User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 53 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 12:58 PM   #736
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 28,097
Y'all can come look in the barn out back iffen y'all wanna. There's a couple of first gen Eldorados out there, A Camaro that's been rolled, and some other assorted 'stuff' that someone may need.

M
Old 01-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #737
NDEBT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,170
1957 Fairlane Skyliner

A sales guy at works Father is in very bad health and has had this car in a garage for 20 years when it was parked and ran. He wanted to get it running for his Dad not restored just so he could go out and start it for his Dad and I had an empty detail stall at work so I told him to bring it and we will make it run.

It was supposed to be a 67 427 from the race circuit back in the day but it is not the mains are not cross bolted but I didn't tell him that. He bought new wheels and tires for it I put some points,plugs in it repaired some rat chewed wires some hoses fuel pump and the somebitch fired right up. I think it may be a 406,390,360? It is still pretty cool I would love to have it.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain
NDEBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:42 PM   #738
ttpete
Rectum Non Bustibus

Oddometer: 5,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDEBT View Post
A sales guy at works Father is in very bad health and has had this car in a garage for 20 years when it was parked and ran. He wanted to get it running for his Dad not restored just so he could go out and start it for his Dad and I had an empty detail stall at work so I told him to bring it and we will make it run.

It was supposed to be a 67 427 from the race circuit back in the day but it is not the mains are not cross bolted but I didn't tell him that. He bought new wheels and tires for it I put some points,plugs in it repaired some rat chewed wires some hoses fuel pump and the somebitch fired right up. I think it may be a 406,390,360? It is still pretty cool I would love to have it.

Retractable hardtop. Nice.

Might want to pop a valve cover. If the rockers are adjustable, it has solid lifters, which is what all of the performance FE engines had. They also had dual point distributors.
67 Triumph Bonneville TT Special
ttpete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:59 PM   #739
NDEBT
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttpete View Post
Retractable hardtop. Nice.

Might want to pop a valve cover. If the rockers are adjustable, it has solid lifters, which is what all of the performance FE engines had. They also had dual point distributors.

Yeah, it is single points I just wanted to make it start I'm stopping there I know me. It does have a Cobra intake on it.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain
Old 01-16-2013, 08:34 PM   #740
RED CAT
Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer: 2,885
Thats a 58 Ford.

Engine could be a 332 V8. My first ever car. Paid $150. for it and sold it to my buddy for the same price. His father never forgave me.
RED CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:48 PM   #741
MortimerSickle
Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer: 12,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED CAT View Post
Thats a 58 Ford..
It has a '57 hood, a '57 grille, '57 side trim, and '57 headlights.

I miss round headlights.

"When I was a young man, I liked to race my horse...." -
G.H.W.S. 1878-1962
MortimerSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:53 PM   #742
MortimerSickle
Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer: 12,053
1958 Ford.

I miss round headlights.

"When I was a young man, I liked to race my horse...." -
G.H.W.S. 1878-1962
MortimerSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:53 PM   #743
NDEBT
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED CAT View Post
Engine could be a 332 V8. My first ever car. Paid $150. for it and sold it to my buddy for the same price. His father never forgave me.

Nope. Look at the headlights 1957 this is not the original engine.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:40 PM   #744
Otis the Sasquatch
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,090
BTW one the best occupations to be in for finding stuff in garages/barns is.... locksmith. A brother of a co-worker, a locksmith & Gearhead, has found a LOT of neat stuff over the years. Estates and other property changes hands, and locks are changed.

His latest find was one of his best. In this case he was there to change the locks on the house at the request of a gal settling up her father's estate. He opened the man-door to the garage and found one of these.
(Pic grabbed off the net)

1961 Ford Starliner. All black. It had the 390, w/ a 3 2-bbl (dealer option), 3-speed column shift, cast-iron header-style exhaust manifolds, ALL records in a binder in the trunk. It was owned by a guy who was a Ford service tech back in the day and purchased it new. It was his Baby, driven regularly but as the weekend and special occasion vehicle. It had last run about a year earlier. Basically a clean, no rust, shiny time capsule. After he finished his work (and inspection of the car) he asked about availability and was told they'd call him after the estate was settled up and it was ready for sale.

