Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2009, 11:09 PM   #16
Sankar73
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xomaman
Hey the Cagiva is a good size bike, I would like to hear what you think of it. I don't know the east coast backroads at all, but I have been there a few times and the roads were nice, I was wanting to venture off more but not sure how lost I would get....I will SMS you my number the weekends are good for me too.
The Gran Canyon has good handling with a ducati monster 900 engine and a really nice bike to ride... a little underpowered for a 900cc bike.. with the stock gearing you feel like you are abusing the engine above 160kmh... protection from the wind is almost zero... exhaust is very well muffled so can't really hear the famous ducati sound... you have to make sure you check and replace parts before they wear out and become unserviceable or you may be stranded for awhile

you can hardly get lost in Malaysia... the locals are very helpful and they will guide you if you ask them nicely... most of the time I go for rides alone and and just ride through without a plan of the destination... and head back home when i feel i'm done for the day...just enjoy the ride ...
Sankar73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 09:51 AM   #17
OzRoundin'
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
Jason Booking In!
OzRoundin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:53 PM   #18
stealthpilot313 OP
Stealthpilot

Oddometer: 95
Thumb

Thanks all for signing in. Glad you can join us.

I know the BMW club did arrange bikes to be transported up north before. Anybody gone on one of their trips before.

I have a friend who had decided to buy a GS up in Chiang Mai and flies up once in a while to ride there.

Xomaman, did you have to spend a long time waiting for the ferry? Do you think it's worth a trip there?
stealthpilot313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:23 AM   #19
kmax
Kruzer

Oddometer: 222
hi stealthpilot

welcome to singapore..

there are many Adventure bikers here and local forums for trips and bikes and whatever you can think of.

www.singaporebikes.com for general bikes of all sorts

here are reputable local clubs, frequent touring in malaysia, thailand and sometime cambodia

www.moto-v.sg

www.kruzer.sg

www.slackriders.com (for dirt bikes)

and here is me

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=1296
Old 09-03-2009, 10:36 PM   #20
stealthpilot313 OP
Stealthpilot

Thumb

Hi kmax

Thank you for the warm welcome. This is indeed a beautiful country.

Kruzer has come a long way and you guys are doing a great job bringing the community together. Hope to join you and some of your Malaysia exploration rides some day.

Enjoy your ride.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:16 AM   #21
kmax
Kruzer

Hi StealthPilot

Seems like u know Kruzers :)

well, see you around sometimes..
Old 09-05-2009, 08:39 PM   #22
Xomaman
AKA: Critter

Oddometer: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthpilot313
Thanks all for signing in. Glad you can join us.

I know the BMW club did arrange bikes to be transported up north before. Anybody gone on one of their trips before.

I have a friend who had decided to buy a GS up in Chiang Mai and flies up once in a while to ride there.

Xomaman, did you have to spend a long time waiting for the ferry? Do you think it's worth a trip there?
Hey sorry for the late reply, haven't been on this forum so much. The ferry to Koh Samui is very easy, there are two ferry services that basically depart every hour. You ride to Don Sak via route 4142, follow the signs to terminal, buy ticket, get in line. Ride on ride off. They sell water, beer and drinks, snacks, etc. so it is comfortable. The ferry ride was about 1.5 hours and the passenger rate was 80 baht but I got charged 250 because of "big bike". Is it worth going? That depends on what you like to do, there are some decent affordable resorts to stay at if you want to spend a few days on the beach but there are a lot of bars there and i think the place is turning to/catering to more of a Patpong crowd.

The island itself is small riding-wise and I think I circled it in an hour via the highway. Here is a few links to the ferry sites. There are two places to ferry from and two companies, either one works:

http://rajaferryport.com/ferryport/S...S/Default.aspx

http://www.thailandday.com/Boattransfer/kosamui.html

Why don't they just make the whole plane out of that black box stuff?
Xomaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:06 AM   #23
stealthpilot313 OP
Stealthpilot

Thumb

Just did a little trip with an inmate from here. Anyone interested to join us on our next one?

Here's the link to out RR:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=504370

Enjoy.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:56 PM   #24
kmax
Kruzer

nice one stealthrider..would like to join next time..

btw there is one guy i read about in forum that he imported F800GS from UK to SG.

http://f800gsrider.blogspot.com/

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...76274&page=216
Old 09-11-2009, 02:35 AM   #25
WE300B
n00b

Oddometer: 2
WE300B signing in ... 1st post in ADV

Stayin in NorthEast
Duc Multistrada & Vespa LX150
WE300B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:46 AM   #26
Xomaman
AKA: Critter

Oddometer: 29
Looks like it was a fun ride. Not just all highway, but what those bikes are made for.

Why don't they just make the whole plane out of that black box stuff?
Xomaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:30 AM   #27
Sankar73
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthpilot313
Just did a little trip with an inmate from here. Anyone interested to join us on our next one?

Here's the link to out RR:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=504370

Enjoy.
great ride... good job on the dirt road...

i can't imagine myself going onto the dirt trail on the Gran Canyon with dual purpose tires... knobbies maybe...

maybe i shd join u the next time around.... and
Old 09-11-2009, 06:33 AM   #28
Sankar73
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WE300B
WE300B signing in ... 1st post in ADV

Stayin in NorthEast
Duc Multistrada & Vespa LX150
guess what??? I just rode past a Multistrada this morning near clementi road until i turned into Ngee Ann Poly.... could that have been u??
Old 09-11-2009, 09:06 PM   #29
stealthpilot313 OP
Stealthpilot

Thumb

Thank you WE300B and OzRoundin', Jason, for signing in. Glad you can join us. Let's all try to grow our little ADV community so that we can get together and do something we all love......Ride!

The last trip with 351mustang was done on a weekday on stolen time. Kind of a weekly getaway. Like he said....some people like to play golf, we just ride.

I recall the days when I took half a day off which ended more like three quarter of a day eventually to play a round of 18. Sometimes, it could be a whole Saturday away from the family just to enjoy my game. After a few years, I realized that these games were simply taking too much of my work and precious family time. That was when I decided to look out for another hobby that I can pursue which allow me to manage my time better and have things in balance. That's when I decided to ride again.

With riding I can have the flexibility of choosing to ride for 3 hours or 3 days. With golf, once you tee off, you will have to finish the game. Even a 30 mins ride can sometimes fulfil my satisfaction that I have had a great weekend. That's the magic what riding does to me these days. Having said that, I sometimes feel something amissed on Sunday evenings when I had not had a ride.

With riding, I realized that while it may be fun riding in a group, there are also moments that I just want to ride alone. I guess that is the reason there are so many RR that are done solo. (Maybe, that's the reason why we are here too. Adventurers or having adventurous spirits or desires inside us).

I am sure all of us have our stories and I am certain all of us are keen to hear yours.

While we are all busy people,let's try to keep this thread a little more alive by sharing our new discoveries, new toys, new experiences, trips and stories.

Enjoy your rides!
Old 09-13-2009, 11:09 AM   #30
spyder8850
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Hi guys...

Another spore rider here...