Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2012, 02:27 AM   #301
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....

Oddometer: 2,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakeeater View Post
I was in L.A. for work a year or so ago and I stopped by the Glendale HD. They had a slightly used XR1200 at the time. They told me: take it. They knew I was from out of state and wasn't likely to buy, but they let me take it anyway. I went up the 2 to the base of Angeles Crest, but the road was closed at the time because of the fire damage.

Fun bike, peppier than I thought. Just an absolutely hoot in traffic. No delay in throttle response. Wished I coulda taken it up the Crest more...

Cakeeater.
Glendale HD is 5 miles from me. Where I bought my new 09 buell..... 3 months before buell shut down an the fire prices began...

I'll ring them and the taj mahal in Santa Monica Bartells.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:15 AM   #302
scrannel
Scrannel

Oddometer: 1,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcat8 View Post
Glendale HD is 5 miles from me. Where I bought my new 09 buell..... 3 months before buell shut down an the fire prices began...

I'll ring them and the taj mahal in Santa Monica Bartells.
Ok, let ME know if they have a bike to ride. Thanks
scrannel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:43 AM   #303
TRRcheck
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 309
Quick question - Is there a battery charger port hooked up to the bike stock or is that something else? I mean like an auxillary port that you would use instead of the alligator clips?

Thanks!
TRRcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:15 AM   #304
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRRcheck View Post
Quick question - Is there a battery charger port hooked up to the bike stock or is that something else? I mean like an auxillary port that you would use instead of the alligator clips?

Thanks!

That is a dealer installed thing. It will vary from store to store. We put them on ALL our new and Pre-owned bikes.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:39 PM   #305
TRRcheck
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
That is a dealer installed thing. It will vary from store to store. We put them on ALL our new and Pre-owned bikes.

I wouldn't expect it to be there but I don't want to hook up my battery charger to it thinking its the port and them fry the cpu or something
TRRcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:06 PM   #306
Crilly
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 762
I now have over 13000 miles on mine. The accessory fuel gage is a great option. 4 bars to 60 miles or so. 3 bars to 110 miles or so. 2 bars to 130 miles. Flashing 1 bar at 140 miles. Out at about 150 miles. I have not run out of gas yet. I have made to the pumps a couple of times where I could not give it much throttle. One windy day on freeway it was at 130 miles. I have gone over 150 miles a few times. What I am trying to say is you will know how many miles you can go before you are out. The most I have put in is 3.6 gallons.
Crilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #307
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....

You guys must have pictures of your rides floating around....
Old 03-09-2012, 08:54 AM   #308
Photog
Charismatic Megafauna

Oddometer: 46,309
Anyone gone from the OEM tires to something else?

During the week I'm commuting about 50 miles on superslab; on weekends I'm generally hooning around in the manner intended for that bike...

Like I like. Yep.
Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #309
redscare
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crilly View Post
I now have over 13000 miles on mine. The accessory fuel gage is a great option. 4 bars to 60 miles or so. 3 bars to 110 miles or so. 2 bars to 130 miles. Flashing 1 bar at 140 miles. Out at about 150 miles. I have not run out of gas yet. I have made to the pumps a couple of times where I could not give it much throttle. One windy day on freeway it was at 130 miles. I have gone over 150 miles a few times. What I am trying to say is you will know how many miles you can go before you are out. The most I have put in is 3.6 gallons.
Where do you get this fuel gauge?

Edit: nevermind, found it. H-D's SEO is crap. That's freakin expensive.
2011 Harley XR1200X

redscare screwed with this post 03-09-2012 at 10:35 AM
redscare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:13 AM   #310
n8dawg6
krunkin'

Oddometer: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photog View Post
Anyone gone from the OEM tires to something else?

During the week I'm commuting about 50 miles on superslab; on weekends I'm generally hooning around in the manner intended for that bike...
the OEM tires don't last too terribly long. I think that most people are switching to a michelin PR2 or PR3 sport touring tire. I went against the overwhelming trend and put Dunlop Roadsmarts on mine. aaaand ... the roadsmarts work great for me. never had the slightest issue with them, they seem well-suited to the bike.

the only problem I had is that the Harley dealership that installed them somehow screwed up the rear tire valve core stem and the rear tire wouldn't hold air until i got it repaired
Old 03-09-2012, 11:55 AM   #311
Nadgett
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 549
Quote:
You guys must have pictures of your rides floating around....
Why, yes, I do...

Nadgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #312
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....

There we go!

More!

I'm easily amused with pictures
Old 03-10-2012, 02:21 PM   #313
Photog
Charismatic Megafauna

Oddometer: 46,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8dawg6 View Post
the OEM tires don't last too terribly long. I think that most people are switching to a michelin PR2 or PR3 sport touring tire. I went against the overwhelming trend and put Dunlop Roadsmarts on mine. aaaand ... the roadsmarts work great for me. never had the slightest issue with them, they seem well-suited to the bike.

the only problem I had is that the Harley dealership that installed them somehow screwed up the rear tire valve core stem and the rear tire wouldn't hold air until i got it repaired
Thanks!

Like I like. Yep.
Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:14 PM   #314
MisterPX
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Quote:
I haven't done a search yet, but have any of you owners had an issue with tank spread?
Swelling gas tanks? It's an issue that happens a lot. Corporate just has dealers replace the tanks, but those swell up too. Seems to effect bikes in ethanol areas much more than say, the euro ones.

Crilly, you some kinda of hypermiler? I can put in 3.5 galllons at 120 miles. Then again, that area under 3K rpm doesn't exist to me ;)
Since someone asked..

MisterPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:18 PM   #315
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterPX View Post
Swelling gas tanks? It's an issue that happens a lot. Corporate just has dealers replace the tanks, but those swell up too. Seems to effect bikes in ethanol areas much more than say, the euro ones.

Since someone asked..

The Ducati gt1000's an sports had the same problem. Which was the main resin I bought a triumph over the Duc. They (Ducati) was eventually hit with a class action law suit. Oddly enough, shortly there after the GT line was discontinued.