ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Asia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 08:00 AM   #91
AJ..
Beastly Adventurer
 
AJ..'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Singapore
Oddometer: 1,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by james80
AJ keep the XR650 and ditch all the rest... Making way for the Super Tenere..
well...i still love my TDM leh....would'nt mind ditching the Vara....the DR is going very soon...making way for a CX500...olskool...

But with the weight of the new 1200,i am very much upset with the weight and snuggish exhaust ala the Stelvio...somehow i am still much prefer the artist impression of the new 1200 with underseat exhaust and 660z headfairing...

I am thinking to just stick to my 900 and mod it extensively for a better lighter adventure machine compared to spending thousands and thousands of dollars on the new 1200...


oh btw....i think we need more photos in this thread...
I'll just start...
__________________
HONDA XRV750-02,XL1000V(project)(woot-woot)BMW R1100GS-'98()
KTM640ADV,KTM620DUKE projected()VF750C-96(project tracker)
(Hyundai Tucson-(For Family)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/AJs-fr...7491373?v=wall

AJ.. screwed with this post 02-28-2010 at 08:12 AM
AJ.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:18 AM   #92
bedoqstar
Adventurer
 
bedoqstar's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: OUG, Wheel Town
Oddometer: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthpilot313
Greetings.

Very glad to have a Malaysian biker friend on our little thread. Will certainly give you ticker if/when we are heading up north. Impressed with you ride experience. Care to share some of your Laos and Europe experience and pictures.

BTW, where in Malaysia are you at?

hi stealthpilot,

sorry been bz with work and ride. i lived in kuala lumpur. just had a few ride with some fellow bikers from foriegn mags. here are some mix pics from previous mix ride...


otw to berlin



Globglockner



top view of globglockner


i will post more...soon!

bedoqstar screwed with this post 02-28-2010 at 10:52 AM
bedoqstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 04:59 PM   #93
stealthpilot313 OP
Stealthpilot
 
stealthpilot313's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Little Red Dot
Oddometer: 95
AJ and bedoqstar,

Looks like you folks had some real good fun. Keep the picts coming.
stealthpilot313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:21 PM   #94
bedoqstar
Adventurer
 
bedoqstar's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: OUG, Wheel Town
Oddometer: 26
at berlin wall



oktoberfest





posing onthe C1



crossing baltic sea to Denmark



in the ferry to Denmark



Jammed on the Autobahn



more pics to come
bedoqstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:20 PM   #95
deaninkl
Gnarly Adventurer
 
deaninkl's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: KL, Malaysia
Oddometer: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ..
well...i still love my TDM leh....would'nt mind ditching the Vara....the DR is going very soon...making way for a CX500...olskool...

But with the weight of the new 1200,i am very much upset with the weight and snuggish exhaust ala the Stelvio...somehow i am still much prefer the artist impression of the new 1200 with underseat exhaust and 660z headfairing...

I am thinking to just stick to my 900 and mod it extensively for a better lighter adventure machine compared to spending thousands and thousands of dollars on the new 1200...


oh btw....i think we need more photos in this thread...

I'll just start...
Hi AJ,
I think its a sensible move to trick out the TDM rather than the extortionate price that will surely accompany the new 1200. The price of the latest toys is getting out of hand here and in malaysia (new Harleys in KL are 180K ringgit for a softail). I use to have a CX when they first came out in the UK, fantastic touring bike, do they have any in Singapore?

Dean in KL
__________________
"don't wait for your boat to come in... swim out and meet the bloody thing"
Barry Sheene
deaninkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:07 AM   #96
kmax
Kruzer
 
kmax's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Singapore
Oddometer: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar73
Have you seen the new Super Tenere from Yamaha... awesome. .. I feel like ditching my Gran Canyon for this...
pls let me know if u really gona ditch gran canyon
__________________
Roamer, Wanderer, Nomad, Vagabond, Call me what you will
kmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:31 AM   #97
AJ..
Beastly Adventurer
 
AJ..'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Singapore
Oddometer: 1,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaninkl
Hi AJ,
I think its a sensible move to trick out the TDM rather than the extortionate price that will surely accompany the new 1200. The price of the latest toys is getting out of hand here and in malaysia (new Harleys in KL are 180K ringgit for a softail). I use to have a CX when they first came out in the UK, fantastic touring bike, do they have any in Singapore?

