ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Pics, pics, pics...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-13-2011, 06:51 PM   #706
hanksmybuddy
Gnarly Adventurer
 
hanksmybuddy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Tacoma, Washington
Oddometer: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgypup View Post
Best video of DV I've seen yet!

Next time, try embedding it by going to the youtube page, clicking on "share" then "embed" and copy that code. Come back here to your post and click that "A/A" button in the upper right hand corner above the happy faced star. That should let you embed your youtube clip and it will be playable within the advrider post.

Once again, nice work!
Thanks.....now I know how to do this. I tried the other night with my original post but couldn't get it to work. Now I know.
hanksmybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:33 PM   #707
thumpididump
MacGyver
 
thumpididump's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Germany
Oddometer: 2,579
Can anyone provide some tips on how to retain the super-smooth video that you get with 60 frames per second on a GoPro 960 when you post if online (ex: YouTube)? They look so nice when I pop the memory card into my computer, but then I split and join a few clips using either Windows Live Movie Maker (Windows 7) ... and even tried with Adobe Premiere 9... and can't seem to find a way to save it while retaining 60fps. ... then upload to Youtube and it looks like shit.

The GoPro 960 and it has 3 record modes:

#1 848x640 @ 60fps
#2 1280x720 @ 30fps
#3 1280x960 @ 30fps

I prefer the smoothness of the first one because of the high frame rate, and also because it doesn't chew through memory cards as quickly as mode #3.

Any tips you can offer are appreciated. I'm not a computer dummy, but I've never done video editing before.
__________________
Keyboard Diarrhea
2014 KTM 690 Enduro R
Poor decisions always lead to great adventures.
thumpididump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:02 AM   #708
AlpineGuerrilla
Gnarly Adventurer
 
AlpineGuerrilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Oddometer: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpididump View Post
Can anyone provide some tips on how to retain the super-smooth video that you get with 60 frames per second on a GoPro 960 when you post if online (ex: YouTube)? They look so nice when I pop the memory card into my computer, but then I split and join a few clips using either Windows Live Movie Maker (Windows 7) ... and even tried with Adobe Premiere 9... and can't seem to find a way to save it while retaining 60fps. ... then upload to Youtube and it looks like shit.

The GoPro 960 and it has 3 record modes:

#1 848x640 @ 60fps
#2 1280x720 @ 30fps
#3 1280x960 @ 30fps

I prefer the smoothness of the first one because of the high frame rate, and also because it doesn't chew through memory cards as quickly as mode #3.

Any tips you can offer are appreciated. I'm not a computer dummy, but I've never done video editing before.
I don't think YouTube supports 60fps movies. But anyway, clips captured with 60fps are much smoother even when played with 30fps. I haven't uploaded my videos to YouTube yet, but the export from Adobe Premiere looks very nice. I used this guide to decide with which settings to export them:

http://webvideotechniques.com/123/bi...for-youtube-hd
AlpineGuerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:03 AM   #709
titbird
motorcycle crazy
 
titbird's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Somewhere in Africa
Oddometer: 49
__________________

www.tony-ontheroad.blogspot.com
titbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:06 AM   #710
thumpididump
MacGyver
 
thumpididump's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Germany
Oddometer: 2,579
Thanks.



Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineGuerrilla View Post
I don't think YouTube supports 60fps movies. But anyway, clips captured with 60fps are much smoother even when played with 30fps. I haven't uploaded my videos to YouTube yet, but the export from Adobe Premiere looks very nice. I used this guide to decide with which settings to export them:

http://webvideotechniques.com/123/bi...for-youtube-hd
__________________
Keyboard Diarrhea
2014 KTM 690 Enduro R
Poor decisions always lead to great adventures.
thumpididump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 12:29 PM   #711
Bigger Bird
Adventurer
 
Bigger Bird's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: South Wales - UK
Oddometer: 41
Just kicking back in Norway

">http://
Bigger Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:38 AM   #712
DetoX68
Gnarly Adventurer
 
DetoX68's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Holland
Oddometer: 164
Nice vid from Conti


DetoX68 screwed with this post 05-15-2011 at 02:44 AM
DetoX68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:51 AM   #713
deguoren
该出手时就出手
 
deguoren's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: big freezer Germany
Oddometer: 161
Enduro Tour Norther Thailand

Golden Triangle Tour 2010 from deguoren on Vimeo.




Did an awesome Northern Thailand Enduro Tour last December with Siamenduro.
12 days, so the video got rather long....

Some great roads, single tracks and great blasts through the woods & mountains.
deguoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #714
Sandman 950
.
 
Sandman 950's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: 30 miles norf ov London init!
Oddometer: 192
a gentle English countryside ride doesn't stay gentle for long.......GOPRO video test Vimeo.
__________________
KLX 250Fi
270 REV3
PUCH MAGNUM X
Sandman 950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:35 PM   #715
crpntr
Studly Adventurer
 
crpntr's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: the woods
Oddometer: 545
This is my first edit and audio with adobe premiere 9 (or anything else for that matter). Just playing around. You guys have some great videos!


__________________
You ain't gettin any younger, better get after it!
crpntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:38 PM   #716
TheMadMike
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: North Georgia
Oddometer: 40
That was flipping fun. O crap I bent my handle bars.


Yes that was me...
TheMadMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:00 AM   #717
theycallmeebryan
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Pearl River, NY
Oddometer: 55
Having some fun last year on my 2000 Yz250. Finally back in to motocross after 9 years!
theycallmeebryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:49 PM   #718
Sandman 950
.
 
Sandman 950's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: 30 miles norf ov London init!
Oddometer: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadMike View Post
That was flipping fun. O crap I bent my handle bars.


Yes that was me...

HEY MIKE.....SWEET PARKING
__________________
KLX 250Fi
270 REV3
PUCH MAGNUM X
Sandman 950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:11 PM   #719
tashi71
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Oddometer: 30
Plage Blanche, Morocco (650Dakar)

Hi all - just back from Morocco.
Didn't have a fancy cam but tried anyway.

Plage Blanche at 120km/h, guess I could have pushed for 130 but since I was riding alone I didn't wat to push my luck lol

tashi71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:26 PM   #720
rubRsidedown
Beastly Adventurer
 
rubRsidedown's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Maineiacationland, USA
Oddometer: 2,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmeebryan View Post
Having some fun last year on my 2000 Yz250. Finally back in to motocross after 9 years!
Looks like you still got it.

Ride safe.
__________________
Jeff B In Maine
05.5 KTM 950 Adventure Black, Mine
06 BMW F650GS Electric Orange, Hers
"We don't quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
rubRsidedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014