Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 34 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-02-2012, 04:07 AM   #1231
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by maloryII View Post
0% chance that's in US... front plate gives it away.

Mancunia... aren't people from Manchester called Mancunians or somesuch?

And I love everything about the new RR except for the gills on the forward doors. Sigh.

It'd look so much cleaner without those.
Yup.

It's also a RHD.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:55 AM   #1232
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post
Yup.

It's also a RHD.
Note also that the speed limit sign is not a US style and is on the "wrong" side of the road.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:27 AM   #1233
Srbenda
Embassy of South Carolina

Oddometer: 11,972
Well, I was hoping.

Thanks for ruining my fantasy, all of you.

It seemed to me that the earth may he borrowed but not bought. It may be used but not owned. It gives itself in response to love and tending.... But we are tenants and not possessors, lovers and not masters.
Srbenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:56 AM   #1234
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
That's what we are here for Amigo ;)
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:35 AM   #1235
maloryII
more north, more wet

Oddometer: 3,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srbenda View Post
Well, I was hoping.

Thanks for ruining my fantasy, all of you.

The diesels are coming... I'm hoping the floodgates will open when Chevy introduces their light-duty Duramax.

"The pen & sword, in accord."
"It's never over in a Rover."
maloryII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:31 AM   #1236
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn View Post
Note also that the speed limit is more realistic instead of the retarded speed limits in the US and is on the "wrong" side of the road.
Fixed
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:37 PM   #1237
syntec4
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,147
Hi, Sorry for the late reply. Been out riding!

Yes, i'm in Manchester UK. The Pics were taken on the Snake pass (a57) on the Derbyshire/Yorkshire border. It's only a couple of hours drive north of the Factory in Solihull. The number plates are what we call trade plates. You can use them to drive any vehicle that is not yet registered, has no tax disk etc.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #1238
neduro
Addict

Oddometer: 11,757
Is anyone an FI expert?

The 3.5 has come out, and a 2002 4.0 has gone in. I budgeted 3 days for the work, it's now been about 10 days, so I guess I was optimistic as usual. Replaced lots of things that I wasn't sure I'd need at the outset- clutch, distributor, tranny seals, etc, and found a million things to sort out "as long as I'm in here" like wiring, fuel lines, etc. That's all done and happy. So much more confidence in the truck now that I've seen it from the inside!

The truck currently runs and drives (well, but less quickly than I was hoping!) on the new engine with the old intake/ FI system... but...

The new engine came with a much improved intake manifold and plenum, which I'd like to use. I think there's a bunch of power and efficiency to be gained with it. I've already sorted out all the plumbing on the thing, but the injectors in it (Bosch 0280155787) are high impedance, and my computer will only drive low impedance ones. So now, I'm trying to figure out where to source low impedance ones with similar flow to what's in there, and then of course we'll find out if tuning is required.

If anyone is FI-knowledgable, or can point me in the right direction, I'd sure appreciate it! Thanks in advance. My goal is a Bosch Fuel Injector with the same form factor as the existing ones, similar flow (~190ccs), but low impedance.

Interesting factoid- according to a longtime LR tech that swung by to point and laugh, many of the engines labeled as 4.0s are actually 4.6s- apparently, Rover didn't want to re-smog certify, so they started shipping the new engine while calling it the old. I haven't measured mine to find out what it actually displaces... apparently that's the only way to know for sure.

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:25 PM   #1239
Hurley959
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by neduro View Post
Is anyone an FI expert?

The 3.5 has come out, and a 2002 4.0 has gone in. I budgeted 3 days for the work, it's now been about 10 days, so I guess I was optimistic as usual. Replaced lots of things that I wasn't sure I'd need at the outset- clutch, distributor, tranny seals, etc, and found a million things to sort out "as long as I'm in here" like wiring, fuel lines, etc. That's all done and happy. So much more confidence in the truck now that I've seen it from the inside!

The truck currently runs and drives (well, but less quickly than I was hoping!) on the new engine with the old intake/ FI system... but...

The new engine came with a much improved intake manifold and plenum, which I'd like to use. I think there's a bunch of power and efficiency to be gained with it. I've already sorted out all the plumbing on the thing, but the injectors in it (Bosch 0280155787) are high impedance, and my computer will only drive low impedance ones. So now, I'm trying to figure out where to source low impedance ones with similar flow to what's in there, and then of course we'll find out if tuning is required.

If anyone is FI-knowledgable, or can point me in the right direction, I'd sure appreciate it! Thanks in advance. My goal is a Bosch Fuel Injector with the same form factor as the existing ones, similar flow (~190ccs), but low impedance.

Interesting factoid- according to a longtime LR tech that swung by to point and laugh, many of the engines labeled as 4.0s are actually 4.6s- apparently, Rover didn't want to re-smog certify, so they started shipping the new engine while calling it the old. I haven't measured mine to find out what it actually displaces... apparently that's the only way to know for sure.
Give PT Schram a call. He's an incredibly knowledgeable individual and might be able to point you in the right direction. 260.804.0458

Hurley959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:21 AM   #1240
neduro
Addict

Oddometer: 11,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley959 View Post
Give PT Schram a call. He's an incredibly knowledgeable individual and might be able to point you in the right direction. 260.804.0458

Thanks for the lead! Is he a business or an individual?

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:35 AM   #1241
Hurley959
Adventurer

Business. He's a cool guy, you'll enjoy talking to him.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:56 PM   #1242
Hay Ewe
Just a Wannabe

Oddometer: 2,407
10 days ago I posted about a fuel leak on my 02 Disco 2a.
turns out it was a pin prick hole on one of the platic fuel lines from the (supply or return I dont know) It had chaffed through on another pipe.

I dropped the tank (with help from neighbor) gave it a good clean with soapy water. I cut the pipe, slid a length of flexible fuel injection hose over and clamped. function checked and it all seems good now.

I also pulled the pump out and cleaned the filters in that and checked the tank for fungal growth and debris. the fuel gauge never went to full, onlt 3/4 and so I checked the resistance on that. measured as per the book. (i dont know what I would have done if it didn't). The fuel gauge never went to full, Mrs Hay Ewe reprots this morning that it does now after she filled it.

Hay Ewe
He'd swear a lot, dance on the log cards, piss in Johnny's beer and head off to the nearest bar 🍷
Hay Ewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:01 AM   #1243
Mav OP
Something witty...

Oddometer: 3,675
For those with any doubt over the Discovery's ability off road, check out this vid of a Disco on std suspension and OEM tyres....

-------------------------
All the gear.. no idea!
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:39 PM   #1244
Andylaser
Heavy Metal

Oddometer: 952

OLD SKOOL HEAVY METAL
Andylaser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:54 PM   #1245
Hurley959
Adventurer

Is that paint or vinyl? I'm not crazy about the scheme, but that is a nicely modified truck otherwise. I need a 110SW bad.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: