bring that up in here, Barry..

anyway, the fine motorbike in question is not a dirt bike.., it's GS ...which stands for "Gelände/Strasse", which means terrain/street. (it should be /something else, if you add the fun you can have with it on twisties )
Even if the bike is not exactly THAT, somehow I find it difficult to imagine that MoBill would trail his baby to take few pictures of the awesome places you can see in his post
Ahh.. not that I miss you or anything, but how the hell are you anyway?
> 1 BAD HABIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:22 AM   #1560
haystack
Just ride
 
haystack's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Jersey Highlands
Oddometer: 3,557
NICE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBill View Post
But........



That muffler is hideous!
__________________
.
.
Indeed, This is a gentleman's game....
Quote:
German W.O.D. Certified
2014 Winner of the Biggest Potato in Jersey
haystack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014