Dean in KL

Hi Dean...About the TDM...that's my best bet...very much same thinking...even in Singapore...the price for the XT660Z is already SGD$21k.That already hit a record high price for a Big Single japanese Thumper which running on XT engine.even the Aprillia Pegaso with the same XT engine cost only about SGD$15k.
So just some imaginary figures,the price of the new 1200tenere should be SGD$33k if it were to land here...that would be the same price of a new Motoguzzi Stelvio...

About the CX500,from what my friend told me,there is only 4 in Singapore...
So,this is the CX i am striking a deal.


And what poisoned me,is this CX built from someone in UK if not mistaken.


I intend to either built something similar,or maybe street tracker style...love the sweet roaring of that bike...
__________________
HONDA XRV750-02,XL1000V(project)(woot-woot)BMW R1100GS-'98()
KTM640ADV,KTM620DUKE projected()VF750C-96(project tracker)
(Hyundai Tucson-(For Family)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/AJs-fr...7491373?v=wall
AJ.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:30 AM   #98
bikerbrown
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Singapore
Oddometer: 25
Cx

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ..
Hi Dean...About the TDM...that's my best bet...very much same thinking...even in Singapore...the price for the XT660Z is already SGD$21k.That already hit a record high price for a Big Single japanese Thumper which running on XT engine.even the Aprillia Pegaso with the same XT engine cost only about SGD$15k.
So just some imaginary figures,the price of the new 1200tenere should be SGD$33k if it were to land here...that would be the same price of a new Motoguzzi Stelvio...

About the CX500,from what my friend told me,there is only 4 in Singapore...
So,this is the CX i am striking a deal.


And what poisoned me,is this CX built from someone in UK if not mistaken.


I intend to either built something similar,or maybe street tracker style...love the sweet roaring of that bike...

Hey AJ...

I recently scraped my CX500...if I had known earlier, I would pass it to you for parts... had the same idea too about the cafe racer mod... anyway.. I might sell my Tenere... and Ian is buying the Baja....again.... found another old skool toy to play with....so some bikes need to go.....

Cheers!
D
bikerbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:42 AM   #99
AJ..
Beastly Adventurer
 
AJ..'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Singapore
Oddometer: 1,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerbrown
Hey AJ...

I recently scraped my CX500...if I had known earlier, I would pass it to you for parts... had the same idea too about the cafe racer mod... anyway.. I might sell my Tenere... and Ian is buying the Baja....again.... found another old skool toy to play with....so some bikes need to go.....

Cheers!
D


eh...you selling your tenere?are you back?can pm me the price?
I waited for the DR spares you want to give me until i sold the bike you still out there...
__________________
HONDA XRV750-02,XL1000V(project)(woot-woot)BMW R1100GS-'98()
KTM640ADV,KTM620DUKE projected()VF750C-96(project tracker)
(Hyundai Tucson-(For Family)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/AJs-fr...7491373?v=wall
AJ.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:45 AM   #100
aki
Gnarly Adventurer
 
aki's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Oddometer: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ..
well...i still love my TDM leh....would'nt mind ditching the Vara....the DR is going very soon...making way for a CX500...olskool...

But with the weight of the new 1200,i am very much upset with the weight and snuggish exhaust ala the Stelvio...somehow i am still much prefer the artist impression of the new 1200 with underseat exhaust and 660z headfairing...