Fast forward 6 months. They wanted $15k, he offered $13,500. Sold.
Next thing I hear about it is the co-worker standing next to me w/ his brother on speaker phone.
"Listen to THIS!" (vroom-vroom).
Got the Ford?
"Got it? I'm DRIVING it!! Jumped the battery and it fired right up. I said screw the trailer, I'm gonna' DRIVE it home!"
Followed by more engine sounds, a little tire screeching, and much hysterical laughter.

He wanted to keep it, but needed the money for the '70 Buick Grand Sport 455 he was restoring. So it was sold about 4 months later for $18,500 in as-found condition.

Maybe I should learn locksmithing.

Fact is, I like roads. I like to move.
Harry Truman
Otis the Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:09 PM   #745
ttpete
Rectum Non Bustibus

Oddometer: 5,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis the Sasquatch View Post
BTW one the best occupations to be in for finding stuff in garages/barns is.... locksmith. A brother of a co-worker, a locksmith & Gearhead, has found a LOT of neat stuff over the years. Estates and other property changes hands, and locks are changed.

His latest find was one of his best. In this case he was there to change the locks on the house at the request of a gal settling up her father's estate. He opened the man-door to the garage and found one of these.
(Pic grabbed off the net)

1961 Ford Starliner. All black. It had the 390, w/ a 3 2-bbl (dealer option), 3-speed column shift, cast-iron header-style exhaust manifolds, ALL records in a binder in the trunk. It was owned by a guy who was a Ford service tech back in the day and purchased it new. It was his Baby, driven regularly but as the weekend and special occasion vehicle. It had last run about a year earlier. Basically a clean, no rust, shiny time capsule. After he finished his work (and inspection of the car) he asked about availability and was told they'd call him after the estate was settled up and it was ready for sale.

Fast forward 6 months. They wanted $15k, he offered $13,500. Sold.
Next thing I hear about it is the co-worker standing next to me w/ his brother on speaker phone.
"Listen to THIS!" (vroom-vroom).
Got the Ford?
"Got it? I'm DRIVING it!! Jumped the battery and it fired right up. I said screw the trailer, I'm gonna' DRIVE it home!"
Followed by more engine sounds, a little tire screeching, and much hysterical laughter.

He wanted to keep it, but needed the money for the '70 Buick Grand Sport 455 he was restoring. So it was sold about 4 months later for $18,500 in as-found condition.

Maybe I should learn locksmithing.

In 1961, the 390 3X2 setup was rated at 401 hp. The single 4 bbl was rated at 375 hp.

http://www.mre-books.com/sa25/sa25_5.html
67 Triumph Bonneville TT Special
ttpete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:02 AM   #746
HighAlpineDrifter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 25,724
It's for sale. The car...not the wench.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/3680002414.html

And I know some of you want this

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/3672545034.html

Old 03-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #747
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 10,214
I know of a guy that has about 80 Nash Healey's in a barn back east. He doesn't do anything with them.... he just collects them

Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:59 PM   #748
Otis the Sasquatch
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,090
Went to the swap meet last week. Found a couple that qualify for this thread.

Modded back in the day. The rims are new...

... but the engine swap was done a LONG time ago.

And I remember this one from the Shriners' parades in the 60's & 70's. A couple of fat Shriner Clowns in the back seat = all day wheelies!

And the Living Barn Find himself was there.

"Hobo Jack" from the Pickers. AKA Backwoods Jack.

Yes, I know. Could be just ANY homeless person from the quality of this pic. He lives near here (Litchfield, IL?)
He was there w/ an old Ford Ranger and small trailer. Hawking his CD's () and selling some junk.
His website ()...
http://www.backwoodsjack.com/

Pic from the Net.

Fact is, I like roads. I like to move.
Harry Truman
Otis the Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #749
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 5,153
I remember seeing Hobo Jack on American Pickers.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:58 AM   #750
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 16,535
Stolen from the Vans thread...

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.

~Augustine of Hippo
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: