Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2009, 03:24 PM   #1
andreslobo OP
n00b

Oddometer: 7
need tracks from Bay Area to Boise ID

I have some friends who want to ride backroads, fire trails, and some single tracks as far as practical from the bay area to Boise ID.

I have suggested a trip that takes them through silver city in idaho.

Any one or ones out there with tracks that could be strung together to make this one happen.
andreslobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:11 PM   #2
andreslobo OP
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Anyone

Anyone out there with these tracks or sections of it?
andreslobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:39 PM   #3
stormdog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 289
How much time do you have?
I posted a track from Faiirfield to north of Eureka all on back roads on GPS exchange
I have been From Eureka to Eastern Oregon that was mostly backroads and dirt but didnt save the track darn it but you just follow the south side of the Klamath river to Klamath Falls and then work east from there

Check out Jerry Counts library in the exchange for his OBCDT track. That will get you from lakeview Or to a place where you can bounce over to Boise or stay on it to Walla Walla and then cut across.

Anyway you get the point it is a pretty easy deal with enough time and some maps

I am doing almost the same trip next week except I will start on the North coast and end up around McCall Id
stormdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:59 PM   #4
pebowles
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 423
The road from Jordan Valley (Oregon) into Silver City is pretty tiresome...lot of ruts, 4X4s, RVs, dust. At least it was when I did it a few years back. The Idaho side is fine, and the whole south bank of the Snake is like going back in time 50 years. Little traffic, decent roads, funny little farm towns. Be prepared for weather, however, as wind, hail, thunderstorms, you name it come up from nowhere. Try going north through Susanville, plenty of good forest service roads to get to Fall River Mills, stop at Lakeview, maybe up through Alvord, then east to Boise. Also, the road going through the Whitehorse Ranch (www.whitehorserahch.info) is a fine graded gravel road with good scenery. I believe you can still stay overnight at the Whitehorse (I did a couple years ago) and eat dinner with the cowboys.
Sorry not to have the GPS dope for you, but you can suss it out in Garmin Mapview or Google Earth fairly readily.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:32 AM   #5
vrago
Plays with dirt

Oddometer: 898
Did your guys do this ride?

I have some tracks from pyramid lakes NV through Denio, Fields, frenchglen, etc. up towards McCall. there were only a few slightly difficult section as most was rangeland. We went through Smoke Creek/Black Rock/ Alvord deserts.

PM me and I'll provide a set and you can sift through them.

Never had a virago. It's my name.
vrago is offline   Reply With Quote