I am thinking to just stick to my 900 and mod it extensively for a better lighter adventure machine compared to spending thousands and thousands of dollars on the new 1200...


oh btw....i think we need more photos in this thread...
I'll just start...
Hi AJ, so your DR is going out for sale soon?
I wish I could buy it from you but that's out of the question. I'd been admiring your DR and if there are any spares/parts/accessories that you don't need anymore please pm me first as long as it compatible to my 1993 model.
Cheers.

Ride hard, Ride safe.
aki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:29 AM   #101
AJ..
Beastly Adventurer
 
AJ..'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Singapore
Oddometer: 1,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by aki
Hi AJ, so your DR is going out for sale soon?
I wish I could buy it from you but that's out of the question. I'd been admiring your DR and if there are any spares/parts/accessories that you don't need anymore please pm me first as long as it compatible to my 1993 model.
Cheers.

Ride hard, Ride safe.

Hey bro...

Sad to say....i just handed it over to the new owner 2days ago...

I gave all the spares and the extras to the new owner...

Had to let it go to make way for 4wheels...no choice man....need transport for the baby...

Btw...i will be heading to Siam in about 5days from now...it will be 10days ride..
2 XR650R and 1 angmoh on KTM990adv....

Will update some prep and journey photos...
__________________
HONDA XRV750-02,XL1000V(project)(woot-woot)BMW R1100GS-'98()
KTM640ADV,KTM620DUKE projected()VF750C-96(project tracker)
(Hyundai Tucson-(For Family)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/AJs-fr...7491373?v=wall
AJ.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 04:00 AM   #102
twisticles
n00b
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Oddometer: 7
Hey Stealth, Scramble and everyone,

I am in SG too. Imported my F800GS from the UK last year, but opening one of the IR here hasn't left me with much time for ADV.

Would be great to join you guys, especially on one-day outings.

I am off this Sunday to the Highlands for a couple of nights of twisties and cool air, think I will base myself at Bukit Fraser.

My first trip to Endau Rompin is on my blog at http://f800gsrider.blogspot.com/2009...n-with-in.html
twisticles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:40 AM   #103
AJ..
Beastly Adventurer
 
AJ..'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Singapore
Oddometer: 1,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by twisticles
Hey Stealth, Scramble and everyone,

I am in SG too. Imported my F800GS from the UK last year, but opening one of the IR here hasn't left me with much time for ADV.

Would be great to join you guys, especially on one-day outings.

I am off this Sunday to the Highlands for a couple of nights of twisties and cool air, think I will base myself at Bukit Fraser.

My first trip to Endau Rompin is on my blog at http://f800gsrider.blogspot.com/2009...n-with-in.html


Nice blog...
and hope you enjoy your stay in hot sunny Singapore...
__________________
HONDA XRV750-02,XL1000V(project)(woot-woot)BMW R1100GS-'98()
KTM640ADV,KTM620DUKE projected()VF750C-96(project tracker)
(Hyundai Tucson-(For Family)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/AJs-fr...7491373?v=wall
AJ.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:00 PM   #104
thenation
n00b
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Oddometer: 5
My first post on ADV...no thanks to kmax who wants me to follow in his footsteps and give up studying for forum surfing...

thenation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:37 PM   #105
Solstice0000
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Solstice0000's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Singapore
Oddometer: 138
Welcome!

Hey there, Twisticles (a great nic, btw), yeah I've read your blog before and it was excellent. Well give us a heads up when you can see some free time and perhaps we could pull a ride together. Hope you enjoyed your trip to Frasers Hill/Cameron Highlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisticles
Hey Stealth, Scramble and everyone,

I am in SG too. Imported my F800GS from the UK last year, but opening one of the IR here hasn't left me with much time for ADV.

Would be great to join you guys, especially on one-day outings.

I am off this Sunday to the Highlands for a couple of nights of twisties and cool air, think I will base myself at Bukit Fraser.

My first trip to Endau Rompin is on my blog at http://f800gsrider.blogspot.com/2009...n-with-in.html
Solstice0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014